Mechanical computers

evan

Feb 17, 2015, 2:11:11 PM2/17/15
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
Stumbled across this video on early naval fire control computers, I know there's an automaton group and I thought some of you might appreciate this.

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1i-dnAH9Y4

Jeffrey Cicolani

Feb 18, 2015, 1:54:19 AM2/18/15
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
Are there more of these? It clearly demonstrates some mechanical principals some of us aren't familiar with and would be super helpful in robotics.

See my most recent geekiness at www.cicolanistudios.com

"Power to the people powerful enough to crush the other people" Joss Whedon
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." Joss Whedon

Evan Weinberger

Feb 18, 2015, 2:12:16 AM2/18/15
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
I haven't found anything else as comprehensive as this one, I don't think ever. I think it's a pretty incredible demonstration of mathematical and mechanical prowess to begin with and it's still so well illustrated. They just don't make 'em like they used to..

Jordan Wills

Feb 18, 2015, 8:59:43 AM2/18/15
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
It's not exactly the same subject matter, but Hackaday featured a similar video a while back on how a differential works that was pretty fascinating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYAw79386WI