Hackaday takes on Taming The Beast : Pro-Tips on building a DIY laser cutter

Martin Bogomolni

Jun 29, 2016, 5:51:23 PM6/29/16
to atxhs-discuss
"Homebrew laser cutters are nifty devices, but scorching your pals,
burning the house down, or smelling up the neighborhood isn’t anyone’s
idea of a great time. Lets face it. A 60-watt laser that can cut
plastics offers far more trouble than even the crankiest 3D-printers"
... "Despite the danger, the temptation to build one is irresistible."

http://hackaday.com/2016/06/29/taming-the-beast-pro-tips-for-designing-a-safe-homebrew-laser-cutter/

Elizabeth Greene

Jun 29, 2016, 6:14:57 PM6/29/16
to ATXHS Discuss
Timely. I spent 4 hours last night failing utterly to aim the laser
on one of these.
https://buildyourcnc.com/blacktoothlasercutterandengraver.aspx

Any advice or tips are very much appreciated.

Also, can someone who knows how to clean the front surface mirrors
correctly shoot me a quick blurb on how I should do it? This isn't
for ATXHs, it's for it's distant cousin, The Marietta Makerspace.

Elizabeth Greene
615-280-0830