May 21, 2011: the Rapture, and your Pet

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Feb 5, 2011, 8:17:03 AM2/5/11
to Atheism vs Christianity
To those Christians who love their soulless pets but expect to be "raptured" on May 21, 2011, have I got a deal for you!

You can have your pet checked on and if you've been raptured, kind pet-loving atheists will pick up and care for that flufly little bundle of joy for you!

Don't wait until the last minute to sign up for this great offer.

http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/

Happy Judgment Day!!!!

--
Tweet: "#wikileaks #cablegate "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." --Edward R. Murrow"

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."  ~Noam Chomsky

"Take away the right to say "fuck" and you take away the right to say "fuck the government."  ~Lenny Bruce

Christina Holm

<christinaholm2705@googlemail.com>
Feb 5, 2011, 10:11:32 AM2/5/11
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com
QUOTE: "Happy Judgment Day!!!!"

HHahahahahahaha !!    I bet quite a lot of imbeciles will pay !!!!  :-))

thea

<thea.nob4@gmail.com>
Feb 5, 2011, 10:29:44 AM2/5/11
On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 7:17 AM, Trance Gemini <trance...@gmail.com> wrote:
To those Christians who love their soulless pets but expect to be "raptured" on May 21, 2011, have I got a deal for you!

You can have your pet checked on and if you've been raptured, kind pet-loving atheists will pick up and care for that flufly little bundle of joy for you!

Don't wait until the last minute to sign up for this great offer.

http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/

Happy Judgment Day!!!!

Thanks for adding the humor.

I anguish over the stupidity, because I also realize what a *mess* that has to be picked up after this kind of thing.
And, so many of the people involved will never really come to know who Jesus Is.
It is the biggest dilemma in Christiandom.  How do you teach *faith* without going into the devil's territory and becoming
a laughing stock.

Yes, I believe the Rapture will take place at the end of this *Day of Grace to the Gentiles*.

But, I also understand that the Bible says, *Kingdoms shall rise and fall until the end of time.*

So, if the Rapture doesn't take place, and *hard times* come, we are still to be awaiting the return of the Lord Jesus Christ,
but knowing that it may be the kingdoms falling - means that we should work to make our lives as good as they can be.

--
Tweet: "#wikileaks #cablegate "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." --Edward R. Murrow"

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."  ~Noam Chomsky

"Take away the right to say "fuck" and you take away the right to say "fuck the government."  ~Lenny Bruce

ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com

<ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com>
Feb 5, 2011, 11:07:38 AM2/5/11
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Feb 5, 10:29 am, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 7:17 AM, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > To those Christians who love their soulless pets but expect to be
> > "raptured" on May 21, 2011, have I got a deal for you!
>
> > You can have your pet checked on and if you've been raptured, kind
> > pet-loving atheists will pick up and care for that flufly little bundle of
> > joy for you!
>
> > Don't wait until the last minute to sign up for this great offer.
>
> >http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/
>
> > Happy Judgment Day!!!!
>
> Thanks for adding the humor.
>
> I anguish over the stupidity, because I also realize what a *mess* that has
> to be picked up after this kind of thing.
> And, so many of the people involved will never really come to know who Jesus
> Is.

The early original Christian churches, as well as the Catholic Church,
Eastern Orthodox churches, the Anglican Communion, and most Protestant
Calvinist denominations have no tradition of a preliminary return of
Christ and reject the doctrine, in part because there is no reference
to it among any of the early Church fathers nor any traditional
teaching and it's not biblical, in that it contradicts the chronology
given by Jesus Himself, creating a dilemma of either believing in a
rapture while calling Jesus (the one whom they believe to be God) a
liar, or accepting what Jesus told them in the exact chronological
sequences He specified, and because of their rejection of the 19th-
century concept of dispensationalism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapture

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Feb 5, 2011, 11:14:52 AM2/5/11
On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Christina Holm <christin...@googlemail.com> wrote:
QUOTE: "Happy Judgment Day!!!!"

HHahahahahahaha !!    I bet quite a lot of imbeciles will pay !!!!  :-))

Wouldn't surprise me either ;-D

LL

<llpens@aol.com>
Feb 5, 2011, 2:17:25 PM2/5/11
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Feb 5, 5:17 am, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To those Christians who love their soulless pets but expect to be "raptured"
> on May 21, 2011, have I got a deal for you!
>
> You can have your pet checked on and if you've been raptured, kind
> pet-loving atheists will pick up and care for that flufly little bundle of
> joy for you!
>
> Don't wait until the last minute to sign up for this great offer.

LL: Well, I think that's a wonderful offer. I would also be willing to
look after any raptured person's money, investments, jewelry, houses,
or cars, wouldn't you?

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Feb 5, 2011, 2:23:44 PM2/5/11
On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 10:29 AM, thea <thea...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 7:17 AM, Trance Gemini <trance...@gmail.com> wrote:
To those Christians who love their soulless pets but expect to be "raptured" on May 21, 2011, have I got a deal for you!

You can have your pet checked on and if you've been raptured, kind pet-loving atheists will pick up and care for that flufly little bundle of joy for you!

Don't wait until the last minute to sign up for this great offer.

http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/

Happy Judgment Day!!!!

Thanks for adding the humor.

You're welcome Thea :-D

I anguish over the stupidity, because I also realize what a *mess* that has to be picked up after this kind of thing.
And, so many of the people involved will never really come to know who Jesus Is.
It is the biggest dilemma in Christiandom.  How do you teach *faith* without going into the devil's territory and becoming
a laughing stock.

Yes, I believe the Rapture will take place at the end of this *Day of Grace to the Gentiles*.

Is that May 21, 2011?

But, I also understand that the Bible says, *Kingdoms shall rise and fall until the end of time.*

So, if the Rapture doesn't take place,

How would you know if it came or not unless you were "raptured"?

Maybe it already happened and you and the other Christians here just didn't get picked?

and *hard times* come, we are still to be awaiting the return of the Lord Jesus Christ,
but knowing that it may be the kingdoms falling

What does that mean? Has it happened? Are "kingdoms falling"?

