[AvC] Extramarital sex fuels earthquakes: Iran cleric

Khurram Chaudhry

<khurramc73@gmail.com>
Apr 20, 2010, 5:56:02 AM4/20/10
to atheism-vs-christianity, Human-nonmoderated@yahoogroups.com, athofsv@yahoogroups.com
TEHRAN: A senior Iranian cleric has claimed that dolled-up women incite extramarital sex, causing more earthquakes in Iran, newspapers reported on Saturday. “Many women who dress inappropriately ... cause youths to go astray, taint their chastity and incite extramarital sex in society, which increases earthquakes,” Ayatollah Kazem Sedighi told worshippers at the Friday prayers in Tehran. “Calamities are the result of people’s deeds,” he was quoted as saying by reformist Aftab-e Yazd newspaper. “We have no way but to conform to Islam to ward off dangers.” The Islamic dress code is mandatory in Iran, which has been under clerical rule for more than three decades. Every post-pubescent woman, regardless of her religion or nationality must cover her hair and bodily contours in public.

thea

<thea.nob4@gmail.com>
Apr 20, 2010, 7:48:50 AM4/20/10
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com
In the Bible we are taught that the words of our mouths have power over the earth, elements and animals.  do they?  This Iranian cleric seems to think we have the power over the earth -- I wonder what he knows that he is not telling us.  There may be more to this than he can telll us - or that he understands.

TLC

<tlc.terence@googlemail.com>
Apr 20, 2010, 7:55:34 AM4/20/10
to Atheism vs Christianity
Thea.

"In the Bible we are taught that the words of our mouths have power
over the earth, elements and animals. do they?" Only in Harry
Potter and Lord of the Rings!

On 20 Apr, 12:48, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the Bible we are taught that the words of our mouths have power over the
> earth, elements and animals.  do they?  This Iranian cleric seems to
> think we have the power over the earth -- I wonder what he knows that he is
> not telling us.  There may be more to this than he can telll us - or that he
> understands.
>
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 4:56 AM, Khurram Chaudhry <khurram...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> >      TEHRAN: A senior Iranian cleric has claimed that dolled-up women
> > incite extramarital sex, causing more earthquakes in Iran, newspapers
> > reported on Saturday. “Many women who dress inappropriately ... cause youths
> > to go astray, taint their chastity and incite extramarital sex in society,
> > which increases earthquakes,” Ayatollah Kazem Sedighi told worshippers at
> > the Friday prayers in Tehran. “Calamities are the result of people’s deeds,”
> > he was quoted as saying by reformist Aftab-e Yazd newspaper. “We have no way
> > but to conform to Islam to ward off dangers.” The Islamic dress code is
> > mandatory in Iran, which has been under clerical rule for more than three
> > decades. Every post-pubescent woman, regardless of her religion or
> > nationality must cover her hair and bodily contours in public.
>
> > --
>
> --

thea

<thea.nob4@gmail.com>
Apr 20, 2010, 8:06:39 AM4/20/10
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 6:55 AM, TLC <tlc.t...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Thea.

"In the Bible we are taught that the words of our mouths have power
over the earth, elements and animals.  do they?"   Only in Harry
Potter and Lord of the Rings!

Sorry about that -- but I believe that even your thoughts have power that we have not come to understand.  It is called living in another dimension -- and the birds and animals apparently can understand the words of our mouths because we were given charge over them.  We just cannot understand what they are saying anymore because of our *fallen state* which was caused by Adam!!  Poor ole boy gets all the blame around here.
:)

yarrido@aol.com

<yarrido@aol.com>
Apr 20, 2010, 10:28:14 AM4/20/10
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Apr 20, 2:56 am, Khurram Chaudhry <khurram...@gmail.com> wrote:
> TEHRAN: A senior Iranian cleric has claimed that dolled-up women incite
> extramarital sex, causing more earthquakes in Iran,

What an absurd bunch of fanatical nonsense. Earthquakes are just a
feature of the planet and sometimes we get in the way. Just like
Muslim fanatics to blame women. How about blaming the men, who are
notorious in ignoring Sharia laws?
What a bunch of shit!

yarrido@aol.com

<yarrido@aol.com>
Apr 20, 2010, 10:29:47 AM4/20/10
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Apr 20, 4:48 am, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the Bible we are taught that the words of our mouths have power over the
> earth, elements and animals.  do they?

