Question: "Why did Satan think he could defeat God?"

TRUECRISTIANBorn Again Fundamentalist Christianity ]

<XL5@operamail.com>
Aug 2, 2010, 8:55:25 PM8/2/10
to Atheism vs Christianity
Answer: It’s hard to imagine a being who was as close to God as
Lucifer (Satan) was coming to believe that he could even do battle
with God, much less defeat Him. Even the most depraved mind should be
able to see that the creature cannot possibly contend with the
Creator. And yet Satan attempted to dethrone God and strives to this
day to defy His authority, thwart His plans and harass His people.

Perhaps part of the explanation is that pride, the worst and most evil
of all sins, has blinded Satan to reality. Two Old Testament passages
(Isaiah 14:12-15 and Ezekiel 28:11-19) furnish a picture of Satan's
original position and the reasons for his loss of that position. They
tell of an exalted angelic being, one of God's creatures, who became
too proud and ambitious. He determined to take the throne of God for
himself. But God removed him from his position of great dignity and
honor. As a result of his original status and authority, Satan had
great power and dignity. So great is his strength that Michael the
archangel viewed him as a foe too powerful to oppose (Jude 9).

LL

<llpens@aol.com>
Aug 2, 2010, 9:15:16 PM8/2/10
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Aug 2, 5:55 pm, "TRUECRISTIANBorn Again Fundamentalist
LL: And, yet, your god can't seem to win over Satan. No wonder Satan
thinks he can defeat god--he's done it from the beginning to this day,
with no end in sight.

*******************************

Simon Ewins

<sjewins@gmail.com>
Aug 2, 2010, 9:17:17 PM8/2/10
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com
He probably knew that God is not the most powerful of the gods.

--
"Only that in you which is me can hear what I'm saying." [Baba Ram Dass]

"Is man one of God's blunders or is God one of man's blunders?"
[Nietzsche]

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

<nolionnoproblem@yahoo.com>
Aug 2, 2010, 9:27:50 PM8/2/10
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Aug 2, 9:17 pm, Simon Ewins <sjew...@gmail.com> wrote:
> He probably knew that God is not the most powerful of the gods.

Satan probably thinks that God is an arrogant fool. He left Adam & Eve
to be easy prey for the evil snake.

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Aug 2, 2010, 9:29:16 PM8/2/10
On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 9:17 PM, Simon Ewins <sje...@gmail.com> wrote:
He probably knew that God is not the most powerful of the gods.

God couldn't defeat Iron Chariots so he definitely wasn't the most powerful.

--
"Anti-theism at it's best means holding religion to the same standard as everything else." --Dev

Baz

<bcliff1@tampabay.rr.com>
Aug 3, 2010, 12:15:37 AM8/3/10
to Atheism vs Christianity
Hellllooo Trance!

Baz here.

Apropo of fuck all, when I replied to you "And look what happened to
him! " a few months ago, I was referring to Dev, re your quote of him
below (s'ok, I was drunk at the time).

Pretty uninteresting around these parts, heresadays, n'est c'pas?. The
tibetan chimp is a rambling, drug-addled jack ass and he's the best of
it. You, LL and Neil holding it all down? What's a troll to make of
it all, this degenerate AvsC?

BTW, I recently read a very VERY nice furiously declamatory exchange
between yourself and someone (it was you wasn't it, woman of color,
horribly defamed about something or other... ya-da-ya-da? ). That's
the stuff we want, but I think it's probably all ancient history
now?

And AvsC,? Milk toast city, these days, apparently.

Ah, the good old days.... here's a walk down memory lane for you, yes,
one of mine (thank you, thank you) circa Nov 2008, and an utterly
nasty bilious tirade if ever there was one, and about nothing at all!
Pure genius! I can't seem to summon it up about anything in today's
AvsC though, somehow. Sad...... (Come back Devie, all is forgiven!).

"Re Dev's "Killing Theists vs. Making Them Slaves" discussion.
Six months have gone by since I last posted here. So let's see,
where's Dev at? Oh, he's still fantasizing about the death of his
theist mortal enemies here on the desperate killing fields of AvsC.
Hohum. But, at a glance, some things have changed. He has a new
fantasy. Slavery, oooh!...Really, Dev, do you have your dick in your
hand when you write this stuff?
This is so fucking old! Dev drives away/intimidates so many people
who
might otherwise participate in AvsC. This may be a naive concept, but
when I first participated in AvsC I thought it was a forum where
troubled Christians might come for some support, information and
discussion, not be confronted with stuff like "Killing Theists vs.
Making Them Slaves". Not going to make many converts there, one
feels.
To the point. What Dev does in postings like this is not 'satirical'.
No, he directs his threats at real people (other posters on AvsC),
and
wishes death upon them, which takes it out of the realm of satire and
into something entirely more nasty. So the only people who will reply
to him are people as wacked-out as himself. He is a sad, sick,
wannabe
nazi cunt, who seems to spend his whole life fantasizing about
commeupances for his email enemies. He is a disgrace to the cause of
atheism.
(He doesn't speak highly of me, either, in case you were wondering)

Mystic Merman

<mysticmerman@yahoo.com>
Aug 3, 2010, 12:34:12 AM8/3/10
to Atheism vs Christianity
Sounds exactly like Greek mythology. Or Egyptian mythology. Or Vedic
mythology. You pick.

By the way, I though blaspheming the Holy Spirit is "the worst and
most evil of all sins."

On Aug 2, 5:55 pm, "TRUECRISTIANBorn Again Fundamentalist
Christianity ]" <X...@OPERAMAIL.COM> wrote:

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Aug 3, 2010, 7:25:33 AM8/3/10
On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 12:34 AM, Mystic Merman <mystic...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Sounds exactly like Greek mythology.  Or Egyptian mythology.  Or Vedic
mythology.  You pick.

