Blue Laser offset

Chaos

Apr 11, 2017, 4:57:56 PM4/11/17
to ATXHS Discuss
While cutting on the blue laser today, I noticed that the position of the head is offset horizontally by 1" to the left. This shows up on both the Corel print preview and the UCP viewer, so I'm not sure where the misalignment is happening.

Martin Bogomolni

Apr 11, 2017, 9:20:06 PM4/11/17
to ATXHS Discuss

Did you

* make sure to push the vector grid to the back/left to make sure it was properly seated?
* check the X/Y homing position with the red dot was in fact at the 0/0 home position?
* remove the vector bed and make sure the bay is free and clear of debris?  ( it should be regularly vacuumed )
* check the offset of your template in Corel Draw was at 0/0 in the upper left hand corner?

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 3:58 PM Chaos <chao...@gmail.com> wrote:
While cutting on the blue laser today, I noticed that the position of the head is offset horizontally by 1" to the left. This shows up on both the Corel print preview and the UCP viewer, so I'm not sure where the misalignment is happening.

Chaos

Apr 12, 2017, 11:41:43 AM4/12/17
to ATXHS Discuss
The offset in Corel was correct AFAIK; given that the problem appeared in the software preview, I didn't attempt to troubleshoot the hardware side.

Cleaning the vector bed is a good point in general, although that particular area is currently half buried in construction tools/materials from the renovations. If there's regularly a shop vac there, I'll be sure to use it in the future.

Paul Bonser

Apr 12, 2017, 2:13:57 PM4/12/17
to ATXHS Discuss
For whatever reason, they used optical end-stops in the laser. When they get clogged up, the laser will try to zero itself and then just continually shift further and further away from proper zero. Cleaning out the end-stops and re-zeroing will probably fix the issue.

dan...@austin.rr.com

Apr 12, 2017, 7:11:15 PM4/12/17
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
The sensor problem has only occurred with the Y axis, so far. This is X.

If the machine's homing is "off", the X coords on the panel won't agree with the physical location.

I was told it was "happening" last night, but the panel coords and physical location agreed, which points to a PC software problem.

Danny

Brent Thomas

Apr 12, 2017, 10:51:33 PM4/12/17
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
I'm using the blue laser now and noticed that the default page size in CorelDraw (when creating a new document) is currently set to 34" x 18" (vs. the usual 32" x 18"). If you're used to orienting your drawings based on the upper-right corner of the page, the right two inches are technically off-screen as a result (and don't show up in the preview).

I changed my document size to 32"x18" (Layout -> Page Setup -> Page Size) and everything worked as usual. Could this be the issue that people have been seeing?

-Brent

---- Paul Bonser <mist...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For whatever reason, they used optical end-stops in the laser. When they
> get clogged up, the laser will try to zero itself and then just continually
> shift further and further away from proper zero. Cleaning out the end-stops
> and re-zeroing will probably fix the issue.
>
> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 10:41 AM Chaos <chao...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The offset in Corel was correct AFAIK; given that the problem appeared in
> > the software preview, I didn't attempt to troubleshoot the hardware side.
> >
> > Cleaning the vector bed is a good point in general, although that
> > particular area is currently half buried in construction tools/materials
> > from the renovations. If there's regularly a shop vac there, I'll be sure
> > to use it in the future.
> >
> > --

Danny Miller

Apr 12, 2017, 10:56:14 PM4/12/17