God revealed something to you ...

Eris

<vithant@gmail.com>
Jan 14, 2012, 8:02:11 PM1/14/12
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com
That he is keeping secret from the rest of us?

Ludicrous!

ROTFLMAO

TheMac37

<mac3871@gmail.com>
Jan 14, 2012, 9:02:33 PM1/14/12
to Atheism vs Christianity
There is no secret. I bet you know everything He has said to man. The
Bible is it, no secret revelations.

Duke of Omnium

<duke.of.omnium@gmail.com>
Jan 14, 2012, 9:20:14 PM1/14/12
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Jan 14, 6:02 pm, TheMac37 <mac3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is no secret. I bet you know everything He has said to man. The
> Bible is it, no secret revelations.

If the bible is god's revelations, then Woody Allen is right: the best
you can say about god is that he's a tremendous underachiever.

TheMac37

<mac3871@gmail.com>
Jan 14, 2012, 10:25:00 PM1/14/12
to Atheism vs Christianity
How would you come to the conclusion that God is an underachiever
based on the Bible Duke?

etio

<etioquaesitor@gmail.com>
Jan 14, 2012, 10:55:02 PM1/14/12
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com
For a start: divine God fucked up human Mary to get a son.
Who fucks someone of a lower species? ... Yep. You guessed right: underachievers.

On Jan 14, 6:20 pm, Duke of Omnium <duke.of...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 14, 6:02 pm, TheMac37 <mac...@gmail.com> wrote:> There is no secret. I bet you know everything He has said to man. The

Duke of Omnium

<duke.of.omnium@gmail.com>
Jan 15, 2012, 2:05:48 AM1/15/12
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Jan 14, 7:25 pm, TheMac37 <mac3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How would you come to the conclusion that God is an underachiever
> based on the Bible Duke?

Look how awful a book it is. No clear, coherent message. Central
character a sociopathic mass murderer. Simply dreadful.

Ian

<igbetts09@btinternet.com>
Jan 15, 2012, 6:07:29 AM1/15/12
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com
Well if I may interject here God has not done much to improve things in my 77 years and he sure did very little before that.

This is what supposed to happen

Jan 15, 2012, 8:13:07 AM1/15/12
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Jan 14, 6:02 pm, TheMac37 <mac3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is no secret. I bet you know everything He has said to man. The
> Bible is it, no secret revelations.

Belief in "revelations" requires the existence of a reveler , in this
case
the god thing , peculiar to christian ideologues. No such has ever
been shown to exist .

Should you disagree then by all means then present your case in
accordance with , logic, reason, critical thought (an necessary
integral of both) and provide scientifically verifiable substantiating
data as to the existence of or any act of the god thing , peculiar to
christian mythology, in or on the universe. And of course provide
equal sub substantiation for the veracity of the myths and folk lore
of which the “bible” consists.

Psychonomist

Bonaventura

<christoph.overkott@googlemail.com>
Jan 15, 2012, 8:40:07 AM1/15/12
to Atheism vs Christianity
God reveals Himself in His creation in general and in man in
particular. He speaks to you without words through the sun, the moon,
the stars, the clouds, the birds, the fishes, the monkeys. He speaks
to you through father and mother. He speaks to you in your heart. ( Of
course, Priscilla is right in principle. )

Neil Kelsey

<neil.m.kelsey@gmail.com>
Jan 15, 2012, 11:14:05 AM1/15/12
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Jan 15, 5:40 am, Bonaventura <christoph.overk...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> God reveals Himself in His creation in general and in man in
> particular.

The men through whom God allegedly reveals himself universally have no
credibility. I don't believe any of them, and I *really* don't believe
you - you're worse than most at making a case for God.

> He speaks to you without words through the sun, the moon,
> the stars, the clouds, the birds, the fishes, the monkeys.

I don't have magical powers to hear someone speak without words, and
neither do you.

> He speaks to you through father and mother.

Wrong - my father and mother were/are both atheists.

> He speaks to you in your heart.

My heart is an internal organ that pumps blood, it has no ability to
hear sounds. Did you fail biology class as well as math?

> ( Of course, Priscilla is right in principle. )

Who the fuck is Priscilla? What are you babbling about?

Observer

<mayorskid@gmail.com>
Jan 15, 2012, 11:18:55 AM1/15/12
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Jan 15, 5:40 am, Bonaventura <christoph.overk...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
Observer
You are a fucking crackpot !

Bonaventura

<christoph.overkott@googlemail.com>
Jan 15, 2012, 11:20:41 AM1/15/12
to Atheism vs Christianity
On 15 Jan., 17:14, Neil Kelsey <neil.m.kel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 15, 5:40 am, Bonaventura <christoph.overk...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > God reveals Himself in His creation in general and in man in
> > particular.
>
> The men through whom God allegedly reveals himself universally have no
> credibility.

Why?

> I don't believe any of them, and I *really* don't believe
> you - you're worse than most at making a case for God.

