Parking Ticket on robot

Brad Selph

Dec 14, 2016, 5:42:45 PM12/14/16
to ATXHS Discuss

I wanted to let the owner of the wheelchair robot under the bench by the door know it has a ticket. I figured i would post it up just in case the owner does not get to the space much anymore.

Joe N

Dec 14, 2016, 5:45:27 PM12/14/16
to ATXHS Discuss

That robot belongs to Tim Fredlund. He is busy till the end of the month

On Dec 14, 2016 4:42 PM, "Brad Selph" <selph...@gmail.com> wrote:

I wanted to let the owner of the wheelchair robot under the bench by the door know it has a ticket. I figured i would post it up just in case the owner does not get to the space much anymore.

ATXHS Public Relations

Dec 14, 2016, 6:24:39 PM12/14/16
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com

Since the lobby is being cleaned up and organized, the robot will be relocated from the 3D printer lobby and stored elsewhere on premises until it's owner(s) can pick it up.

David Glusenco
Director of Public Relations
www.atxhs.org | p...@atxhs.org

Jeffrey Cicolani

Dec 14, 2016, 6:31:06 PM12/14/16
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
Actually the robot was a donation to the Hackerspace from Luke Keyes, if memory serves memory serves me right, and Tim was the one who spent the most time working on it. If it stalled or abandoned, I can talk to TRG about taking it over as a group project.

Jeffrey Cicolani
Vice President; The Robot Group; http://therobotgroup.org
Chair; Chupacabracon; http://chupacabracon.com

See my most recent geekiness at www.cicolanistudios.com and http://nomadrobot.info

"Power to the people powerful enough to crush the other people" Joss Whedon
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." Joss Whedon

ATXHS Public Relations

Dec 14, 2016, 6:34:04 PM12/14/16
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com

It would be nice to see someone continue working on it. It's a pretty powerful, solid platform that has a lot of potential.

David Glusenco
Director of Public Relations
www.atxhs.org | p...@atxhs.org

Luke Keyes

Dec 19, 2016, 10:16:09 AM12/19/16
to ATXHS Discuss
If nobody wants to work on it at the space, I can take it back.  I will definitely put it to work.

Please let me know.

Luke

On Dec 14, 2016 4:45 PM, "Joe N" <josep...@gmail.com> wrote:

That robot belongs to Tim Fredlund. He is busy till the end of the month

On Dec 14, 2016 4:42 PM, "Brad Selph" <selph...@gmail.com> wrote:

I wanted to let the owner of the wheelchair robot under the bench by the door know it has a ticket. I figured i would post it up just in case the owner does not get to the space much anymore.

Jeffrey Cicolani

Riley Cassel

Dec 19, 2016, 11:02:18 AM12/19/16
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
It's functional with a remote, just needs a brain

-
Riley

Luke Keyes

Dec 19, 2016, 11:35:08 AM12/19/16
to ATXHS Discuss
Does it though?  My robot has gotten by pretty well without a brain.  What it really needs is someone interested in leading the project who has the time and energy it takes to work on a big robot (which in my experience, takes a lot)

Luke

Tim Fredlund

Dec 19, 2016, 12:00:47 PM12/19/16
to atxhs-discuss
I haven't had time to work on it lately and my brain for it has been sitting on my desk for ages now. Presently, it's a frame with motors, a speed controller, a signal tower, and a fusebox.

I do not anticipate having time for it in the near future, and defer to Luke's preferred handling.

Tim Fredlund | @ethosrot | #tc

Luke Keyes

Dec 22, 2016, 10:40:07 AM12/22/16
to ATXHS Discuss
What is the expiry date on the parking ticket?  since we've worked out who's taking it (me), I have to work out when I can access the space to take it (since I'm no longer a member).

Luke

Joe N

Dec 22, 2016, 10:47:20 AM12/22/16
to ATXHS Discuss

Luke,

Hit me up when you are ready. I'm at the space most days

ATXHS Public Relations

Dec 23, 2016, 1:45:16 AM12/23/16
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Luke,

There is no expiry date set. The plan is to just relocate it to a different spot in the space. It will be here when you can make time to pick it up.