Proposed amendment to the OA this Sat

Mike Rich (Origin)

Jun 16, 2016, 8:03:02 AM6/16/16
to ATXHS Discuss
Couldn't figure out how to x-post or cc so here it is from the members list:

I haven't been active with the space in a long time, and that sucks. But I should think this post represents how important this is to me.

First, the final wording isn't present anywhere. This is required:
Voting Members may submit policy changes and Operating Agreement amendments as proposals on the Members list with [Proposal] in the subject, e.g. “[atxhs-members] [proposal] We should get a shop cat”. Proposals with final verbiage must be seconded by another voting member by 11:59pm on Wednesday, June 15th, 2016.

If I'm wrong, please show me where it is. The last discussion I saw about this was August of last year, totally unresolved, and without final verbiage, or a second.

Most importantly I think, the past members put A LOT of time, effort, and money coming to the consensus that the current structure was appropriate. There are many, many other ways to do this (if that's what we decide) and those need to be discussed, unfortunately with a lawyer and outside input.

Full disclosure: I have a tiny invested interest in the space, but couldn't care less. I care that everyone has a say (voting or not) - this would be a big change, with big impact. Bringing this up 3 days before a vote is not ok.

On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 12:36:00 AM UTC-5, Martin Bogomolni wrote:

What is the proposed text of the Amendment to the OA?   I've been trying to find the full proposed amendment on the mailing list, and failing.

-Martin

hr

Jun 16, 2016, 10:08:55 AM6/16/16
to ATXHS Discuss
Hey Mike,

long time since we saw you around, good to see you pop up again.

As was said in the other thread this vote is not an immediate priority, it's just one step toward the 501(c)3 status many have called for and it should be given time to be discussed, getting a thread started on it was forgotten among the shuffle of other things, so we are going to bring it up for discussion at this quarterly and hold the vote later.

I just wanted to put a note in this thread so that people on the discuss list weren't confused.

Dustin Silverman
HR