Leather Class Ideas

kosen.rufu.email

Sep 3, 2016, 5:31:42 PM9/3/16
to ATXHS Discuss
I've been approached by a handful of members now on the prospect of a leather-class being taught, while I by no means claim to be an master-craftsmen on the subject, I have done a good deal of research and personal projects/execution of various techniques and seeing as no one else who has brought up the idea on teaching a class has actually done it - I'm heavily coming around to the idea of doing a few myself on perhaps a bi-monthly basis that would span a project getting done in perhaps 2 sessions (hence bi-monthly) if additional time is required.

What my query is from anyone interested:

* What kind of leather projects would you be interested in making in a class?

* What kind of techniques are you interested in learning more about/practicing?

* Would you be interested in having a singular session for only small projects to be done (could be on a weekly basis or bi-monthly basis for something like this since it's make-and-take the same day type of affair)
- or
* Would the idea of having a bi-monthly class, where the first class is requisite to the second class for project completion an interest?

* What kind of interest do you have in a mix of both types of classes within the same month where 1 week is make-and-take-same-day then next week is the bigger-project start, third week is another small-project and last week is the final-class for the bigger-projects creation?

Any other ideas for leather-related class stuff please post here, or contact me directly, as I'd like to start fleshing out more ideas regarding what kind of demands we have for the leather-interested.

Cheers,
kosen.ru...@gmail.com
832.602.9420

William Haines

Sep 3, 2016, 5:47:14 PM9/3/16
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com

Stitching, stamping, and burnishing are the techniques that immediately come to mind.  Maybe a small thing like a wallet or belt pouch with a snap?

kosen.rufu.email

Sep 3, 2016, 6:17:19 PM9/3/16
to ATXHS Discuss
FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS TO ALL: Most open time-frame to attend the class?

I realize how subject all of this, I'm just trying to get some kind of an idea on a consensus on those who are interested and start there for things, since this is likely to be a small group of people doing the class at a time since we have limited tools right now

William Haines

Sep 4, 2016, 3:25:57 PM9/4/16
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com

I know I'm usually more available at night, usually by 8pm, and that's when I teach my classes.  I have gotten feedback that any later than that doesn't work for most people and that earlier is better.