No it doesn't say that.

yarrido@aol.com

<yarrido@aol.com>
Apr 20, 2010, 10:32:23 AM4/20/10
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Apr 20, 5:06 am, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 6:55 AM, TLC <tlc.tere...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Thea.
>
> > "In the Bible we are taught that the words of our mouths have power
> > over the earth, elements and animals.  do they?"   Only in Harry
> > Potter and Lord of the Rings!
>
> Sorry about that -- but I believe that even your thoughts have power that we
> have not come to understand.

No they don't.

>> It is called living in another dimension --
> and the birds and animals apparently can understand the words of our mouths
> because we were given charge over them.  We just cannot understand what they
> are saying anymore because of our *fallen state* which was caused by Adam!!
> Poor ole boy gets all the blame around here.

Baloney! It was shared between both Adam and Eve. Men bashing is a
recent development.

thea

<thea.nob4@gmail.com>
Apr 20, 2010, 10:53:08 AM4/20/10
On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 9:29 AM, yar...@aol.com <yar...@aol.com> wrote:

On Apr 20, 4:48 am, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the Bible we are taught that the words of our mouths have power over the
> earth, elements and animals.  do they?

No it doesn't say that.

In Genesis when Adam was made - God gave him all authority over the earth.  He had the authority for the garden and the animals within.
When Jesus came and died for us - Jesus restored us to the place where we could walk and talk with God like Adam did - and talk to the animals if you tried??

thea

<thea.nob4@gmail.com>
Apr 20, 2010, 10:56:31 AM4/20/10
On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 9:32 AM, yar...@aol.com <yar...@aol.com> wrote:

On Apr 20, 5:06 am, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 6:55 AM, TLC <tlc.tere...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Thea.
>
> > "In the Bible we are taught that the words of our mouths have power
> > over the earth, elements and animals.  do they?"   Only in Harry
> > Potter and Lord of the Rings!
>
> Sorry about that -- but I believe that even your thoughts have power that we
> have not come to understand.

 No they don't.

My doctor told me that people who believe they will get well -- get well!!  those who question whether they will get well - stay sick!  it's all in the mind.
Psychology has also proved some of this - that our minds do have power over our circumstances.

>> It is called living in another dimension --
> and the birds and animals apparently can understand the words of our mouths
> because we were given charge over them.  We just cannot understand what they
> are saying anymore because of our *fallen state* which was caused by Adam!!
> Poor ole boy gets all the blame around here.

 Baloney! It was shared between both Adam and Eve. Men bashing is a
recent development.

Go back to the 3rd chapter of Genesis and with a pad and pencil write down who is being talked to when -- You will discover that  the woman was promised the Christ child before Adam could name her Eve.
So - no - Adam is at fault because he is the one who was told not to eat!!  Eve was fooled by Satan but Adam was not fooled - he sinned with his eyes wide open -- for love of the woman??

yarrido@aol.com

<yarrido@aol.com>
Apr 20, 2010, 3:39:34 PM4/20/10
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Apr 20, 7:56 am, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
Eve was well aware of the prohibition as it states within that 3rd
chapter. She admits her knowledge of it with her own words when
speaking with the serpent.
Who has to go with pad and pencil?

> Eve was fooled by Satan but Adam was not fooled - he sinned with his eyes
> wide open -- for love of the woman??

Fooled or not, they both knowingly disobeyed.

yarrido@aol.com

<yarrido@aol.com>
Apr 20, 2010, 1:49:38 PM4/20/10
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Apr 20, 7:53 am, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 9:29 AM, yarr...@aol.com <yarr...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > On Apr 20, 4:48 am, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > In the Bible we are taught that the words of our mouths have power over
> > the
> > > earth, elements and animals.  do they?
>
> > No it doesn't say that.
>
> In Genesis when Adam was made - God gave him all authority over the earth.
> He had the authority for the garden and the animals within.

Making him a zookeeper and gardner is not the same thing as using
magical words to control the animals.
Having authority means to have dominion over the animals...as in
subjugation and domestication and nothing else.

> When Jesus came and died for us - Jesus restored us to the place where we
> could walk and talk with God like Adam did - and talk to the animals if you
> tried??

