Wire / Jumpers

Jerry Rutherford

Mar 10, 2017, 2:18:13 PM3/10/17
to The Robot Group Mailing List, Austin Hacker Space New
As some of you know, I was talking about how you can get communications cable with multiple solid core strands, strip back the jacket, and make many colorful jumpers from it.
Well... I had 6 pieces of left over cable... each about 15 feet long... and each containing 32 pairs... 64 wires. About 15 pounds worth.

Rather than throw it away... I decided to put it in a box and mail it back to myself. When I get back, I'll bring it to a meeting and anyone can take as much as they want... I'll show you how to use the pull cord to strip back the jacket and make 50 different color jumpers. Yup... 25 pairs... 50 different cable colors.

http://www.showmecables.com/images/catalog/product/25pair3.jpg

I've been using this stuff since 1978.... wow... I'm getting kinda old...

Jerry