What did your father teach you about God. Do you believe your father?

> > He speaks to you without words through the sun, the moon,
> > the stars, the clouds, the birds, the fishes, the monkeys.
>
> I don't have magical powers to hear someone speak without words, and
> neither do you.

You've never read a poem?

> > He speaks to you through father and mother.
>
> Wrong - my father and mother were/are both atheists.

That's the point, my friend. You believe your father as to be good.

> > He speaks to you in your heart.
>
> My heart is an internal organ that pumps blood, it has no ability to
> hear sounds. Did you fail biology class as well as math?

Are you just an animal? A monkey for example?

> > ( Of course, Priscilla is right in principle. )
>
> Who the fuck is Priscilla? What are you babbling about?

Do you read here now and then?

Neil Kelsey

<neil.m.kelsey@gmail.com>
Jan 15, 2012, 11:30:23 AM1/15/12
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Jan 15, 8:20 am, Bonaventura <christoph.overk...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> On 15 Jan., 17:14, Neil Kelsey <neil.m.kel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 15, 5:40 am, Bonaventura <christoph.overk...@googlemail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > > God reveals Himself in His creation in general and in man in
> > > particular.
>
> > The men through whom God allegedly reveals himself universally have no
> > credibility.
>
> Why?

They don't back up their religious claims with any valid evidence.

> > I don't believe any of them, and I *really* don't believe
> > you - you're worse than most at making a case for God.
>
> What did your father teach you about God.

Nothing.

> Do you believe your father?

I don't believe anyone who doesn't provide valid evidence to back up
their claims.

> > > He speaks to you without words through the sun, the moon,
> > > the stars, the clouds, the birds, the fishes, the monkeys.
>
> > I don't have magical powers to hear someone speak without words, and
> > neither do you.
>
> You've never read a poem?

Poetry consists of words. You were talking about speaking without
words. Try again.

> > > He speaks to you through father and mother.
>
> > Wrong - my father and mother were/are both atheists.
>
> That's the point, my friend. You believe your father as to be good.

Well, my friend, whether or not I believe my father as to be good
(sic) is irrelevant to whether or not God speaks through my father. He
doesn't. My father did not mention God even once while I was growing
up.

> > > He speaks to you in your heart.
>
> > My heart is an internal organ that pumps blood, it has no ability to
> > hear sounds. Did you fail biology class as well as math?
>
> Are you just an animal?

Yes. So are you, although I wouldn't use your phrase "just an animal."
I don't share your disdain for them/us.

> A monkey for example?

You really need to study some biology.

> > > ( Of course, Priscilla is right in principle. )
>
> > Who the fuck is Priscilla? What are you babbling about?
>
> Do you read here now and then?

Are you incapable of giving a straight answer to a straight question?

Ian

<igbetts09@btinternet.com>
Jan 15, 2012, 12:03:59 PM1/15/12
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com
Not in my case Bono, they all give me the utmost pleasure and in my turn I protect and nurture them ,that is how the universe goes on a ND blossoms. We need not dusty book or mythical idea to keep us in good shape.

Jan 15, 2012, 12:43:02 PM1/15/12
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com
Why is the mixed messages? Whom does that benefit.

dali_70

<w_e_coyote12@hotmail.com>
Jan 15, 2012, 7:40:09 PM1/15/12
to Atheism vs Christianity
LMFAO!

Observer

<mayorskid@gmail.com>
Jan 15, 2012, 9:47:04 PM1/15/12
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Jan 15, 5:40 am, Bonaventura <christoph.overk...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
Observer

All of what you list above is the product of one single eternal,
infinite, property baring physical substance (space) within which and
of which all interactive phenomena is extended .No need for a complex
intelligent creator god thing. No planing , no intent, simplicity
evolves into complexity.

[quote]

"When forced to summarize the general theory of relativity in one
sentence: Time and space and gravitation have no separate existence
from matter. ... Physical objects are not in space, but these objects
are spatially extended. In this way the concept 'empty space' loses
its meaning. ... The particle can only appear as a limited region in
space in which the field strength or the energy density are
particularly high. ...
The free, unhampered exchange of ideas and scientific conclusions is
necessary for the sound development of science, as it is in all
spheres of cultural life. ... We must not conceal from ourselves that
no improvement in the present depressing situation is possible without
a severe struggle; for the handful of those who are really determined
to do something is minute in comparison with the mass of the lukewarm
and the misguided. ...
Humanity is going to need a substantially new way of thinking if it is
to survive!" (Albert Einstein)
[end quote]

Psychonomist

Psychonomist

ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com

<ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com>
Jan 16, 2012, 1:20:36 AM1/16/12
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Jan 14, 9:02 pm, TheMac37 <mac3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is no secret. I bet you know everything He has said to man. The
> Bible is it, no secret revelations.

Which Bible? The Ethiopian Bible? KJ authorized version? NKJV? Some
other?