Yep. I used to talk to my german shepherd all the time. :)
Mind you, he never said all that much back. :)
The only one that was demonstrated as having the facility for speech
was the serpent. However, that creature was unique as you will recall
as it was the devil himself. So, unless you will claim that all the
other animals were also devil....we must conclude that this was a
unique thing in the animal kingdom even then.

I don't buy thins talking animals as being normative in the garden
nonsense.

Timothy 1:4a

<canfanorama@gmail.com>
Apr 21, 2010, 12:38:14 AM4/21/10
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Apr 20, 7:48 am, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the Bible we are taught that the words of our mouths have power over the
> earth, elements and animals.  do they?  This Iranian cleric seems to
> think we have the power over the earth -- I wonder what he knows that he is
> not telling us.

And what he does NOT know that he IS telling us.

> There may be more to this than he can telll us - or that he
> understands.

A safe bet.

> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 4:56 AM, Khurram Chaudhry <khurram...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >      TEHRAN: A senior Iranian cleric has claimed that dolled-up women
> > incite extramarital sex, causing more earthquakes in Iran, newspapers
> > reported on Saturday. “Many women who dress inappropriately ... cause youths
> > to go astray, taint their chastity and incite extramarital sex in society,
> > which increases earthquakes,” Ayatollah Kazem Sedighi told worshippers at
> > the Friday prayers in Tehran. “Calamities are the result of people’s deeds,”

I laugh so I won't cry. And of course, there are plenty of American
Christians who believe exactly the same thing.

> > he was quoted as saying by reformist Aftab-e Yazd newspaper. “We have no way
> > but to conform to Islam to ward off dangers.” The Islamic dress code is
> > mandatory in Iran, which has been under clerical rule for more than three
> > decades. Every post-pubescent woman, regardless of her religion or
> > nationality must cover her hair and bodily contours in public.
>
> > --
>
> --

philosophy

<catswhiskers09@gmail.com>
Apr 21, 2010, 4:54:55 AM4/21/10
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Apr 21, 12:53 am, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 9:29 AM, yarr...@aol.com <yarr...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > On Apr 20, 4:48 am, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > In the Bible we are taught that the words of our mouths have power over
> > the
> > > earth, elements and animals.  do they?
>
> > No it doesn't say that.
>
> In Genesis when Adam was made - God gave him all authority over the earth.
> He had the authority for the garden and the animals within.
> When Jesus came and died for us - Jesus restored us to the place where we
> could walk and talk with God like Adam did - and talk to the animals if you
> tried??

Thea, if God gave authority to Adam over all the earth, then God was
the idiot, because Adam then turned around and broke the one rule
that God stated.
It's all a load of crapology!

> > --
>
> --

philosophy

<catswhiskers09@gmail.com>
Apr 21, 2010, 4:58:17 AM4/21/10
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Apr 21, 12:56 am, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 9:32 AM, yarr...@aol.com <yarr...@aol.com> wrote:

> > > Sorry about that -- but I believe that even your thoughts have power that
> > we
> > > have not come to understand.
>
> >  No they don't.
>
> My doctor told me that people who believe they will get well -- get well!!
> those who question whether they will get well - stay sick!  it's all in the
> mind.

If your doctor told you that, then I'd say you really need to change
your doctor.
Superstition has no basis in medicine. I'd love to see your doctor
tell a woman
who is dying from cervical cancer, and who wants to live so she can
see her
children grow up, that piece of nonsense. I believe positive thinking
is better
than negative thinking, because it offers some sort of hope. But when
disease is terminal, it is irresponsible to offer false hope - in fact
it's downright
cruel.

> Psychology has also proved some of this - that our minds do have power over
> our circumstances.

> > > and the birds and animals apparently can understand the words of our
> > mouths
> > > because we were given charge over them.  We just cannot understand what
> > they
> > > are saying anymore because of our *fallen state* which was caused by
> > Adam!!
> > > Poor ole boy gets all the blame around here.
>
> >  Baloney! It was shared between both Adam and Eve. Men bashing is a
> > recent development.