By the way, I though blaspheming the Holy Spirit is "the worst and
most evil of all sins."

Which is why TC is doing it ;-)

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Aug 3, 2010, 7:23:33 AM8/3/10
On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 12:15 AM, Baz <bcl...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
Hellllooo Trance!

Baz here.

Apropo of fuck all, when I replied to you "And look what happened to
him! " a few months ago, I was referring to Dev, re your quote of him
below (s'ok, I was drunk at the time).

If course that doesn't surprise me ;-) How's the tequila down there. Haha.

And of course, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Pretty uninteresting around these parts, heresadays, n'est c'pas?.

Well Dev, Simpleton, Rapp, OM and a few others who aren't posting right now kept things lively

The
tibetan chimp is a rambling, drug-addled jack ass and he's the best of
it. You, LL and Neil holding it all down?  What's a troll to make of
it all, this degenerate AvsC?

Well we have a couple of trolls but they're not very entertaining.

They lack your charisma and prefer disrupting by being malicious.

At least TC is his usual outrageously amusing self.

BTW, I recently read a very VERY nice furiously declamatory exchange
between yourself and someone (it was you wasn't it, woman of color,
horribly defamed about something or other... ya-da-ya-da? ). That's
the stuff we want, but I think it's probably all ancient history
now?

Oh you mean the white Internet k00k who was calling me a racist? <snicker>

The problem with the Trolls these days, like I said, is that they lack creativity, are not amusing, just disruptive l00ns and k00ks who engage in boring demagoguery.

And AvsC,? Milk toast city, these days, apparently.

No argument there. Well except I think that's supposed to be "Milque toast" (not being picky or anything)

You were quite shameless and of course, I *had* to out you to Dev ;-)

So what's the game plan :-D

(leave me alone k? I need a break. Pick on someone else)

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Aug 3, 2010, 7:30:06 AM8/3/10
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 12:15 AM, Baz <bcl...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
Hellllooo Trance!

Baz here.

<snipped>

Ah, the good old days.... here's a walk down memory lane for you, yes,
one of mine (thank you, thank you) circa Nov 2008, and an utterly
nasty bilious tirade if ever there was one, and about nothing at all!
Pure genius! I can't seem to summon it up about anything in  today's
AvsC though, somehow. Sad...... (Come back Devie, all is forgiven!).

By the way, you missed the "debate" that I got started between STB and Manny on whether I was a demon or a witch.

I suggested they have a one on one formal debate on the topic but neither had the attention span ....

Here's a suggestion for you.

Have an atheist / theist debate with TC!

Don't worry about the topic any response will work.

Come on Baz. You and TC will be dyn-o-mite! Haha.

ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com

<ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com>
Aug 3, 2010, 9:15:18 AM8/3/10
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Aug 2, 8:55 pm, "TRUECRISTIANBorn Again Fundamentalist
Christianity ]" <X...@OPERAMAIL.COM> wrote:
> (Isaiah 14:12-15 and Ezekiel 28:11-19) furnish a picture of Satan's
> original position and the reasons for his loss of that position. They
> tell of an exalted angelic being, one of God's creatures, who became
> too proud and ambitious. He determined to take the throne of God for
> himself.

If he had succeeded ...
Would Satan have inspired the Bible? Would God be tempting people to
disobey Satan? Would it be a sin to succumb to God's temptation?

> But God removed him from his position of great dignity and
> honor. As a result of his original status and authority, Satan had
> great power and dignity. So great is his strength that Michael the
> archangel viewed him as a foe too powerful to oppose (Jude 9).

If Satan had won, would Michael have become Satan's servant?

LL

<llpens@aol.com>
Aug 3, 2010, 8:13:42 PM8/3/10
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Aug 2, 5:55 pm, "TRUECRISTIANBorn Again Fundamentalist
Christianity ]" <X...@OPERAMAIL.COM> wrote:
> Answer: It’s hard to imagine a being who was as close to God as
> Lucifer (Satan) was coming to believe that he could even do battle
> with God, much less defeat Him. Even the most depraved mind should be
> able to see that the creature cannot possibly contend with the
> Creator.

LL: Why shouldn't he think he can contend with the creator. He does it
every day, and usually wins. Any Christian can tell you that. He's
absolutely sure that Satan is active in the universe and the cause of
all evil--which, evidently, "the creator" can't control.

And yet Satan attempted to dethrone God and strives to this
> day to defy His authority, thwart His plans and harass His people.

LL: Which he does with alacrity.

> Perhaps part of the explanation is that pride, the worst and most evil
> of all sins, has blinded Satan to reality.

LL: Nope, he shown no signs of being blinded to reality. People who
believe in god or satan are, however, completely blind to reality.

Two Old Testament passages
> (Isaiah 14:12-15 and Ezekiel 28:11-19) furnish a picture of Satan's
> original position and the reasons for his loss of that position. They
> tell of an exalted angelic being, one of God's creatures, who became
> too proud and ambitious. He determined to take the throne of God for
> himself.

LL: OK, they "tell of an exalted angelic being . . . ." Where's the
evidence that this is anywhere near the truth?

But God removed him from his position of great dignity and
> honor.

LL: Evidently he did no such thing, since every Christian will tell
you that Satan is still with us and actively spreading evil around.

As a result of his original status and authority, Satan had
> great power and dignity. So great is his strength that Michael the
> archangel viewed him as a foe too powerful to oppose (Jude 9).

LL: I don't see any evidence of this. Why is Satan still around doing
damage? And why is that "too powerful to oppose" god unable to handle
him and remove his power. Who created Satan, in the first place? Do
you have an answer for that?