Bending Plastic

Jerry Rutherford

Nov 10, 2016, 2:00:28 PM11/10/16
to Austin Hacker Space New, The Robot Group Mailing List, max hammond
Not sure if you are interested or not... but this video is about making a DIY plastic bending rig.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVEf7PfuKxo

Askjerry... everyone else does.
Visit me online at http://askjerry.info
See my projects, video links, tutorials, and blog today.

Brad Selph

Nov 10, 2016, 2:24:58 PM11/10/16
to ATXHS Discuss, robot...@puremagic.com, max...@me.com
I made one in the link and the main issue i had was trying to find a place to get the power supply from. I decided to go ahead and make my own for my production use and it works way better than the one in the link. I made the controller box out of MDF and the nichrome wire system out of (2) pieces of 80/20 1" and 3/4" MDF so it could be modular for other projects. If anyone needs help or wants a list of parts let me know.

Brad Selph

Nov 16, 2016, 9:29:48 AM11/16/16
to ATXHS Discuss, robot...@puremagic.com, max...@me.com
Jerry

I will be coming to the Thursday build night and can bring the setup if you want to check it out.