> who is being talked to when -- You will discover that  the woman was
> promised the Christ child before Adam could name her Eve.
> So - no - Adam is at fault because he is the one who was told not to eat!!
> Eve was fooled by Satan but Adam was not fooled - he sinned with his eyes
> wide open -- for love of the woman??
>

> > --
>
> --

philosophy

<catswhiskers09@gmail.com>
Apr 21, 2010, 5:02:08 AM4/21/10
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Apr 21, 2:38 pm, "Timothy 1:4a" <canfanor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 20, 7:48 am, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > In the Bible we are taught that the words of our mouths have power over the
> > earth, elements and animals.  do they?  This Iranian cleric seems to
> > think we have the power over the earth -- I wonder what he knows that he is
> > not telling us.
>
> And what he does NOT know that he IS telling us.
>
> > There may be more to this than he can telll us - or that he
> > understands.
>
> A safe bet.
>
> > On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 4:56 AM, Khurram Chaudhry <khurram...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > >      TEHRAN: A senior Iranian cleric has claimed that dolled-up women
> > > incite extramarital sex, causing more earthquakes in Iran, newspapers
> > > reported on Saturday. “Many women who dress inappropriately ... cause youths
> > > to go astray, taint their chastity and incite extramarital sex in society,
> > > which increases earthquakes,” Ayatollah Kazem Sedighi told worshippers at
> > > the Friday prayers in Tehran. “Calamities are the result of people’s deeds,”
>
> I laugh so I won't cry.  And of course, there are plenty of American
> Christians who believe exactly the same thing.

This absolutely amazes me. Is ignorance a disease?
I mean, can you really catch it from your preacher?
It sure seems to be spreading through certain cultures
especially those based on the Abrahamic religions.

Remzi

<remzi.yavuz@gmail.com>
Apr 21, 2010, 6:00:00 AM4/21/10
to Atheism vs Christianity
Hey did you ever think that, there should be no earthquakes, volcanic
eruptions and other natural "disasters" on uninhabited planets... Oh
wait they do...
There must be a hell lot of sinners on Venus!

yarrido@aol.com

<yarrido@aol.com>
Apr 21, 2010, 12:52:37 PM4/21/10
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Apr 21, 3:00 am, Remzi <remzi.ya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey did you ever think that, there should be no earthquakes, volcanic
> eruptions and other natural "disasters" on uninhabited planets... Oh
> wait they do...
> There must be a hell lot of sinners on Venus!

No surprise there. If it was named Vince, it would probably not be the
case. :)
But then, let's not forget that we are talking about the Moon god
worshipers here.
Perhaps a better way to get their goat, which they are probably
raising, is by telling them there are moon quakes. What will their
Moon god make of that?

yarrido@aol.com

<yarrido@aol.com>
Apr 21, 2010, 3:24:14 PM4/21/10
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Apr 21, 2:02 am, philosophy <catswhisker...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 21, 2:38 pm, "Timothy 1:4a" <canfanor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Apr 20, 7:48 am, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > In the Bible we are taught that the words of our mouths have power over the
> > > earth, elements and animals.  do they?  This Iranian cleric seems to
> > > think we have the power over the earth -- I wonder what he knows that he is
> > > not telling us.
>
> > And what he does NOT know that he IS telling us.
>
> > > There may be more to this than he can telll us - or that he
> > > understands.
>
> > A safe bet.

> > I laugh so I won't cry.  And of course, there are plenty of American
> > Christians who believe exactly the same thing.
>
> This absolutely amazes me.  Is ignorance a disease?

Actually, it is a problem that has been launched by commercialism.
Americans have been conditioned from a very early age, through
television commercials and other sources, to listen to nobody but a
salesman. It is an absolute requirement for everyone in the country to
be a salesman to one degree or another. You are denied a job if you
aren't one...you have to sell yourself in order to get a job. Nobody
will ever listen to you unless you are able to deliver a sales pitch.
It is pathetic. Salesmen and lawyers are absolutely destroying this
country. It isn't religious people, but those two groups that are
responsible for American decline.

So, when someone delivers a convincing sales pitch, people swallow the
shit like as if it were the finest cuisine, including this natural
disaster as being some kind of punishment from God baloney. But when a
non-salesman like Nikola Tesla comes along people would rather support
a salesman like Edison instead. This is a common theme that has run
throughout American history and it has been exported to other
countries as well.

Khurram Chaudhry

<khurramc73@gmail.com>
Apr 21, 2010, 3:28:48 PM4/21/10
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com
I do not think they link their god to the moon.
the most common fallacy about islam being wrong is that they want to
kill infidels and worship the moon god.

