Visiting the space

Will Blevins

Dec 23, 2016, 11:06:39 AM12/23/16
to ATXHS Discuss
Hi!

My name's Will- I'm visiting from Made Makerspace Barcelona (http://made-bcn.org/) and and I'd like to visit your space for a tour sometime before Dec 31st. I would love to chat with someone about how your space is organized, what plans you have for the future, cool projects you'd like to collaborate with other spaces on, etc. I saw that you have open doors on Tuesdays from 20h-23h, but if possible I'd like to visit a little earlier so that I can drag some local friends along;  just let me know what time would be best.

Thanks!
-Will

Martin Bogomolni

Dec 23, 2016, 11:47:32 AM12/23/16
to ATXHS Discuss

Bienvenido a Austin!

Joe N

Dec 23, 2016, 12:06:29 PM12/23/16
to ATXHS Discuss, Clio Dunn

Will,

David who is the director of PR or myself can give you a tour. I'm available today and Monday. I'm not sure of David's availability. Let me know if this works for you and your group?

Will Blevins

Will Blevins

Dec 23, 2016, 1:29:01 PM12/23/16
to ATXHS Discuss, p...@atxhs.org
Monday would be great! We will probably be 3-7 people, including some kids; they'll get the standard "If you touch anything without asking first, you might die" talk before we show up. Is there a time range that works best for you?
Thanks again!
-Will

On Friday, December 23, 2016 at 11:17:08 AM UTC-6, Will Blevins wrote:
Thanks! I'm checking with the others now and will get back to you shortly.

On Friday, December 23, 2016 at 11:06:29 AM UTC-6, josephqtn1 wrote:

Will,

David who is the director of PR or myself can give you a tour. I'm availablle today and Monday. I'm not sure of David's availability. Let me know if this works for you and your group?

dan...@austin.rr.com

Dec 23, 2016, 2:12:11 PM12/23/16
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com, Will Blevins, p...@atxhs.org
Will the children be with their legal parent/guardian?

The waivers we use, we have the parent/guardian sign for a minor. If it's a third party supervising them, their signature not quite the same thing in releasing from liability.

Danny

Will Blevins

Dec 23, 2016, 2:37:10 PM12/23/16
to ATXHS Discuss, will...@gmail.com, p...@atxhs.org
Hi Danny,
If there are kids in our group they will be with their parent/legal guardian. This is something we worry about at our space too, but we haven't come up with a proper waiver yet... we haven't learned to code in legaleese yet :-/

Will Blevins

Dec 26, 2016, 11:56:36 AM12/26/16
to ATXHS Discuss, will...@gmail.com, p...@atxhs.org
Unfortunately my friends have flaked out at the last minute... They said they may be able to come tomorrow during open hours, but they are out of Austin today. Sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused- I'd still like to drop by today, but by no means should anyone go out of their way for me!
-Will

Joe N

Dec 26, 2016, 12:08:40 PM12/26/16
to ATXHS Discuss, will...@gmail.com, Clio Dunn

Will,

I won't be there till 3 this afternoon. I'm not sure if David will be in sooner. Let me know your time line?

On Dec 26, 2016 10:56 AM, "Will Blevins" <will...@gmail.com> wrote:
Unfortunately my friends have flaked out at the last minute... They said they may be able to come tomorrow during open hours, but they are out of Austin today. Sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused- I'd still like to drop by today, but by no means should anyone go out of their way for me!
-Will

Will Blevins

Dec 26, 2016, 12:17:53 PM12/26/16
to Joe N, Clio Dunn, ATXHS Discuss
I'll try to swing by in the late afternoon, but don't wait up for me! If nobody is there I will just come tomorrow during open hours :-)