Creative use for textbooks?

Clairissa Simmons

Aug 22, 2016, 10:57:22 AM8/22/16
to ATXHS Discuss
Hi all,

My office has a big pile of textbooks that need a new home. The only rule is they can't re-enter the marketplace (so you can't sell them or donate them somewhere to be sold). Anyone have creative ideas on what to do with them? They are all higher education, mostly chemistry, organic chemistry, economics, and biology.

I've tried local tutoring groups, Austin Creative Reuse, and local art groups.
2016-08-17 15.12.03.jpg

B L Gupton

Aug 22, 2016, 12:12:23 PM8/22/16
to Clairissa Simmons, ATXHS Discuss
We could take the chem, O-chem, and bio books for our library at the hackerspace. Looks like you've got a lot of econ though.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Albatross Hotel

Aug 23, 2016, 7:06:42 PM8/23/16
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
There is a great charity that I'm active in currently, called Inside Books Project. They are a non-profit organization run by volunteers dedicated to providing books for Texas prisoners. The Texas prison system is notoriously bad for providing educational and rehabilitation materials for inmates and a lot of these folks are desperate for a second chance to learn, acquire a skill, entertain and educate themselves. There's a huge demand for educational materials. They'd love to have your books!

http://insidebooksproject.org/