Any hints to the Red Laser Nozzle alignment

Ben Nash

Dec 14, 2016, 6:58:18 AM12/14/16
to ATXHS Discuss
HI all, I'm having trouble getting the red laser's nozzle aligned. Any hints?

Just last night Colin walked me through this and seems like a little adjustment and tightening did the trick. Today nothing seems to get it back in check.

Any tips appreciated.
thanks

Ben Nash

Dec 14, 2016, 7:13:14 AM12/14/16
to ATXHS Discuss
It seems the set screw is stripped. Shutting it down for now.

dan...@austin.rr.com

Dec 14, 2016, 12:41:27 PM12/14/16
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com, Ben Nash
Absolutely do NOT adjust or tighten the cone. There is no actual room for adjustment and it can seriously screw up the HW. It should never be "tightened", that won't even work on that config. It is weirdly not a regular screw at all.

The AA cone sensor is poorly placed. It doesn't read when the cone's in its ideal position. I did have to realign the cone to fix a problem and it seemed to be reading fine at the time. A shift in temp may have reduced the sensitivity of the sensor though 'cause it's gotta be right on the edge of its detection range to get the cone where it needs to be in regards to the beam center.

It was running fine the last couple of days. Pretty sure you can just resume if that error trips mid-job.

I do have plans to rework that board with a new sensor soon, but it's a somewhat extensive job.

Danny

Ben Nash

Dec 14, 2016, 12:47:12 PM12/14/16
to ATXHS Discuss, ben...@gmail.com
Thanks Danny

Ben Nash

Dec 14, 2016, 8:41:22 PM12/14/16
to ATXHS Discuss
I'm here again, about to start and the red laser has the same issue. Anyone else here available to take a look? Thanks

ATXHS Public Relations

Dec 14, 2016, 9:00:38 PM12/14/16
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com

Not at the moment Ben. Danny will be by to look at it later.

David Glusenco
Director of Public Relations
www.atxhs.org | p...@atxhs.org

Joe N

Dec 14, 2016, 9:06:43 PM12/14/16
to ATXHS Discuss

Colin and I saw this earlier.

Screenshot_2016-12-14-14-46-09.jpg

Danny Miller

Dec 15, 2016, 2:15:37 AM12/15/16
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com

All fixed up now.

Danny

ATXHS Public Relations

Dec 15, 2016, 2:17:05 AM12/15/16
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com

Thank you Danny. I don't know what we would do without you.

David Glusenco
Director of Public Relations
www.atxhs.org | p...@atxhs.org

William Haines

Dec 15, 2016, 9:32:01 AM12/15/16
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com

"Nobody touch the screw!"  Is what I got out of this thread.

Joe N

Dec 15, 2016, 11:36:04 AM12/15/16
to ATXHS Discuss
Thanks Danny!!