GuildQuality is hiring (PHP Developer & Front End Engineer)

Geoff Graham

Nov 3, 2015, 8:38:23 PM11/3/15
to AtlantaPHP Discussions and Job Postings
Hey folks,

We're excited to have renewed our Atlanta PHP sponsorship. Glad to be a part of this great community.

GuildQuality is searching for exceptional exceptional people in pretty much every area. I'll share two relevant job descriptions below, but if you know good folks who are looking, please forward them this list of all of our openings. If one of these positions looks interesting to you, please email me a little about yourself (ge...@guildquality.com). Thanks!

PHP Developer
GuildQuality is looking for more exceptional PHP Developers to join the engineering team!

If...
- you like to build;
- you value freedom, flexibility, and empowerment;
- you love working with the best tools out there;
- it's important to you to work alongside supportive leadership;
- you get jazzed by the notion that your work will have an immediate, visible, and significant impact on the bottom line of the business;
- you long for an opportunity to be a part of an award-winning work environment
- friendliness is a core requirement for your next role;
- you are focused on measurable results,

...then we would like to speak with you!

RESPONSIBILITIES
  • Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web and hybrid web/mobile applications
  • Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
  • Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE

REQUIRED:
  • A passion for digital products
  • Self-motivated and collaborative
  • Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
  • 2+ years of PHP/MySQL experience
  • 2+ years of JavaScript experience, including concepts like asynchronous programming, closures, OOP
  • Experience with AngularJS
  • Experience with version control (git)
  • BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
DESIRED:
  • Experience with Laravel
  • Experience building hybrid web/mobile apps (Cordova/Phonegap)
WORK ENVIRONMENT/CULTURE/BENEFITS
  • Awesome Midtown location with open office layout, free coffee, and cool office dogs.
  • Results Oriented Work Environment (ROWE)
  • Unlimited vacation/personal/sick days. When someone needs time off, they take it.
  • Very few meetings, but lots of open communication.
  • Open-book. No secrets here! Everyone has a very clear understanding of how the business is performing.
  • Employment benefits include great health insurance, long term disability insurance, and life insurance.
  • Matching SIMPLE IRA contributions, up to 3% of salary.
  • Company wide events, happy hours and outings are a regular thing here at GuildQuality. Our team loves strategizing about the future of the company all while getting down to having a good time, relaxing and enjoying a Sweetwater beer or two. (Did we mention they’re right next door?)
  • Every single person in the company moves our needle. We have no dead weight getting in the way, no negative attitudes bringing people down, and no bureaucracy adding friction to our progress.
  • The GuildQuality team prides themselves on being friendly, kind and team-oriented. All the time, no exceptions. No egos, no personal agendas, just a focus on doing great work.

Front End Engineer
We’re looking for a design-minded developer whose work is fast, modern, and thoughtfully architected. You’ll be working with our engineers and designers to build the features and user interfaces of new GuildQuality apps and services.

RESPONSIBILITES
  • Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web and hybrid web/mobile applications
  • Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
  • Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
EXPERIENCE

REQUIRED:
  • A passion for digital products
  • Self-motivated and collaborative
  • Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
  • Experience with Angular, or at least a strong argument why Backbone, Ember, etc are better
  • Experience building hybrid web/mobile apps
  • 3+ years of JavaScript experience, including concepts like asynchronous programming, closures, types, and ES6.
  • 3 + years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
  • 3+ years experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
  • BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
DESIRED:
  • Experience w/ Google’s Polymer and/or Material Design frameworks
  • Experience w/ Javascript/CSS animation
  • Experience building native iOS and/or Android apps