- means that we should work to make our lives as good as they can be.

That's usually the best course no matter what one believes.

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Feb 5, 2011, 2:25:52 PM2/5/11
On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 2:17 PM, LL <llp...@aol.com> wrote:

On Feb 5, 5:17 am, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To those Christians who love their soulless pets but expect to be "raptured"
> on May 21, 2011, have I got a deal for you!
>
> You can have your pet checked on and if you've been raptured, kind
> pet-loving atheists will pick up and care for that flufly little bundle of
> joy for you!
>
> Don't wait until the last minute to sign up for this great offer.

LL: Well, I think that's a wonderful offer. I would also be willing to
look after any raptured person's money, investments, jewelry, houses,
or cars, wouldn't you?

Absolutely :-D as long as it was all signed over to me before the big day. Haha.

(Joking)

LL

<llpens@aol.com>
Feb 5, 2011, 3:04:06 PM2/5/11
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Feb 5, 11:25 am, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 2:17 PM, LL <llp...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 5, 5:17 am, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > To those Christians who love their soulless pets but expect to be
> > "raptured"
> > > on May 21, 2011, have I got a deal for you!
>
> > > You can have your pet checked on and if you've been raptured, kind
> > > pet-loving atheists will pick up and care for that flufly little bundle
> > of
> > > joy for you!
>
> > > Don't wait until the last minute to sign up for this great offer.
>
> > LL: Well, I think that's a wonderful offer. I would also be willing to
> > look after any raptured person's money, investments, jewelry, houses,
> > or cars, wouldn't you?
>
> Absolutely :-D as long as it was all signed over to me before the big day.
> Haha.

LL: They could give us power of attorney only to go into effect one
day after the rapture. That way they're covered.

ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com

<ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com>
Feb 5, 2011, 3:15:19 PM2/5/11
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Feb 5, 3:04 pm, LL <llp...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Feb 5, 11:25 am, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > "raptured"

When I was young, someone (a theist, obviously) chicks and/or chickens
raise their beaks in the direction of heaven when swallowing in order
to thank God for victuals. I wonder whether that theist thought
chickens would be rewarded for it. Would it seem fair for God to give
thankful chickens the same treatment as thankless atheists?

> > > LL: Well, I think that's a wonderful offer. I would also be willing to
> > > look after any raptured person's money, investments, jewelry, houses,
> > > or cars, wouldn't you?
>
> > Absolutely :-D as long as it was all signed over to me before the big day.
> > Haha.
>
> LL: They could give us power of attorney only to go into effect one
> day after the rapture. That way they're covered.

To be doubly covered, they could request God to rapture their pets
too:-) Hmm, would pet snakes and hamsters get along once in heaven,
like wild snakes and hamsters got along in Eden?

thea

<thea.nob4@gmail.com>
Feb 5, 2011, 4:06:04 PM2/5/11
On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Trance Gemini <trance...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

The end of this *Day of Grace to the Gentiles* can happen any time.  But I believe that when you set dates as
this guy did - somebody is going to be vastly disappointed.
God's return for His Church is something that will come as it is prophecy, and the prophecy of the Bible
has come true so far.
I believe that when you set a date - you make a big fool out of yourself and your belief in God Almighty.

But, I also understand that the Bible says, *Kingdoms shall rise and fall until the end of time.*

So, if the Rapture doesn't take place,

How would you know if it came or not unless you were "raptured"?

Maybe it already happened and you and the other Christians here just didn't get picked?

We have heard this many times.
When the rapture of the Church takes place the Anti-Christ will bring about a world government
and a world religion.
This has not happened yet, even though our suppose leaders are trying their best to make
it happen.
200 more years to go by the Israel Calender - so anytime between now and then.
The Holy Spirit,. our Comforter, which gives us the *down-payment* and *know-so*
salvation will be taken away from the earth, so that the earth will be totally in the
power of Satan - and the Tribulation period comes.

and *hard times* come, we are still to be awaiting the return of the Lord Jesus Christ,
but knowing that it may be the kingdoms falling

What does that mean? Has it happened? Are "kingdoms falling"?

Nations change dictators.  And, this is the changing of the nations.
Much land has gone from one countries domain to another.
This is what is being talked about - when it says there will be changes in our
governments until the end of times.

- means that we should work to make our lives as good as they can be.

That's usually the best course no matter what one believes.

Agreed.

--
Tweet: "#wikileaks #cablegate "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." --Edward R. Murrow"

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."  ~Noam Chomsky

"Take away the right to say "fuck" and you take away the right to say "fuck the government."  ~Lenny Bruce

thea

<thea.nob4@gmail.com>
Feb 5, 2011, 4:18:52 PM2/5/11
On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 10:07 AM, ranjit_...@yahoo.com <ranjit_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
On Feb 5, 10:29 am, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 7:17 AM, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > To those Christians who love their soulless pets but expect to be
> > "raptured" on May 21, 2011, have I got a deal for you!
>
> > You can have your pet checked on and if you've been raptured, kind
> > pet-loving atheists will pick up and care for that flufly little bundle of
> > joy for you!
>
> > Don't wait until the last minute to sign up for this great offer.
>
> >http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/
>
> > Happy Judgment Day!!!!
>
> Thanks for adding the humor.
>
> I anguish over the stupidity, because I also realize what a *mess* that has
> to be picked up after this kind of thing.
> And, so many of the people involved will never really come to know who Jesus
> Is.

