4' x 4' CNC Router Class

Ian Seyer

Apr 23, 2018, 11:29:40 AM4/23/18
to ATXHS Discuss
Hi!

Is there a class schedule for this machine? I would like to get up and running on it asap, and was wondering:

1. who I would contact to arrange a class
2. if anyone else would be interested

p.s. who would I contact to get a new key fob issued?

Riley Cassel

Apr 23, 2018, 6:02:16 PM4/23/18
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
The 3'x3' in the cnc alcove to the left of the Taig mill?

No class schedule yet, info for that would be via the director of
education or me as the main guy building it.

Unfortunately it's not quite ready

I'll post something to the list when it's online.

<rant>

Which would be MUCH sooner if people would quit piling HEAVY crap on it.

SPACE IN/ON/UNDER THE MILL TABLE IS NOT GENERAL STORAGE

</rant>

Talk to Rob about the keyfob.

-
Riley

Bob Ritchey

Apr 23, 2018, 6:03:54 PM4/23/18
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
I would be interested when the unit & instructor are ready

Joe N

Ian Seyer

Apr 24, 2018, 10:24:39 AM4/24/18
to ATXHS Discuss
Ah; I thought the machine was online.

I appreciate your efforts Riley!

Is there a class schedule for the 5' x 10' (I think? the larger one)?

Or could we schedule one?

On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 8:53:10 PM UTC-5, josephqtn1 wrote:
I assume Riley or I would be the instructor when it is fully functional.
On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 5:03 PM, Bob Ritchey <ritch...@gmail.com> wrote:
I would be interested when the unit & instructor are ready
On Mon, Apr 23, 2018, 10:29 Ian Seyer <ian....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!

Is there a class schedule for this machine? I would like to get up and running on it asap, and was wondering:

1. who I would contact to arrange a class
2. if anyone else would be interested

p.s. who would I contact to get a new key fob issued?

Jim Shepherd

Apr 26, 2018, 5:53:11 PM4/26/18
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
Are these Units as to do the fine CNC work I have been looking for? Ie a mechanical keyboard key?

Riley Cassel

Apr 27, 2018, 1:34:02 AM4/27/18
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
The Taig mill absolutely will. Some folks have even used it to mill
surface mount circuit boards.

The medium size router probably/maybe, but it remains to be seen what
sort of detail it's good for.

-
Riley

Jim Shepherd

Apr 27, 2018, 1:49:40 PM4/27/18
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
In that case we should get that instructor set up! All my projects depend on CNC right now.

Joe N

Apr 27, 2018, 1:52:36 PM4/27/18
to ATXHS Discuss
I don't use the Taig Mill that often. I can get you familiar