[[ Education ]] Classroom Update

Martin Bogomolni

Jun 2, 2017, 1:45:32 PM6/2/17
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com, atxhs-discuss
Hello everyone!   I wanted to make sure that all our members stay up to date over the next week as the Classroom gets a makeover.

I have to work my normal job, as well as work on the classroom, so it's going to be something I work on part-time during the day.   The following is a loose schedule of what's going to be going on over the next week, and what everyone can expect.

** If you're available, and want to help, I could certainly use it!  Reply to this post with when you can come in to lend a hand.  The more people I can get to help, the faster this will go **

I _especially_ need help with moving items, and with painting.

SCHEDULE(-ish)

JUN 2: 3pm-6pm : Packing and moving items out of the classroom

* Move two computers to the lounge so they can still be used for 3D/CAD
* Pack up the rest of the computers, and store in CoWorking until they find a permanent home in the Lounge, or elsewhere in the hackerspace
* Remove printers from the room to Lounge.  Dell printer needs repair, will be moved to CoWorking until we can source a new transfer cartridge for it
* Take apart the desks along the back wall, stack the desk surfaces and store them for later use
* Move desks that are in the room to the lounge or elsewhere

BONUS : If I can get a volunteer or two -- pack the library up into boxes, and move out the shelving to the lounge
BONUS : If can get a volunteer or two -- pack the Robot Group cabinet up and move it to the dirty shop, next to the storage loft stairs.

JUN 3: ~1pm to ~4pm : More packing and/or starting the floor cleaning

* Move Library books & Robot group cabinet if not finished on the 2nd
* Pick up any debris in the room, throw it away
* Remove the whiteboard, put away temporarily after cleaning/scrubbing
* Give the carpet a good vacuuming
* Spot treat any stains on the industrial carpet.
* Bring my carpet cleaning machine, and give the carpet of the room a good industrial scrubbing.
* Wipe down the walls, patch and spackle any wall scrapes/holes

JUN 4:  -- No work -- Carpet drying

* Manufacture one of the CNC tables, and check for fit and finish in the room with the chairs we already have.
* If the table fits well and works, manufacture the rest of them

JUN 5 & 6: 1pm-5pm : Painting / Cabinet / Furniture

* Remove switch trim plates, and attach plastic tarp to floor with masking tape.
* Trim three walls with gray paint, one wall with blue, then paint the walls.
* Install office supply cubby and cabinet door into the inset window area

JUN 7 : 9am -> Whenever

* Purchase two or three new 96" whiteboards, install on wall opposite doors
* Purchase two matching pull-down screens for projection, mount above the two whiteboards
* Install either the electric screen, or a pull down screen for the 1080p projector.
* Mount and install 1080p projector
* Install furniture.
* Party like it's 1999.

Martin Bogomolni

Jun 2, 2017, 1:49:00 PM6/2/17
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com, atxhs-discuss

P.S.) PLEASE get any personal items you've left in the Classroom out by the end of Jun 3rd!

If there are any personal items left in the room after the 3rd, they will be put neatly away in Lost and Found.  I will post pictures of the items to the list, and if not claimed they will be Space Jail'ed.

Martin Bogomolni

Jun 5, 2017, 1:17:52 PM6/5/17
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com, atxhs-discuss

Updating the schedule.  Things have slipped by a day:

SCHEDULE(-ish)

JUN 5: 3pm to ~6pm : More packing and/or starting the floor cleaning

* Pick up any debris in the room, throw it away
* Remove the whiteboard, put away temporarily after cleaning/scrubbing
* Give the carpet a good vacuuming
* Spot treat any stains on the industrial carpet.
* Bring my carpet cleaning machine, and give the carpet of the room a good industrial scrubbing.

JUN 6: -- No work -- Carpet drying

* Manufacture one of the CNC tables, and check for fit and finish in the room with the chairs we already have.
* If the table fits well and works, manufacture the rest of them
* Wipe down the walls, patch and spackle any wall scrapes/holes

JUN 7: 1pm-5pm : Painting / Cabinet / Furniture

* Remove switch trim plates, and attach plastic tarp to floor with masking tape.
* Trim three walls with gray paint, one wall with blue, then paint the walls.
* Install office supply cubby and cabinet door into the inset window area

JUN 8 : 9am -> Whenever

Martin Bogomolni

Jun 5, 2017, 4:46:04 PM6/5/17
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com, atxhs-discuss

Rain has me running a little behind... loading my good 'ol carpet cleaner in the car and then heading to the space.

-M