The early original Christian churches, as well as the Catholic Church,
Eastern Orthodox churches, the Anglican Communion, and most Protestant
Calvinist denominations have no tradition of a preliminary return of
Christ and reject the doctrine,

I very well understand this.  However, I, in Biblical Theology, in college learned
that the Bible says -- and in I Thessalonians 4:17:  *Then we who are alive
and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the
Lord in the air; and so shall we ever be with the Lord.*
I choose to believe that the Bible says what it means.
This is the end of the Dispensation of the Grace of God to the Gentiles.
After we (who are Christians) are gone - then God will reveal Himself
again to the Jewish Nation and tribes - And it will be with the tribulation
on the earth - and then the reign of Jesus on earth from Jerusalem for
1,000 years.
Then we have the *outer darkness* arriving.

in part because there is no reference
to it among any of the early Church fathers nor any traditional
teaching and it's not biblical, in that it contradicts the chronology
given by Jesus Himself, creating a dilemma of either believing in a
rapture while calling Jesus (the one whom they believe to be God) a
liar, or accepting what Jesus told them in the exact chronological
sequences He specified, and because of their rejection of the 19th-
century concept of dispensationalism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapture

> It is the biggest dilemma in Christiandom.  How do you teach *faith* without
> going into the devil's territory and becoming a laughing stock.
>
> Yes, I believe the Rapture will take place at the end of this *Day of Grace
> to the Gentiles*.
>
> But, I also understand that the Bible says, *Kingdoms shall rise and fall
> until the end of time.*
>
> So, if the Rapture doesn't take place, and *hard times* come, we are still
> to be awaiting the return of the Lord Jesus Christ,
> but knowing that it may be the kingdoms falling - means that we should work
> to make our lives as good as they can be.

--

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Feb 5, 2011, 5:45:27 PM2/5/11
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 4:06 PM, thea <thea...@gmail.com> wrote:

<snipped>

Nations change dictators.  And, this is the changing of the nations.
Much land has gone from one countries domain to another.
This is what is being talked about - when it says there will be changes in our
governments until the end of times.

That's been going on during the entire history of the world's various civilizations. Lol.

Saying something like that is a little like prophesying that it will happen when the sky is blue.

ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com

<ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com>
Feb 5, 2011, 6:33:59 PM2/5/11
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Feb 5, 5:45 pm, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 4:06 PM, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <snipped>
>
> > Nations change dictators.  And, this is the changing of the nations.
> > Much land has gone from one countries domain to another.
> > This is what is being talked about - when it says there will be changes in
> > our governments until the end of times.
>
> That's been going on during the entire history of the world's various
> civilizations. Lol.

LOL indeed! The nations of the world have not been fighting battles at
Mount Megiddo, though. Mount Megiddo = Har Megiddo, whence Armageddon.

ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com

<ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com>
Feb 5, 2011, 6:36:21 PM2/5/11
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Feb 5, 4:06 pm, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 10:29 AM, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
The rapture of which Church? How many people are the Church? 1 person?
10 people? A million people? A billion people? Are all of them
Christians?
> > atheism-vs-christ...@googlegroups.com<atheism-vs-christianit­y%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Feb 5, 2011, 6:40:25 PM2/5/11
On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 6:33 PM, ranjit_...@yahoo.com <ranjit_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

On Feb 5, 5:45 pm, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 4:06 PM, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <snipped>
>
> > Nations change dictators.  And, this is the changing of the nations.
> > Much land has gone from one countries domain to another.
> > This is what is being talked about - when it says there will be changes in
> > our governments until the end of times.
>
> That's been going on during the entire history of the world's various
> civilizations. Lol.

LOL indeed! The nations of the world have not been fighting battles at
Mount Megiddo, though. Mount Megiddo = Har Megiddo, whence Armageddon.

Um okay. Ranjit. You're going to explain this one to me.

I found this link but your point escapes me since this is in Israel and there's been rather a lot of fighting there. Lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tel_Megiddo

thea

<thea.nob4@gmail.com>
Feb 5, 2011, 6:52:43 PM2/5/11
On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Trance Gemini <trance...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 4:06 PM, thea <thea...@gmail.com> wrote:

<snipped>

Nations change dictators.  And, this is the changing of the nations.
Much land has gone from one countries domain to another.
This is what is being talked about - when it says there will be changes in our
governments until the end of times.

That's been going on during the entire history of the world's various civilizations. Lol.

Saying something like that is a little like prophesying that it will happen when the sky is blue.

I was directly quoting the Bible.  LOL

--
Tweet: "#wikileaks #cablegate "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." --Edward R. Murrow"

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."  ~Noam Chomsky

"Take away the right to say "fuck" and you take away the right to say "fuck the government."  ~Lenny Bruce

thea

<thea.nob4@gmail.com>
Feb 5, 2011, 6:54:33 PM2/5/11
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com

The church, as in all people who believe that God the Father of the Lord Jesus
Christ, raised Jesus from the dead for their salvation.
It transcends every denomination as their will be a few from each most likely.

Steve in Virginia

<chandler2368@hotmail.com>
Feb 5, 2011, 7:43:50 PM2/5/11
to Atheism vs Christianity
Damn...why didn't I think of this?!!

Steve

ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com

<ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com>
Feb 5, 2011, 8:05:09 PM2/5/11
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Feb 5, 6:40 pm, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 6:33 PM, ranjit_math...@yahoo.com <
>

> ranjit_math...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 5, 5:45 pm, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 4:06 PM, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > <snipped>

> > in
>
> > > That's been going on during the entire history of the world's various
> > > civilizations. Lol.
>
> > LOL indeed! The nations of the world have not been fighting battles at
> > Mount Megiddo, though. Mount Megiddo = Har Megiddo, whence Armageddon.
>
> Um okay. Ranjit. You're going to explain this one to me.

Montreal has two meanings a common meaning "royal mount" and a proper
name, the name of a city. Likewise, Har Megiddon had two meanings - a
mount named Megiddo and a city called Har Megiddon (in Greek). The
apocalypse of John, meaning the revelations of John, simply called
Revelations by Bible believers since it was the only one of the
apocalypses that got included in the Bible, reveals/ claims that the
final battle will be at Har Megiddon and forces of good will prevail.
Now, whether Revelations makes any sense if the city of Har Megiddon
is not a question broached by Christians; as far as Christian
discourse goes, a mount named Megiddo still exists and even with no
city of Har Megiddon, forces can still travel there and fight, in
fulfillment of prophecy in Revelations although Christian Zionists
seem to think this turn of events need a helping hand in the form of
the existence of the state of Israel. I was just pointing out the end
times are not imminent since Megiddo hasn't yet been a hot spot. A
city that's not just ruined but also buried would seem an unlikely
venue for fighting and a mount that doesn't defend a city seems like
an unlikely venue to be defended by a Montcalm or attacked by a Wolfe,
so if fighting does break out at Megiddo, that in itself would be
something of a miracle.

ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com

<ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com>
Feb 5, 2011, 8:10:45 PM2/5/11
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Feb 5, 6:54 pm, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 5:36 PM, ranjit_math...@yahoo.com <ranjit_math...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > The rapture of which Church? How many people are the Church? 1 person?
> > 10 people? A million people? A billion people? Are all of them
> > Christians?
>
> The church, as in all people who believe that God the Father of the Lord
> Jesus Christ, raised Jesus from the dead for their salvation.
> It transcends every denomination as their will be a few from each most
> likely.

If you are one of those few, you'll have the pleasure of Mormons' and
Jehovah's Witnesses' company since they too believe that God the

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Feb 6, 2011, 9:01:34 AM2/6/11
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com

LOL! Thanks.

I've learned something new today and will have to remember this one. Very good point!

Art Grey

<artgreydanus@hotmail.com>
Feb 6, 2011, 11:25:32 AM2/6/11
to Atheism vs Christianity
Hi Thea,

You have a good attitude but this
rapture at any time nonsense has
put many Christians into La-la land.

First of all Matt.24:29-31 and
Mark 13:24-26 along with Revelation19
clearly say that "after the tribulation"
or "after this" shall the rapture occur
and then Christ shall return and then
gather his saints. This is confirmed
by I Thess.4:15-17, which says the rapture
shall not occur until "after" the resurrection
of the dead, so please stop all this
rapture at anytime nonsense because
non of this has happened yet and
may take another thousand years even.

Also realize that when Paul says, "

"this is the word of the Lord", we take it
as Jesus speaking, but when he simply
says "I declare" as in his attitude toward
women's ministry, that is something
optional.

On Feb 5, 1:06 pm, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 10:29 AM, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:

So please knock off this rapture at any time scenario because
many other things must happen first along with 2 Thessalonians
2:3,"That day shall not come unless there is a great falling away
and that man of Sin (perdition) is revealed standing in the Holy
Place." Therefore the temple of Jerusalem must be rebuilt before
that can happen. Okay? Please get it straight!

This did not happen with the Roman destruction of the
temple so it is yet in the future.
> > atheism-vs-christ...@googlegroups.com<atheism-vs-christianity%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .

thea

<thea.nob4@gmail.com>
Feb 6, 2011, 11:33:07 AM2/6/11
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com

My question is?  Have you found our how the *power* of the Holy Spirit works in your
life in the here and now.
God being the God of the Universe - there is *power* for living and changing your
circumstances - have you discovered how it is *done*?

ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com

<ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com>
Feb 6, 2011, 11:49:30 AM2/6/11
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Feb 6, 11:33 am, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 7:10 PM, ranjit_math...@yahoo.com <
>

> ranjit_math...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Feb 5, 6:54 pm, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > The church, as in all people who believe that God the Father of the Lord
> > > Jesus Christ, raised Jesus from the dead for their salvation.
> > > It transcends every denomination as their will be a few from each most
> > > likely.
>
> > If you are one of those few, you'll have the pleasure of Mormons' and
> > Jehovah's Witnesses' company since they too believe that God the
> > Father of the Lord Jesus Christ, raised Jesus from the dead for their
> > salvation.
>
> My question is?

Do you agree that you'll have the company of Mormons and Jehovah's
Witnesses if you're raptured?

> Have you found our how the *power* of the Holy Spirit works
> in your life in the here and now.

Have you found how the power of your fairy godmother works in your
life?

> God being the God of the Universe - there is *power*

... including the power to respond to greetings and questions?

> for living and changing
> your circumstances - have you discovered how it is *done*?

In case you haven't discovered it, living and changing your
circumstances is done by taking care of yourself and persevering.

thea

<thea.nob4@gmail.com>
Feb 6, 2011, 11:52:50 AM2/6/11
On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Art Grey <artgre...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi Thea,

You have a good attitude but this
rapture at any time nonsense has
put many Christians into La-la land.

First of all Matt.24:29-31 and
Mark 13:24-26 along with Revelation19
clearly say that "after the tribulation"
or "after this" shall the rapture occur
and then Christ shall return and then
gather his saints. This is confirmed
by I Thess.4:15-17,  which says the rapture
shall not occur until "after" the resurrection
of the dead, so please stop all this
rapture at anytime nonsense because
non of this has happened yet and
may take another thousand years even.

Two hundred years, maybe -- but it will happen at God's appointed time.
And, all you have to do to be ready for the Rapture is to believe
*God raised Jesus from the dead*.
Wow!  what a way to go.

Also realize that when Paul says, "

"this is the word of the Lord", we take it
as Jesus speaking, but when he simply
says "I declare" as in his attitude toward
women's ministry, that is something
optional.

Oh yes, and we have to get a great big *dig* in for women who speak
up.
I would keep my mouth shut - if I saw someone talking with some sense
about them.
The only one I have seen on TV comes in from another country and
his name is Joseph Prince -- he has salvation right - but doesn't
seem to understand how the *power works*.
He's the best I have seen on the *Grace of God* toward mankind however.

On Feb 5, 1:06 pm, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 10:29 AM, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:

So please knock off this rapture at any time scenario because
many other things must happen first along with 2 Thessalonians
2:3,"That day shall not come unless there is a great falling away
and that man of Sin (perdition) is revealed standing in the Holy
Place." Therefore the temple of Jerusalem must be rebuilt before
that can happen. Okay? Please get it straight!

This did not happen with the Roman destruction of the
temple so it is yet in the future.

This is true - it is indeed in the future.  That is why we should live our lives as if it will happen today -
but remembering that it is when God demands and removes His Presence (the Holy Spirit) from the
earth.
I sure do not want to be left behind.

