TRG Competition Night and Announcement

Jeffrey Cicolani

Sep 28, 2017, 11:55:44 AM9/28/17
to The Robot Group Mailing List, atxhs-...@googlegroups.com, atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
tldr; Competition night is in 32 days and will feature the first TRG open-house. I am announcing the New Years Eve Robot Bash with bot-luck dinner and ant-weight battlebots. Compete in the October competition and waive the $20 entry for your first bot into the ant-weight competition.

We are a scant 32 days away from the TRG 5th Sunday Competition Night. That's a little over four weeks to get your bots ready to strut their stuff.

Like last time, we will be featuring the tabletop challenge (find the edge of the table without falling off. Bonus points for each edge your bot finds) and a line following challenge for best time around the track.

If there is interest in floor versions of these competitions, let me know ASAP so we can get the fields ready. Floor challenges are for the bots too big to fit on the table safely.

We will also be having show and tell for any and all projects that you want to show off. Like last time, as well, we will be lining tables along the walls of the classroom for folks to set-up and show off their projects.

We are a robot building group, so I really want to see what everyone is working on! Bring out your bots, regardless of their current stage of completion. We all know these can be long-term projects, especially with limited time with which to work on them. So, bring them out, show them off, see what everyone else is working on, ask questions, answer questions, compete, and have a good time.

This is an event I am going to start pushing as our own version of an open-house. The more robots we have on display, the better we'll look.

And, now for the announcement.

On December 31st, which is the last competition night of the year, we will be going out in style. On that night we will be hosting the New Years Eve Robot Bash. What is this you ask? We will be saying goodbye to 2017 and ushering in 2018 with a 'Bot-Luck dinner along with our regular competition and displays.

But to make it really special, we will be introducing Ant-Weight Battlebots! That's right, you read correctly. Ant weight is under 1 pound. So, small robots, destroying each other, for our amusement.

More information will be going out soon, but the competition will follow the Ant-Weight World Series Rules found here: http://www.robotwars101.org/ants/rules.htm.

There will be a $20 entry fee for each robot participating in the ant-weight competition. However, every person who competes at the October competition will be provided a voucher for one free entry. So, if you compete this time, you can enter one robot in the ant-weight competition at no fee. Additional robots will incur a fee, but the first will be waived.

Happy building!

Jeffrey Cicolani
President; The Robot Group; http://therobotgroup.org
Chair; Chupacabracon; http://chupacabracon.com

See my most recent geekiness at www.cicolanistudios.com and http://nomadrobot.info

"Power to the people powerful enough to crush the other people" Joss Whedon
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." Joss Whedon