How to apply to Y Combinator and 500 Startups

Paul Bonser

Sep 22, 2015, 9:57:07 PM9/22/15
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
Working on a startup? Thinking about applying to Y Combinator and/or 500 Startups? OwnLocal (the company I work for, a Y-Combinator company) is hosting an event to talk about how to go about applying to these accelerators. It's free!

Ralph Schmidt-Dunker

Sep 22, 2015, 10:46:14 PM9/22/15
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for sharing the link! Will the event be live streamed or recorded in any way?

One of the secrets of the Austin startup ecology is that there is almost no pre-revenue funding, unlike Silicon Valley and the SF Bay area. I wish someone would have told me that years ago. I highly recommend a visit to anyone serious about their startup. You'd be amazed at the doors that open up just by showing up.

On Sep 22, 2015 6:57 PM, "Paul Bonser" <mist...@gmail.com> wrote:
Working on a startup? Thinking about applying to Y Combinator and/or 500 Startups? OwnLocal (the company I work for, a Y-Combinator company) is hosting an event to talk about how to go about applying to these accelerators. It's free!

Paul Bonser

Sep 23, 2015, 12:59:55 PM9/23/15
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
No, there are no plans to record or stream it. They really want to encourage people to show up in person. It's really valuable to have conversations in person at these sorts of things.

sarole

Sep 24, 2015, 8:38:18 AM9/24/15
to ATXHS Discuss
Thank you for the link! I'm signed up.

Ralph Schmidt-Dunker

Sep 24, 2015, 9:32:01 PM9/24/15
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com

I fully agree Paul, in person interactions are where it's at.

I'm at the Amazon popup loft and came across useful connections and resources. For example, the speaker at the Dev Ops presentation just talked about Taurus, a simple, powerful testing tool that gives you free access to Blazer Meter. http://gettaurus.org/

If you're launching a startup and looking for funding in Silicon Valley, get your terms sheet signed by Thanksgiving or you won't get funded until spring.