I am an ex-Muslim and never heard of 72 virgins, death squads to kill
infidels or any moon god.
so much so that musilms are forbidden to pray during sunrise or sunset
lest it be mistaken for worshipping the sun.

furthermore, fanatic muslims are knows to blow themselves up at events
celebrating the birthday of muhammad because they think it is akin to
worshipping him

so you must be on some pot to think that these are moon-god worshippers.
instead, they are followers of an old text and script that may have
been progressive for its time but is archaic now.
....and there is no god so the entire religion of islam is false.

..but still no moon god.

but a better argument is that there are earthquakes in Venus and there
are unclad women there or extra-marital affairs.....or are there?

...I am not really sure if there is any geological activity on the moon.

ciao!

yarrido@aol.com

<yarrido@aol.com>
Apr 21, 2010, 8:29:48 PM4/21/10
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Apr 21, 12:28 pm, Khurram Chaudhry <khurram...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I do not think they link their god to the moon.

Doesn't really matter as he was drawn from the Arab pantheon and was
indeed the moon god.

> the most common fallacy about islam being wrong is that they want to
> kill infidels and worship the moon god.

Actually, that is not the fallacy that I suffer from. I seem to
suffer from the one where not a single Muslim cleric has come out to
speak against the Jihad.
Furthermore, the founder of Islam was a man of violence and violence
is proscribed in the Quaran.

> I am an ex-Muslim and never heard of 72 virgins, death squads to kill
> infidels or any moon god.

Fine, I know of Catholics that don't go to Church either. They say
they are Catholics, but they couldn't tell you the Vatican's stance on
moral relativism if you asked them.
Many wouldn't even know what that is. That does not mean that it isn't
something that is discussed in certain circles.

> so much so that musilms are forbidden to pray during sunrise or sunset
> lest it be mistaken for worshipping the sun.

Yep, the moon must be out.

> furthermore, fanatic muslims are knows to blow themselves up at events
> celebrating the birthday of muhammad because they think it is akin to
> worshipping him

Well, that sounds interesting. The thing that is even more
interesting is that you, as an ex-Muslim are in great peril. If I, as
a Christian, were put next to a wall to be shot along with you, they
would shoot you first. They don't like it too much if a Muslim leaves
their ranks.

> so you must be on some pot to think that these are moon-god worshippers.

Actually, you provided the evidence to support that view by telling us
that Muslims go out of their way not to worship the sun. That sure
sounds like they don't want to piss of the moon.

> instead, they are followers of an old text and script that may have
> been progressive for its time but is archaic now.

Well, now, it doesn't matter if they are archaic or not, but if
they are true or not. That is what matters. The Muslims claim their
founder to be a prophet, but admit that he was missing the singular
marking of a prophet...that of miracles. Only a miracle of the Quran
is claimed...and that is not a miraculous occurrence in league with
that of the prophets.

> ....and there is no god so the entire religion of islam is false.

Well, now, there are some things they got right. Nobody can be wrong
100%.

Khurram Chaudhry

<khurramc73@gmail.com>
Apr 21, 2010, 8:32:05 PM4/21/10
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com
but there is no he. he does not exist

ciao!

ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com

<ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com>
Apr 22, 2010, 9:10:43 AM4/22/10
to Atheism vs Christianity
Do places with the greatest incidence of extra-marital sex have the
greatest number of earthquakes? Are earthquakes able to selectively
avoid areas with no extra-marital sex? For example, if El Vaticano has
no extra-marital sex (how can unmarried men have extra-marital sex?)
whereas Roma has plenty of extra-marital sex, would an earthquake be
able to devastate Rome while sparing Vatican City?

TLC

<tlc.terence@googlemail.com>
Apr 22, 2010, 9:25:36 AM4/22/10
to Atheism vs Christianity
Ranjit,

Strange, how churches, especially catholic churches, tend to fall down
in earthquakes. May be, their Sky Fairy doesn't like what goes on
inside?

On Apr 22, 2:10 pm, "ranjit_math...@yahoo.com"

ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com

<ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com>
Apr 22, 2010, 11:10:51 AM4/22/10
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Apr 22, 9:25 am, TLC <tlc.tere...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Ranjit,
>
> Strange, how churches, especially catholic churches, tend to fall down
> in earthquakes.   May be, their Sky Fairy doesn't like what goes on
> inside?

