Rocks and Waterfalls

Jerry Rutherford

Mar 26, 2015, 1:14:02 PM3/26/15
to Austin Hacker Space New
I started on a little fountain/waterfall project here a couple of years ago... I have a plastic pond thingie... and it is running as a fountain in the back yard. But I never finished it. I was looking at the bank account... and I have enough to get some rocks from a landscaping place in Greene... but not a truck or trailer to get what I need. I'll need about 3/4 ton of rocks... or about half a pallette of them to do what I want to do.

I can get that much with my car... in about 4 trips... but it would be so much easier if someone had a small trailer or a hefty pickup truck. then we could have the loader drop in what I need... and we are done. I'd pay for gas, and we could stop for a nice lunch. Riley was going to help... but his pickup is having issues. Work for me is slow this week... so I could likely take off tomorrow, or perhaps do it on Saturday.

Anyone?

If not... I'll just start making trips by myself... frankly... just don't feel like it.

Thanks,
Jerry

Askjerry... everyone else does.
Visit me online at http://askjerry.info
See my projects, video links, tutorials, and blog today.
http://youtube.com/askjerry https://www.facebook.com/jerryarutherford http://askjerry.info

Matt Lawrence

Mar 26, 2015, 4:17:31 PM3/26/15
to atxhs-discuss
I have a utility trailer that you are quite welcome to borrow, but my truck isn't running, so you would need a trailer hitch.

-- Matt

Michael Burek

Mar 26, 2015, 7:03:01 PM3/26/15
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jerry,

Greene? Gruene? By New Braunfels?

Anyway, might want to check the free section on Craigslist. Depending on the type of rocks you are looking for, people are always trying to get rid of rocks. Some have them already pulled and on the curb, others need someone to pick the rocks up. Some will help you load, some won't. Some are clean rocks, others were buried in the dirt and are dirty and ragged.

Thanks,
Mike B