125 W CO2 Laser time in South Austin/Wimberley Texas for trade

Josh Evans

Oct 3, 2016, 11:18:20 AM10/3/16
to ATXHS Discuss
Hello ATXHS,

About three years ago I learned about laser cutting on the Epilog 60w assuming its still there.

I purchased my own laser cutter about two years ago.  Recently I just don't have time to do projects and it just sits there in my workshop.

I live in Wimberley Texas on Lone man creek.  Im offering for trade the opportunity to use a larger laser and even kayak on the creek in the back yard.

The laser is in a separate workshop.  Im typically in my office near by on the ranch.

The laser is 900mm x 1000mm and is about 125watts last measured a year ago.  The computer is very old but has internet, inkscape, autocad 2007 and lasercad the software for the machine.  I have three lenses but one is damaged.  I have three workstations that I intend to use for the machine but I literally just don't always have the time/focus to install the drivers on the new machines.  I work from home but travel often.  My family and I live on the property so were always working on something and can help with questions etc.

I am in need of services for general computer knowledge, engineering, networking, graphics editing etc.

All of my needs are what I would call basic.  For example I write many designs reports and could use someone for half a day to work on the graphic formatting etc.  Also general website programming development.  Ill even take an IOU but it depends on what you can offer for a trade skill.  Im a very laid back sound engineer that works on big sound system.  I bought the laser for my weekend project called www.rackdivider.com but as I mentioned.  Im limited on time as I travel and have a family now.

The machine works fantastic and can use about 9/10s of the working table.  Better mirror alignment might allow for the full table size.  I have general tools availble etc.

From south austin we are only 30 minutes away.  From hackerspace ATX its a small hike but when their is no traffic I generally pop into downtown austin in 40 minutes.

If many are interested then I would need someone to help manage the machine time which I would also consider for trade as well.

My contact info is

We are located at 609 Deer Lake Road, Wimberley Texas 78676

The workshop is availble from 7am-7pm.

Apologies if anyone thinks this post is in poor fashion.  But id rather make this offer hear rather craigslist.  I will likely offer this only to ATXHS and engineering students.

Ch33rs-

Josh
Screen Shot 2016-10-03 at 9.58.23 AM.png
unnamed.jpg