Suggested Rule Change: Drop "Teach"

harry

Jun 29, 2013, 10:34:52 AM6/29/13
to atlanti...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

  has everyone settled in by now? I kind of have, although it took me a while to realize how fast factions can potentially grow in this game. In other news I couldnt help but notice that some factions have already disappeared and others look rather neglected. Hope, I'm not last man standing already.

Enno, do you still plan on doing the player suggested rule updates you mentioned? If so, I would suggest to get rid of "teach". I'm already losing sleep thinking about how I'm going to set up exponentially growing teaching pyramids as the game progresses.

Have a nice report day!
Harry

Enno Rehling

Jun 29, 2013, 11:43:06 AM6/29/13
to atlanti...@googlegroups.com

harry

Jul 1, 2013, 3:08:25 PM7/1/13
to atlanti...@googlegroups.com
>Anybody who has read my little rant on atlantisdev

just read it. Good to hear you're working on another game.

Concerning your design ideas, it seems to me that most of them (like cities and pre equipped units) would transform the game into something similiar to civilization (not implying thats a bad thing).

> require teachers to be at least two levels above their students

yeah, I never quite saw the point of that. Voted for losing teach completely.

kr
Harry

Enno Rehling

Jul 2, 2013, 5:38:50 AM7/2/13