Sr. PHP Software Engineer Contractor in Atlanta (9-10 Months)

Tammy Kirk

Mar 2, 2017, 5:47:46 PM3/2/17
to AtlantaPHP Discussions and Job Postings
Hello Everyone! My name is Brad Durham and I am a recruiter supporting a client in the Atlanta- Perimeter area.

Thompson Technologies is working with the CTO we placed in a local Atlanta company to find a Sr. PHP Software Engineer (Backend) for a 9-10 month contract engagement. Our client is looking for a Sr. PHP Engineer that has the ability to architect and help with a major redesign effort.

Technology and methodology experience requirements:

REST, JSON, MVC and other design patterns/groupings of patterns, understanding of Microservices and SOA, OOP, Functional Programming, PHP, C, Modern Frameworks, UML, formal software architecture, set theory and first-order logic, algorithm and class design, SCRUM, SDLC, Linux, Subversion, Git, SQL, AWS, Continuous Integration, test-driven development, and unit testing.

Professional requirements:

  • BS or BA Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or related field
  • 5+ years of experience writing highly available, highly scalable software
  • 5+ experience writing unit tests and software quality metric reports
  • Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
  • Ability to write and understand formal algorithms and solve logic problems
  • Demonstrated experience delivering project components within time and budget
  • Excellent communication skills and experience working on a small team
  • Organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and thorough

This contract offers some great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and paid days off (up to 20 days a year).

For immediate consideration, please contact Brad at bdu...@thompsontechnologies.com

 Brad - Office:    770.794.8380 x 2045