free community events at php[tek]

Chris Spruck

May 21, 2018, 9:31:52 AM5/21/18
to Atlanta PHP, Atlanta PHP Meetup
Hi everyone!

I wanted to let you all know about two events happening at the php[tek] conference next week, which are free to the community. One is an all-day developer workshop from RingCentral about their communications platform, and the other is a PHP TestFest session with Sammy K. Powers, an authority and frequent speaker on the testing of the PHP source code (note: this is different than PHPUnit). This is a great way to contribute back to the core of PHP, and an added bonus for going to the TestFest is that you get to stay for the closing keynote. They also have posted the other evening social events for the conference, but you have to be a paid attendee for those. Details below.

Don't forget we have a 10% discount code you can use for the conference ticket, including the workshops and training day - TK8-UG-ATLPHP. I can't reiterate enough how great this conference is and it's right here in Atlanta, so if you're on the fence, just go! :) Feel free to email me directly if you have further questions or want to know more about the conference experience.

Chris

============
RingCentral details:

We have an exciting free workshop that is being offered to all our conference attendees who will be in town on Wednesday, May 30th

One of our sponsors, RingCentral, is hosting a free, full day of training & instruction, 9AM-4PM, on their platform.  This event will take place in Georgia 5 and has free registration. Note: Registration for this event does not include any meals for the day.

The RingCentral Developer Platform gives you the power to customize and revolutionize the way your business communicates with their numerous APIs, easy to use widgets, bots, and 300+ pre-built apps in their App Gallery – all included with their Premium and Ultimate packages.

Please join them for a day of hands-on learning to discover the myriad of developer tooling available to you and your company, what other companies have built, and how you can take the RingCentral platform to the next level for your company.

We invite you to see their full schedule and sign up for the summit.

TestFest details:

All Friday afternoon, June 1st, from 1:30pm – 5:00pm, we will be hosting a PHP TestFest! Have you ever wanted to help contribute back to PHP but didn’t know how?

TestFest seeks to create more PHP core contributors by introducing PHP programmers to the PHP language test suite, teaching them how to write phpt tests. PHP can always use more tests as we strive for 100% coverage. The phpt test suite used by PHP is simple to learn, and you can quickly start contributing tests back to the project!

Just show up with your laptop ready to learn and we will get you set up to contribute and get your first contributions written!

Also for participating in the TestFest, we'd like to welcome you to join us right after it for our closing keynote by Paul Fenwick!

https://tek.phparch.com/events/ - Of course we also have a large number of events planned for our conference attendees. Starting with our sponsor reception on Thursday evening, which leads into our PHP-irate Movie & Pizza Party that evening!  We will be watching Muppet Treasure Island and Pirates of the Caribbean. There will also be board and card games available as well. Then on Friday night we will host our official after party at Joystick Gamebar, just like last year, so that you can get your arcade game fix while winding down with some good beverages.