Where to get Surplus Lithium ion battery packs in Austin?

Krispy

Nov 18, 2016, 10:43:10 PM11/18/16
to ATXHS Discuss
Hi,

Where can I obtain surplus lithium battery packs in Austin?  To harvest 18650 cells from.
I'd like to get some experience building Electric lawn mower and eBike packs.

Krispy

Robert Ristroph

Nov 21, 2016, 12:44:30 PM11/21/16
to atxhs-discuss
I would start with calling places that repair laptops. I don't know
of a specific source.

--Rob
> --

http://rgr.freeshell.org/

Joe N

Nov 21, 2016, 12:47:31 PM11/21/16
to ATXHS Discuss

Some e recycling places might make you a deal. There are rules and regulations with e recycling though.

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 9:43 PM, Krispy <schlud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Where can I obtain surplus lithium battery packs in Austin?  To harvest
> 18650 cells from.
> I'd like to get some experience building Electric lawn mower and eBike
> packs.
>
> Krispy
>
> --

http://rgr.freeshell.org/

Alex shipp

Nov 21, 2016, 1:05:36 PM11/21/16
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
Maybe try local vapor stores as well. I know a lot of mods use 18650s.

Dan DeFelippi

Nov 25, 2016, 3:36:50 PM11/25/16
to ATXHS Discuss
My dad goes to the local landfill and grabs battery packs from the recycle piles. They're usually mostly good. Not sure if that's possible here, he's not in Austin.