The items for the temple have been gotten together.  Israel has been ready to rebuild the Temple
in Jerusalem for some time.  However, what is holding all of this up is the red heifer, which is needed
for the purification of the priests.
And the laver which held the ashes of the red heifer, has not yet been found.
I have my idea as to where it is to be found, along with the Ark of the Covenant.  However, it
is speculation entire on my part, as only God knows the time.

That the Jews are in Israel - the nation has yet as a nation, come to the place of needing their
Messiah - to the place where the whole nation is of one accord in wanting their Messiah.
And, so time will continue.

However, I do believe thoroughly that the battle of Armageddon will be fought over *water*
and not over *oil*.
There was a pastor years ago in Russia who stated this, and it was one of those
lightning flash moments.

I don't know, who or why so many want Armageddon to happen right now - or who
or what is trying to make the end of the Bible happen.
I do know that my grandfather stated to me in the 1950's, that all of his life (born 1800's)
everyone what also thinking that the end of the world would be tomorrow.  He was
a circuit riding minister back when Oklahoma was still a Territory.  And,
he told me just to watch, but not be concerned, because the two half-brothers
had always fought over everything, and this is what the middle east was -
two half-brothers fighting for position.

In watching the news lately I have been amazed because Isaiah 19:24 says:
*In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing
in the midst of the land.*
In other words, in God's world, Assyria and Egypt and Israel are the three in
one during God's kingdom on earth.
Interesting?

thea

<thea.nob4@gmail.com>
Feb 6, 2011, 11:58:42 AM2/6/11
On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 10:49 AM, ranjit_...@yahoo.com <ranjit_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

On Feb 6, 11:33 am, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 7:10 PM, ranjit_math...@yahoo.com <
>

> ranjit_math...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Feb 5, 6:54 pm, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > The church, as in all people who believe that God the Father of the Lord
> > > Jesus Christ, raised Jesus from the dead for their salvation.
> > > It transcends every denomination as their will be a few from each most
> > > likely.
>
> > If you are one of those few, you'll have the pleasure of Mormons' and
> > Jehovah's Witnesses' company since they too believe that God the
> > Father of the Lord Jesus Christ, raised Jesus from the dead for their
> > salvation.
>
> My question is?

Do you agree that you'll have the company of Mormons and Jehovah's
Witnesses if you're raptured?

Anyone who has accepted the fact that *God raised Jesus from the dead*
will go to heaven.
There will be a few out of all denominations who have found the truth and
believed the truth.
*I believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth.
And, in His Son, Jesus Christ, our Lord, who was conceived etc. etc.*
The Apostle's Creed.
This is the bottom line of our Christian faith.
It is too back that it is not taught like it used to be taught - so that
we would know that it is not -- who we are, what we are, where we have
been, or where we think we are going -- our salvation is all
wrapped up in Who Jesus Says He Is. -- God's Son.

> Have you found our how the *power* of the Holy Spirit works
> in your life in the here and now.

Have you found how the power of your fairy godmother works in your
life?

Yep - and it is marvelous to watch the miracles, as God leads, guides
and directs our lives - for His Purpose.

> God being the God of the Universe - there is *power*

... including the power to respond to greetings and questions?

> for living and changing
> your circumstances - have you discovered how it is *done*?

In case you haven't discovered it, living and changing your
circumstances is done by taking care of yourself and persevering.

Ah - yeah that is like the old saying that says *if it gets done - ya
gotta do it for yourself.*
There is only one thing wrong with that saying - it has you *working*
to get to heaven -- when all you can do is *rest* on the *finished*
work of Jesus Christ on Calvary.
That *blood covering* (Ephesians 1) keeps looking better and better
as I know I can never be *good enough* for the righteousness of
God Almighty.  Only as I accept Jesus dying in my place can
I know that I can be *accepted in the beloved.*

LL

<llpens@aol.com>
Feb 6, 2011, 3:15:01 PM2/6/11
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Feb 6, 8:25 am, Art Grey <artgreyda...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Thea,
>
> You have a good attitude but this
> rapture at any time nonsense has
> put many Christians into La-la land.

LL: No, they've put themselves into La-la land ever since they began
to believe that the Christian myth is fact.

LL

<llpens@aol.com>
Feb 6, 2011, 3:16:50 PM2/6/11
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Feb 6, 8:33 am, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 7:10 PM, ranjit_math...@yahoo.com <
>

> ranjit_math...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Feb 5, 6:54 pm, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > The church, as in all people who believe that God the Father of the Lord
> > > Jesus Christ, raised Jesus from the dead for their salvation.
> > > It transcends every denomination as their will be a few from each most
> > > likely.
>
> > If you are one of those few, you'll have the pleasure of Mormons' and
> > Jehovah's Witnesses' company since they too believe that God the
> > Father of the Lord Jesus Christ, raised Jesus from the dead for their
> > salvation.
>
> My question is?  Have you found our how the *power* of the Holy Spirit works
> in your
> life in the here and now.
> God being the God of the Universe - there is *power* for living and changing
> your
> circumstances - have you discovered how it is *done*?

LL: I have a Muslim acquaintance who can tell you how it's "done"--and
it has nothing to do with the "holy spirit" or the Christian god. And
he is absolutely sure he is right, just like you.

LL

<llpens@aol.com>
Feb 6, 2011, 3:19:52 PM2/6/11
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Feb 6, 8:52 am, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
LL: I can tell you why. Because it feeds the myth they've accepted.

ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com

<ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com>
Feb 7, 2011, 3:10:56 AM2/7/11
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Feb 6, 11:58 am, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 10:49 AM, ranjit_math...@yahoo.com <ranjit_math...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Anyone who has accepted the fact that *God raised Jesus from the dead*
> will go to heaven.

What will happen to the good Samaritan and the good Jew? (The good Jew
would be a Jew who listened to Jesus tell the parable and decided to
follow Jesus' advice to be like the good Samaritan) Will the good
Samaritan and good Jew go to hell?

> There will be a few out of all denominations who have found the truth and
> believed the truth.

