Passing of member Jeff Jones

Chris Spruck

Jul 17, 2015, 3:39:33 PM7/17/15
to Atlanta PHP Meetup, Atlanta PHP
It is with great sadness that I inform you that one of our members, Jeff Jones, 27, has passed away unexpectedly. He had many friends throughout the greater PHP community and was beloved for his humor, spirit, and intense love of bacon. He will be sorely missed by many. His Facebook page is at https://www.facebook.com/tetraboy and there is a Google form at http://tinyurl.com/pdoopoq if you want to be added to a list of people who are kept informed about memorials and related.

Chris

Logan Gray

Jul 19, 2015, 10:55:50 AM7/19/15
to atlan...@googlegroups.com, php-336-...@meetup.com
This is quite sad.  I met Jeff only occasionally/briefly, and always thought he was a good guy.
Yet another reminder that life is precious... it's so short and should be respected & cherished while you got it.
-Logan

Chris Spruck

Jul 19, 2015, 1:56:08 PM7/19/15
to Atlanta PHP Meetup, Atlanta PHP
The obituary and information on services for Jeff Jones is at http://pondersfuneralhome.com/mr-jefferson-mccree-jeff-jones/.

A memorial fund has been started to cover expenses for Jeff's parents at http://www.gofundme.com/zny894m. Please donate what you can. Heartfelt thanks to our members who have already done so.

From the above link:
Service to celebrate the life of Mr. Jefferson McCree “Jeff” Jones will be held Monday, July 20, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. at Ponders Melrose Chapel with Reverend Byron Edens officiating. He will be laid to rest at United Memorial Gardens.

The family will receive friends at Ponders Melrose Chapel from 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. Sunday. Second visitation will be after 1:00 p.m. Monday until the service hour. In lieu of flowers the family requests donations be made toward his final expenses.
Ponders Melrose Chapel, Dalton, GA. (706)226-4002

Chris