Ships and TEACH

Enno Rehling

Jul 6, 2013, 2:00:29 AM7/6/13
to atlanti...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I was made aware that there has been a bug in ship building that caused some ships to take forever to get finished. This bug is fixed, and on Sunday, all existing ships will be automatically completed at the start of the turn to compensate for your troubles. This means that if you've started building one, you can assume that it is complete, and start sailing right away!

In other news, this will be the final turn during which the TEACH command does anything. The survey on this rule change had six responses, and all but one of them were in favor of dropping the command entirely.

Good luck everybody,
Enno.

Dirk Meister

Jul 7, 2013, 6:06:00 AM7/7/13
to atlanti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Enno,

I have some questions about ships: In the rules I can't see informations about the range of ships. And how many sailor each type of ship need for sailing. It looks for me that it will be possible to sail a ship (up to a galleon) with a single person on board. Could this be true? I can't believe...

Greetings,
Olm

Enno Rehling

Jul 7, 2013, 6:11:57 AM7/7/13
to atlanti...@googlegroups.com

Those are the rules. Ships have a movement of one, and the owner can sail them, even a single person with no skills. Movement rules are among the things I am currently thinking about, but they are hard.