If it is the truth, surely Satan has accepted that God raised Jesus.

thea

<thea.nob4@gmail.com>
Feb 7, 2011, 10:47:21 AM2/7/11
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com

Satan knows that *God raised His Son from the dead*, and will do everything he can to keep you
from believing it really happened because Satan knows his *end*.
Satan thinks that the more of humanity that he can keep from believing, that God won't
destroy HIM.

thea

<thea.nob4@gmail.com>
Feb 7, 2011, 10:48:26 AM2/7/11
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com

You are correct - and it is also a way to control everyone.

thea

<thea.nob4@gmail.com>
Feb 7, 2011, 10:49:20 AM2/7/11
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com

Satan always comes up with a substitute that sounds good to *itching ears*.
And the end therefore is death - not life!

thea

<thea.nob4@gmail.com>
Feb 7, 2011, 10:50:58 AM2/7/11
On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 2:15 PM, LL <llp...@aol.com> wrote:

On Feb 6, 8:25 am, Art Grey <artgreyda...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Thea,
>
> You have a good attitude but this
> rapture at any time nonsense has
> put many Christians into La-la land.

LL: No, they've put themselves into La-la land ever since they began
to believe that the Christian myth is fact.

Jesus will appear one day and put HIS feet on the Mount of Olives.
He is coming again.
It is which coming as there are two mentioned in the Bible.
I will be at the first coming which is the Rapture - because the
second coming will be after the Tribulation, and I don't plan
on being around to view all of that.

Answer_42

<ipu.believer@gmail.com>
Feb 8, 2011, 8:34:56 AM2/8/11
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Feb 5, 11:14 am, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Christina Holm <
>
> christinaholm2...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > QUOTE: "Happy Judgment Day!!!!"
>
> > HHahahahahahaha !!    I bet quite a lot of imbeciles will pay !!!!  :-))
>
> Wouldn't surprise me either ;-D

I like the other deal better... more lucrative...

Get a Christian to sign an agreement that states that from today
until rapture day (date to be determined by the Christian, e.g. May
21, 2011) you, the angry earth-bound atheist, will pay his mortgage
until rapture day, but on rapture day the house will be yours... the
Christian won't need it anymore...

Strangely enough, when it comes time to put their cash where their
mouth is, few are wiling to sign such an agreement... wonder why....?
_______________________________________
They put the Negroes in the schools, and now they've driven God out.
-- George Andrews

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Feb 8, 2011, 9:31:29 AM2/8/11
On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 8:34 AM, Answer_42 <ipu.be...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Feb 5, 11:14 am, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Christina Holm <
>
> christinaholm2...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > QUOTE: "Happy Judgment Day!!!!"
>
> > HHahahahahahaha !!    I bet quite a lot of imbeciles will pay !!!!  :-))
>
> Wouldn't surprise me either ;-D

I like the other deal better... more lucrative...

Get a Christian to sign an agreement that states that  from today
until rapture day (date to be determined by the Christian, e.g. May
21, 2011) you, the angry earth-bound atheist, will pay his mortgage
until rapture day, but on rapture day the house will be yours... the
Christian won't need it anymore...

Haha. Good one :-D

Strangely enough, when it comes time to put their cash where their
mouth is, few are wiling to sign such an agreement... wonder why....?

Yes. It's interesting isn't it.

TLC

<tlc.terence@gmail.com>
Feb 8, 2011, 9:44:05 AM2/8/11
to Atheism vs Christianity
thea,

" Jesus will appear one day and put HIS feet on the Mount of Olives. "

Well, he better get a passport and some new clothes or the Israeli's
might lock him up, or shoot him.
> >http://groups.google.com/group/atheism-vs-christianity?hl=en.- Hide quoted text -

ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com

<ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com>
Feb 8, 2011, 9:53:43 AM2/8/11
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Feb 7, 10:49 am, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 2:16 PM, LL <llp...@aol.com> wrote:

> > LL: I have a Muslim acquaintance who can tell you how it's "done"--and
> > it has nothing to do with the "holy spirit" or the Christian god. And
> > he is absolutely sure he is right, just like you.
>
> Satan always comes up with a substitute that sounds good to *itching ears*.
> And the end therefore is death - not life!

Could Satan have come up with St. Paul's epistles, that sound good to
your ears?

thea

<thea.nob4@gmail.com>
Feb 8, 2011, 12:15:21 PM2/8/11
On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 7:34 AM, Answer_42 <ipu.be...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Feb 5, 11:14 am, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Christina Holm <
>
> christinaholm2...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > QUOTE: "Happy Judgment Day!!!!"
>
> > HHahahahahahaha !!    I bet quite a lot of imbeciles will pay !!!!  :-))
>
> Wouldn't surprise me either ;-D

I like the other deal better... more lucrative...

Get a Christian to sign an agreement that states that  from today
until rapture day (date to be determined by the Christian, e.g. May
21, 2011) you, the angry earth-bound atheist, will pay his mortgage
until rapture day, but on rapture day the house will be yours... the
Christian won't need it anymore...

Strangely enough, when it comes time to put their cash where their
mouth is, few are wiling to sign such an agreement... wonder why....?

Maybe it's because we have seen this happen in true life.  Back in the
70's and early 80's there were some who sold everything and went up
on a mountain to await the coming of the Lord..
When he didn't come - they had lost everything they had.
It was a tough lesson for them to learn for sure, but the rest of
us knew for certain that we would never listen to a pastor who
was so out-of-it.

_______________________________________
They put the Negroes in the schools, and now they've driven God out.
-- George Andrews

Chris

<chrism3667@yahoo.com>
Feb 12, 2011, 2:04:48 PM2/12/11
to Atheism vs Christianity
Despite all my efforts to inject some sound biblical teaching into
this group, Kitters is still fixated on the Apocalypse. So Sad.

Anyway, I think Kitters needs to get some insurance for her 1 kitty.
Because she is heretofore on my Rupture list. Rupture Ready in fact!

On Feb 5, 8:17 am, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To those Christians who love their soulless pets but expect to be "raptured"
> on May 21, 2011, have I got a deal for you!
>
> You can have your pet checked on and if you've been raptured, kind
> pet-loving atheists will pick up and care for that flufly little bundle of
> joy for you!
>
> Don't wait until the last minute to sign up for this great offer.
>
> http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/
>
> Happy Judgment Day!!!!

