Red laser down

Marcus Andrew Ebels

Apr 25, 2018, 1:12:15 PM4/25/18
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
Z axis is stuck at lowest position, red tagged it

dan...@austin.rr.com

Apr 25, 2018, 2:10:23 PM4/25/18
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com, Marcus Andrew Ebels
I'll come take a look at if after work.

Danny

---- Marcus Andrew Ebels <meb...@utexas.edu> wrote:
> Z axis is stuck at lowest position, red tagged it

me

Apr 25, 2018, 2:13:41 PM4/25/18
to ATXHS Discuss
How did this happen?  Very frustrating to not be able to use laser yet again after blocking out time to finish project for a client. I just arrived after going to pick up material to find the red tag on the machine.  unreliable usage is rendering my membership useless.  why is there only one person who can fix the laser when it is red tagged?  Can't other members be trained so that there are several possible people who can fix issues more quickly?  I rely on this for items that I need to get out on a deadline but several times I have booked in the past month I have not been able to cut because of a red tag then between my own scheduled an already booked appointments it will be several days or the next week before I can come again.

Michael Kim

Apr 25, 2018, 2:47:04 PM4/25/18
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Danny,

Appreciate all your recent efforts to fix the machine, but I also agree that it would be great if we could get another volunteer that could be trained to help fix these issues. What would be the steps to arrange this to happen?

Also, it would be helpful to understand what caused the problems after fixing the machines, so that we can get a better understanding of the issue and how to prevent it from happening again in the future.

Thanks,
Michael

dan...@austin.rr.com

Apr 25, 2018, 8:34:06 PM4/25/18
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com, Marcus Andrew Ebels
Unjammed and rehomed.

Danny

Howie

Apr 25, 2018, 8:35:37 PM4/25/18
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
Danny: Neither Stephen  nor I have been able to cut anything for half an hour. Seems like a low power issue. Help!

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 7:34 PM, <dan...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
Unjammed and rehomed.

Danny