pick and place

Bill Tyler

Mar 27, 2015, 6:17:29 PM3/27/15
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
Anyone done anything with pick and place machines?  I am starting to think about trying to get/build one.  I have been looking over this one a bit but am early in the research and would like to hear if anyone has experience and what they have done.

Martin Bogomolni

Mar 27, 2015, 7:45:46 PM3/27/15
to atxhs-discuss

I have.  Give me a call.

-Martin

On Mar 27, 2015 5:17 PM, "Bill Tyler" <Bi...@tyler-labs.com> wrote:
Anyone done anything with pick and place machines?  I am starting to think about trying to get/build one.  I have been looking over this one a bit but am early in the research and would like to hear if anyone has experience and what they have done.

Colt Wilkens

Apr 2, 2015, 2:51:10 PM4/2/15
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com

I've used some manual pick and places. I've looked into the automated homebrew ones like the one you linked, and I think it comes down to what you're going to use it for. If you do a lot of one-off/prototyping boards, the time needed to configure the automated pick and place probably isn't worth it, but the assistance of a manual pick and place would help tremendously vs tweezers and the like. I'd say if you're doing 10+ boards of the same design, then an automated one starts looking worthwhile.

And now that I try to look them up, I can't seem to find any images of pick and places similar to the one I've used.