Blue Ryobi bandsaw

sarole

Sep 19, 2015, 12:33:14 PM9/19/15
to ATXHS Discuss
I got a blade for it but someone told me the key was deliberately removed. Was this for a particular reason? Im trying to figure out if it is safe to use.

Joe N

Sep 19, 2015, 12:48:38 PM9/19/15
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com

It is ok to use. Use a drill bit to actuate the switch. Place the drill bit about an 1/16th horizontally into the hole and turn on the switch

On Sep 19, 2015 11:33 AM, "sarole" <sar...@gmail.com> wrote:
I got a blade for it but someone told me the key was deliberately removed. Was this for a particular reason? Im trying to figure out if it is safe to use.

Danny Miller

Sep 19, 2015, 3:54:57 PM9/19/15
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
The Ryobi hand router table lacked a key, and used the same key as the
Ryobi bandsaw which had no blade.

So I took the key out for the router.

That Ryobi bandsaw is exceptionally poor construction, even for a mini
bandsaw. Fair warning. It is not "unsafe" but not a great saw as
things go.

Danny

Joe N

Sep 19, 2015, 4:14:44 PM9/19/15
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com

Danny is right.  It can cut sheet metal though