[[ Education ]] Tools, tools, tools, and courses

Martin Bogomolni

Nov 24, 2017, 6:47:49 PM11/24/17
to ATXHS Members, ATXHS Discuss
I was looking at the ATXHS Tools page on the wiki with a mind to check what tools might need a safety/checkout course, and realized that it's a bit out of date.

Calling all hackerspace members who use tools!

We need some help bringing the wiki up to date.  The page is:

http://atxhs.org/wiki/Tools

Some things are obvious ( like adding the big format CNC, welding equipment, Tormach ) and some are not.

If we have a tool, from DIY BIO to the sewing equipment, from TIG welding to metal grinding, we should have it on that page for people to be able to look up what we have.

If you don't have a wiki account and are a member, this is a good time to ask for one / register.  Go to this link if you don't already have a login:

http://atxhs.org/wiki/Special:RequestAccount

If you do have a login, and want to help, read the Tools page and spend a few minutes looking around the shop for the tools you use or that you think could use a wiki page ( or at least a listing. )   That will also give me an idea what tools need a safety course and/or a class, or of classes that we could put on the schedule involving that tool.

Thanks!
Martin Bogomolni
Director of Education, Founder