AtlantaPHP September 2016 Meeting

Chris Spruck

Aug 15, 2016, 11:08:37 PM8/15/16
to Atlanta PHP, Atlanta PHP Announcements
Announcing a new Meetup for the AtlantaPHP User Group!

NOTE: NEW LOCATION - ShootProof, 600 Galleria Parkway, Suite 1460, Atlanta, GA 30339

Directions: Take I-285 to Cobb Parkway/US-41. Go south and turn left on Akers Mill Rd. At the second traffic light, take a left into Cobb Galleria, then an immediate left into the parking garage. Enter the 600 building and tell security you are there for AtlantaPHP on the 14th floor.

Map Link: https://goo.gl/maps/N2F52DZs9Cs (parking deck entrance, 600 building is due north of the deck)

When: Thursday, September 1st, 2016 — 7pm-9pm

Please RSVP at: http://www.meetup.com/atlantaphp/events/232924841/

Presentation by Alan Pinstein, CEO and Technical Co-Founder at Tourbuzz

In the previous episode, the gang at Tourbuzz had “creatively leveraged the power of the cloud” at Heroku to process uploads quickly at a reasonable cost. In Collect Underpants, the Sequel, we’ll see how Heroku performed at cloud scale in the real world and meet our new superhero, Lambda the AWS, to see if he can save the day.

About Alan: Alan is the CEO and Technical Co-Founder at Tourbuzz. Tourbuzz helps photographers and agents make online experiences for real estate better.

Alan's first computer programs were on the Sinclair 16k, Apple II, and TRS-80. He tries not to date himself, but he may or may not have gotten in trouble in 2nd grade for making the class TRS-80 shout obscenities at the teacher.

He has a strong technical and business background. His business background comes from an undergrad BSBA program and numerous startups over the last 15+ years. His technical background comes from years of hacking, a few CS classes, and 15+ years of development in C/C++/Obj-C and PHP across a wide variety of platforms and products.

Mini-talk: Anthony Green on "Web Application Firewalls"