Update on Atlassian Connect JS version 5-beta for JIRA and Confluence

David Boyd

Mar 1, 2017, 9:56:42 PM3/1/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Hi All,

We will be continuing the gradual ACJS V5 rollout for Confluence and JIRA this week.
Until the rollout is complete there will be some customers on V3, and some customers on V5.

You can quickly determine if a customer is on V3 or V5 by hitting the following URLs:
JIRA: <instance>/atlassian-connect/all-debug.js
Confluence: <instance>/wiki/atlassian-connect/all-debug.js

If the instance is on V3 the version will be displayed in the first few lines:
/*! atlassian-connect-js - v3.2.11 - 2017-02-22 */

Please raise any support requests in the ACJS project and include as much information possible to help us reproduce any issues you have.

Regards,
David Boyd
Atlassian Connect

Jon Bevan

Mar 2, 2017, 4:32:24 AM3/2/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Hi David,

Do you mean the 2nd and 3rd of March or between the 6th and the 10th?

It would have been nice to have had some more advanced warning of the roll out given that not all dev instances even have v5 deployed to them yet!

Thanks,
Jon

Mark Long

Mar 2, 2017, 10:58:56 AM3/2/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Jon,

A heads up - I'm seeing it already on some of my client's production instances.

I found out because there are apparently breaking changes to AP.request that weren't documented in the release notes or on the beta docs site, and my addon started throwing errors:
  • The function signature for the success callback is different - it was previously just (responseText), now it appears to be (body, success, responseText)
  • 400+ response status codes used to be handled by the error callback (jQuery style), now they are handled by the success callback (standard style)
Mark

Mark Long

Mar 2, 2017, 11:08:39 AM3/2/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Sorry, that bit about the function signatures changing was incorrect - the signature for the success callback is in fact the same as it was previously: (body, statusText, XHR response). I'm just getting bit because the 400+ responses are hitting the success callback now rather than the error callback.

Jon Bevan

Mar 2, 2017, 11:29:23 AM3/2/17
to atlassian-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Mark,

Thankfully I spotted that last minute breaking change in behaviour yesterday...

Jon Bevan | Consultant Developer | Adaptavist.com Ltd.

Email: jbe...@adaptavist.com
Visit us: http://www.adaptavist.com | Follow us: http://twitter.com/adaptavist

Adaptavist.com Ltd.
Waterside, Unit 2, 44-48 Wharf Road, London, N1 7UX

Registered in England and Wales #5456785 | VAT Reg. GB 872 1217 39

Adrian Wieczorek

Mar 2, 2017, 3:15:39 PM3/2/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Hi,

I have noticed the same behavior with 400+ error responses triggering success callback on AP.request and even reported it via support portal a week ago here:

I'm on the Connect Week in AMS at the moment so If someone from Atlassians want a live demo just let me know and I will provide one tomorrow :-)

Regards,
Adrian Wieczorek

--
WISOFT

Vitalii Zurian

Mar 2, 2017, 4:49:43 PM3/2/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Wow, I've just spotted the change of 400+ status handling in the request module.

It breaks a lot of the logic in my apps. Meh.

David Boyd

Mar 2, 2017, 11:53:16 PM3/2/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Hi all,

As a precaution, we have paused the ACJS V5 rollout at 25% of all instances while we wait for the fix for this issue to reach production next week.

Regards,
David Boyd
Atlassian Connect

Vitalii Zurian

Mar 3, 2017, 8:31:34 AM3/3/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Hi David,
thank you for the update — looking forward to it!

Is there a ticket to track the progress?

I already had a couple of complains from the customers that the Add-Ons are not working properly, and they were referencing to the fact that there is no feedback anymore when an error occurs.

Cheers

Jeff Pierce

Mar 6, 2017, 4:00:54 AM3/6/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev

David Boyd

Mar 8, 2017, 6:44:44 PM3/8/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Hi all,

Just confirming that the fix for ACJS-529 (AP.request callback issue) has now been fully rolled out to production.
At this stage we plan to resume the rollout of ACJS V5 next week.

David Boyd
Atlassian Connect

Jon Bevan

Mar 16, 2017, 5:31:33 AM3/16/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Hi David,

Please could you give us an update on this?

Thanks,
Jon

David Boyd

Mar 17, 2017, 1:06:01 AM3/17/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Hi Jon,

The rollout is currently around 50% for both JIRA and Confluence.
There have been a few ongoing issues related to resizing.
Our goal is to get version 5 onto all instances within the next week.

Regards,
David Boyd
Atlassian Connect

David Pinn

Mar 17, 2017, 5:35:47 AM3/17/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Hi Jon. When the rollout is complete, would you please post a notice in the JIRA Cloud and Confluence Cloud categories of the new Developer Community site

Many thanks, in anticipation,
David

Jon Bevan

Mar 21, 2017, 7:29:41 AM3/21/17