Chris

<chrism3667@yahoo.com>
Feb 12, 2011, 2:05:37 PM2/12/11
to Atheism vs Christianity

incidentally, where does the bible say animals don't have a soul???

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Feb 12, 2011, 3:24:51 PM2/12/11
On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 2:04 PM, Chris <chris...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Despite all my efforts to inject some sound biblical teaching into
this group, Kitters is still fixated on the Apocalypse. So Sad.

Hey I'm not the one making the prophecy or saying the pets have no souls. You have to argue that out with your fellow Christians.

I'm just kindly offering assistance to those who believe and have pets they love.

Anyway, I think Kitters needs to get some insurance for her 1 kitty.

That's cruel. Kitty Cat died last month. :-(

(I know you didn't know and weren't being deliberately cruel though).

Because she is heretofore on my Rupture list. Rupture Ready in fact!

Okay. Lol. What a "Rupture list".

I really wish Christians would learn to speak english! :-D

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Feb 12, 2011, 3:25:27 PM2/12/11
On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Chris <chris...@yahoo.com> wrote:

incidentally, where does the bible say animals don't have a soul???

I dunno. Ask the Christians who say that!!!!

Chris

<chrism3667@yahoo.com>
Feb 12, 2011, 4:21:25 PM2/12/11
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Feb 12, 3:24 pm, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 2:04 PM, Chris <chrism3...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Despite all my efforts to inject some sound biblical teaching into
> > this group, Kitters is still fixated on the Apocalypse. So Sad.
>
> Hey I'm not the one making the prophecy or saying the pets have no souls.
> You have to argue that out with your fellow Christians.

O man no way! They'll likely burn me at the steak!!

> I'm just kindly offering assistance to those who believe and have pets they
> love.

Yeah and what's your cut? Your making a racket is what you're doing!

> > Anyway, I think Kitters needs to get some insurance for her 1 kitty.
>
> That's cruel. Kitty Cat died last month. :-(

Aww why? I have a black kitty at mom's house (that has to be adopted
out). Pure jet black. Gorgeous. You can have her. I'm serious. There
are ways of getting cats long distances. I don't see a lot of that on
the net these days, economy probably. But it is possible.

Chris

<chrism3667@yahoo.com>
Feb 12, 2011, 4:22:28 PM2/12/11
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Feb 12, 3:25 pm, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Chris <chrism3...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > incidentally, where does the bible say animals don't have a soul???
>
> I dunno. Ask the Christians who say that!!!!

Honestly I don't think they got it from the bible. The bible states
they're self aware (indirectly). Sounds like something soullish to me.

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Feb 12, 2011, 4:50:49 PM2/12/11
On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Chris <chris...@yahoo.com> wrote:

On Feb 12, 3:24 pm, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 2:04 PM, Chris <chrism3...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Despite all my efforts to inject some sound biblical teaching into
> > this group, Kitters is still fixated on the Apocalypse. So Sad.
>
> Hey I'm not the one making the prophecy or saying the pets have no souls.
> You have to argue that out with your fellow Christians.

 O man no way! They'll likely burn me at the steak!!

> I'm just kindly offering assistance to those who believe and have pets they
> love.

 Yeah and what's your cut? Your making a racket is what you're doing!

> > Anyway, I think Kitters needs to get some insurance for her 1 kitty.
>
> That's cruel. Kitty Cat died last month. :-(

 Aww why?

He had Squamous Cell Cancer in his upper jaw. I had to put him to sleep.

I have a black kitty at mom's house (that has to be adopted
out).  Pure jet black. Gorgeous. You can have her. I'm serious. There
are ways of getting cats long distances. I don't see a lot of that on
the net these days, economy probably. But it is possible.

That so sweet. I'm not ready yet though. I was very attached to Kitty Cat and think I'm going to have to wait a little while before I'm ready to have another one.

Thanks though! It really was nice of you to offer.

Chris

<chrism3667@yahoo.com>
Feb 13, 2011, 3:01:54 PM2/13/11
to Atheism vs Christianity
I'd show you a picture of Lulu and you'd fall in love I bet.

I'm rescinding the offer though. For no other reason then that you
live in the GWN, and there's loads of cats that needs good homes (and
are cold as hell). Even one from a shelter means there's space for
another homeless cat for a little while.

I'm very sorry though. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. You can't
let that stop you from owning others though (when you're ready).
Owning them is more about tending to their needs then ours, although
there's obvious benefits.

On Feb 12, 4:50 pm, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Feb 13, 2011, 3:56:46 PM2/13/11
On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Chris <chris...@yahoo.com> wrote:
I'd show you a picture of Lulu and you'd fall in love I bet.

No doubt. Lol.

I'm rescinding the offer though. For no other reason then that you
live in the GWN, and there's loads of cats that needs good homes (and
are cold as hell). Even one from a shelter means there's space for
another homeless cat for a little while.

Very true and they've started to euthanize them now when they can't find homes for them and the shelters get overcrowded. Sad.

I'm very sorry though. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. You can't
let that stop you from owning others though (when you're ready).
Owning them is more about tending to their needs then ours, although
there's obvious benefits.

When I'm ready I'm sure the right cat will find me when I walk in to the shelter just like Kitty Cat did.

Chris

<chrism3667@yahoo.com>
Feb 13, 2011, 4:53:32 PM2/13/11
to Atheism vs Christianity
funny story. Kipper, a big fat loverly orange tabby, disappeared one
day.

2 weeks later I stopped by the house, and asked did they check a
particular shelter (I was told all of them were checked). I was told
no, so we went over there. No Kipper, but we checked out the adoptable
room. I picked up this one Russian blue girl who was in her cage for
4-5 months. I picker her up like a baby, and mom walked in, and we
were told she was "ready to go", if you know what I mean. I couldn't
believe she told me to take her w/us.

