Fwd: Our Cheapest Computer Ever - Discount Electronics

Mert Eastman

Nov 17, 2016, 8:59:08 AM11/17/16
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com

Anyone need a cheap Linux box?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Discount Electronics" <de...@discountelectronics.com>
Date: Nov 17, 2016 1:04 AM
Subject: Our Cheapest Computer Ever - Discount Electronics
To: <mert....@gmail.com>

Ourwarehouse is overstocked and we need to get this stuff out of here today.

These Optiplex 740s are tested and working Small Form Factor Dell PCs. They have a hard drive installed but no operating system on it.

We have way too many computers in stock. These need to go today!

Buy in bulk and save even more.
We get great deals every day. If you are on our list you will be notified before the public about every steal we get. Some sell out fast so you need to be quick. Sign up here.
Discount Electronics | 1011 W Anderson Lane, Austin, TX 78757
Unsubscribe mert....@gmail.com
About our service provider
Sent by de...@discountelectronics.com

Elizabeth Greene

Nov 17, 2016, 9:37:34 AM11/17/16
to ATXHS Discuss
These have a real parallel port on them and would be good for a CNC machine using Mach3 with one of the dirt-cheap parallel interfaces.

Elizabeth Greene
615-280-0830

SteveBaker

Nov 18, 2016, 8:40:22 AM11/18/16
to ATXHS Discuss
I actually bought one of these from them Discount Electronics a while back.  They had been putting some old version of Windows on them and selling for $100 - but if you asked, they'd sell you one for $50 without the OS.  They come from point-of-sale terminals and have a weird form-factor for fitting under a desk.  Judging by the stickers left on the back, the one I had evidently came from a Cinemark movie theater ticketing desk.

These have roughly the capability of a RaspberryPi - but in a slightly larger form factor!  :-)

But I guess if you need something with a parallel port - it might not be a bad choice.

  -- Steve