Or maybe, just maybe, Catholic churches are built using structures
that are not engineered for earthquake resistance:->
> > For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/atheism-vs-christianity?hl=en.-Hide quoted text -

> --

zencycle

<zencycle@bikerider.com>
Apr 22, 2010, 1:35:01 PM4/22/10
to Atheism vs Christianity
http://www.news.com.au/technology/boobquake-determined-to-prove-cleric-wrong/story-e6frfro0-1225856787031

Boobquake determined to prove cleric wrong

Jennifer McCreight is urging women across the world to defy a senior
Iranian cleric / AP Source: AP

* Cleric rails against promiscuity
* Immodesty "causes earthquakes"
* Boobquake to challenge theory
* Interview with Boobquake creator

A ONE-WOMAN mission to prove breasts don't cause earthquakes has
swollen into a shirt-straining global movement preparing for the
inaugural "Boobquake".

On Apr 20, 5:56 am, Khurram Chaudhry <khurram...@gmail.com> wrote:

yarrido@aol.com

<yarrido@aol.com>
Apr 22, 2010, 3:10:39 PM4/22/10
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Apr 20, 7:56 am, thea <thea.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 9:32 AM, yarr...@aol.com <yarr...@aol.com> wrote:

> > > Sorry about that -- but I believe that even your thoughts have power that
> > we
> > > have not come to understand.
>
> >  No they don't.
>
> My doctor told me that people who believe they will get well -- get well!!

Well...that depends on what you mean by believe. I suppose folks do
find comfort in faith, but that's one thing. The other issue is what
kind of belief we are talking about and in what it is invested. If it
is a blind faith, I don't think that this is the kind that Jesus would
have anything to do with. When He asked people to believe in Him as
the great physician, He provided evidence that they were justified in
doing so...in the form of healing and raising the dead and expulsion
of demons. He did not demand a blind leap of faith without evidence,
which He provided frequently. The other portion is the question of
what we invest faith in. It is like any other investment. If you want
a profitable return on it, you had better be sure it is invested in
something that will bring one. The folks who sought Jesus out for
healing, knew a good investment when they saw the evidence of one.

> those who question whether they will get well - stay sick!  it's all in the
> mind.

I understand the emotional impulse to think this way, but there are
plenty of people who thought they would get well that did not and
died. This shows us that it really is not all in the mind. While a
positive attitude can certainly help with health care issues, we must
realize that there are limits to how much good it can do. These limits
are imposed on us by the kind of creatures we are.

> Psychology has also proved some of this - that our minds do have power over
> our circumstances.

Well, again, there is some truth in this, but I would be cautious as
to what degree to place my weight behind it.

Timothy 1:4a

<canfanorama@gmail.com>
Apr 22, 2010, 11:34:15 PM4/22/10
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Apr 22, 9:10 am, "ranjit_math...@yahoo.com"
<ranjit_math...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Do places with the greatest incidence of extra-marital sex have the
> greatest number of earthquakes? Are earthquakes able to selectively
> avoid areas with no extra-marital sex? For example, if El Vaticano has
> no extra-marital sex (how can unmarried men have extra-marital sex?)

Just to correct your terminology (and ponder the ghastly excesses of
the RCC), Vaticanos can ONLY have extramarital sex. The broad (and
Catholic) definition of extramarital includes premarital and all other
non-marital.

Timothy 1:4a

<canfanorama@gmail.com>
Apr 22, 2010, 11:35:20 PM4/22/10
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Apr 22, 1:35 pm, zencycle <zency...@bikerider.com> wrote:
> http://www.news.com.au/technology/boobquake-determined-to-prove-cleri...
>
> Boobquake determined to prove cleric wrong
>
> Jennifer McCreight is urging women across the world to defy a senior
> Iranian cleric / AP Source: AP
>
>     * Cleric rails against promiscuity
>     * Immodesty "causes earthquakes"
>     * Boobquake to challenge theory
>     * Interview with Boobquake creator
>
> A ONE-WOMAN mission to prove breasts don't cause earthquakes has
> swollen into a shirt-straining global movement preparing for the
> inaugural "Boobquake".

Ah, the scientific mind at work ;-P