Anyway, we get home and I'm playing w/her. I hear "O MY GOD! O MY
GOD!" from the front door. Guess who decides to stroll in! Two full
weeks later, the day before Halloween. I keep thinking he was in a
cage somewhere waiting to be ritually sacrificed (that stuff DOES
happen all the time in this part of the country). Famished, nearly out
of his mind, noticeably thinner.

As for Jillian, she's a total wack-job. After 2 days she acted like
she owned the place. She has this hilarious way of throwing her head
back when she trots away from a situation she doesn't take a liking
to.

On Feb 13, 3:56 pm, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Feb 13, 2011, 5:04:15 PM2/13/11
On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Chris <chris...@yahoo.com> wrote:
funny story. Kipper, a big fat loverly orange tabby, disappeared one
day.

Too funny. I thought you were talking about the AvC member Kippers at first. Haha.

2 weeks later I stopped by the house, and asked did they check a
particular shelter (I was told all of them were checked). I was told
no, so we went over there. No Kipper, but we checked out the adoptable
room. I picked up this one Russian blue girl who was in her cage for
4-5 months. I picker her up like a baby, and mom walked in, and we
were told she was "ready to go", if you know what I mean. I couldn't
believe she told me to take her w/us.

 Anyway, we get home and I'm playing w/her. I hear "O MY GOD! O MY
GOD!" from the front door. Guess who decides to stroll in! Two full
weeks later, the day before Halloween. I keep thinking he was in a
cage somewhere waiting to be ritually sacrificed (that stuff DOES
happen all the time in this part of the country). Famished, nearly out
of his mind, noticeably thinner.

Aw poor thing. At least he managed to get himself back home.

 As for Jillian, she's a total wack-job. After 2 days she acted like
she owned the place. She has this hilarious way of throwing her head
back when she trots away from a situation she doesn't take a liking
to.

Hilarious. They're gorgeous cats.

thea

<thea.nob4@gmail.com>
Mar 4, 2011, 5:07:34 PM3/4/11

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 5:36 PM, ranjit_...@yahoo.com <ranjit_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

On Feb 5, 4:06 pm, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com>wrote:

The rapture of which Church? How many people are the Church? 1 person?
10 people? A million people? A billion people? Are all of them
Christians?

The Rapture will be of all who believe that *God raised His Son Jesus from the Dead.*
In other words, it will be the people who have the *down-payment* of their
inheritance as in Ephesians 1.
*The dead will rise first, then we which are alive and well will meet Jesus in the Air,
and so we shall forever be with the Lord Jesus Christ.* Thessalonian
This is what Christians have always termed the *blessed hope*.
We who are Christians look forward to being with the God and Father of the
Lord Jesus Christ.
And, you asked how many.
We don't know, don't have a clue.
We know that we will be taking Satan and the angels who left their first estate
to join Satan, place in heaven.  How many angels went with Satan we don't know,
we have not been told.
We do know that when the last human being accepts Jesus as their Saviour and
crawls underneath the Blood of the Cross of Calvary, that Jesus will blow the
trump and we shall be glory bound.
Only the people who believe that God IS and that HE raised His Only Begotten
Son, Jesus from the dead will be caught up.

However, there are other prophecies which apply to Israel, Egypt and Assyria.
These three countries and peoples are to be blessed together.
And Israel we understand.
Why Egypt, because Abraham's son, Ishmael was 1/2 Egyptian, and protected
Jesus when he was a Baby.
Why Assyria, we have a question on this one because we do not understand
who this Assyria is?

How many are in the Rapture - the Bible doesn't say.

> > --
> > Tweet: "#wikileaks #cablegate "We cannot defend freedom abroad by
> > deserting it at home." --Edward R. Murrow"
>
> > "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we
> > don't believe in it at all."  ~Noam Chomsky
>
> > "Take away the right to say "fuck" and you take away the right to say "fuck
> > the government."  ~Lenny Bruce
>
> >  --

thea

<thea.nob4@gmail.com>
Mar 4, 2011, 5:11:47 PM3/4/11

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 7:10 PM, ranjit_...@yahoo.com <ranjit_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
On Feb 5, 6:54 pm, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 5:36 PM, ranjit_math...@yahoo.com <ranjit_math...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > The rapture of which Church? How many people are the Church? 1 person?
> > 10 people? A million people? A billion people? Are all of them
> > Christians?
>
> The church, as in all people who believe that God the Father of the Lord
> Jesus Christ, raised Jesus from the dead for their salvation.
> It transcends every denomination as their will be a few from each most
> likely.

If you are one of those few, you'll have the pleasure of Mormons' and
Jehovah's Witnesses' company since they too believe that God the
Father of the Lord Jesus Christ, raised Jesus from the dead for their
salvation.

When the bible speaks of the church, in the context of the Rapture, it is in
the understand that all people in all (denominations) have the chance.
There is an old story that says there will have to be walls in heaven
because this denomination or that denomination believe that only they
are going to get there.
Actually, if you believe in God the Father of Abraham, Isaac and Israel
who sent His Son, Jesus to earth and that God raised His Son from the
dead, you will be raptured.
A church here on earth, is not the universal church which is talked about
in the Bible.

thea

<thea.nob4@gmail.com>
Mar 4, 2011, 5:14:47 PM3/4/11

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 5:33 PM, ranjit_...@yahoo.com <ranjit_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

On Feb 5, 5:45 pm, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 4:06 PM, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <snipped>

> > Nations change dictators.  And, this is the changing of the nations.
> > Much land has gone from one countries domain to another.
> > This is what is being talked about - when it says there will be changes in
> > our governments until the end of times.
>
> That's been going on during the entire history of the world's various
> civilizations. Lol.

LOL indeed! The nations of the world have not been fighting battles at
Mount Megiddo, though. Mount Megiddo = Har Megiddo, whence Armageddon.

I don't think that Armageddon of Bible fame, is going to be fought just between
nations.  I think that this will be when Satan has his *last stand* and fights
to try to keep people believing that God doesn't exist.
We do know that Israel and Egypt and Assyria will be blessed together.
So, there may be more than we have been taught in our denominational
churches, or not taught.