The Worst Religion?

Baz

<bcliff1@tampabay.rr.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 1:03:37 AM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity
What religion is the absolute worst? Various persons I have polled
recently have voted Mormonism (topical), Scientology (sinister) and
Islam (yawn) as front-runners. My vote, overall, for the lousiest and
most egregiously malign religion ever invented is Catholicism. I say
this for all the usual reasons; mass murder, sanctioned pedophilia,
the cult of guilt, and oh, what the hell, lets throw in the selling
of salvation (indulgences).

Cato Major

<danielhalverson1080@gmail.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 1:07:07 AM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity
atheism.

Iamthesonofthedeviliam

<bqs4life@gmail.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 1:18:15 AM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity
Worst religion ever?

What are the criteria? The Catholic Church has had a lot of time and
if I think about effect vs duration, I'd say the new wave of born-
again/non-denominational group is the creepiest.

I just think the Catholics now are dumb and kinda silly.

These other ones give me the heebie-jeebies.

bonfly

<anubis2@aapt.net.au>
Dec 31, 2007, 4:21:25 AM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity
atheism is not a religion.

On Dec 31, 4:07 pm, Cato Major <danielhalverson1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> atheism.

Lawrey

<lawrenceel@btinternet.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 5:35:04 AM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity
He knows that he is being faceous! Happy New Year bonfly.

On Dec 31, 9:21 am, bonfly <anub...@aapt.net.au> wrote:
> atheism is not a religion.
>
> On Dec 31, 4:07 pm, Cato Major <danielhalverson1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > atheism.- Hide quoted text -

Lawrey

<lawrenceel@btinternet.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 5:35:56 AM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity
And a Happy New Year to you TOO! ;)

Cato Major

<danielhalverson1080@gmail.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 5:49:58 AM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity
;) lawry
happy new year to you too.

CM

Observer

<mayorskid@gmail.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 7:39:59 AM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity
Observer
How should one discriminate between the madness , atrocities, human
suffering and the proximate causes there of. All theistic religions
equally exude this filth and should therefore be considered equal
partners in the Genesis of evil issuing forth from horrific ignorance
and superstition.

Regards

Psychonomist

bob600

<bobs@nireland.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 8:26:02 AM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity
Bob600 replies:- They are all the same, RELIGION is the worst. Its
pointless trying to boil it down to the individual religion or even
person, RELIGION itself is a bad thing. Problem is, for different
reasons, so many people depend on it.

LiamToo

<liamtoo111@yahoo.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 9:52:31 AM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Dec 31, 12:03 am, Baz <bcli...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
If there were no Catholicism, there was no religion. If there were no
religion, there was no God. Very simply and very straightforward.

Kippers

<robin@croft6942.freeserve.co.uk>
Dec 31, 2007, 10:02:26 AM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity

On 31 Dec, 14:52, LiamToo <liamtoo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Dec 31, 12:03 am, Baz <bcli...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > What religion is the absolute worst? Various persons I have polled
> > recently have voted Mormonism (topical),  Scientology (sinister) and
> > Islam (yawn) as front-runners. My vote, overall, for the lousiest and
> > most egregiously malign religion ever invented is Catholicism. I say
> > this for all the usual reasons;  mass murder, sanctioned pedophilia,
> > the cult of guilt, and oh, what the hell, lets throw in the selling
> > of  salvation (indulgences).
>
> If there were no Catholicism, there was no religion.

What do you mean? There were plenty of religions before Catholicism
and plenty after it which are not even tied to the Abrahamic
tradition.

>If there were no
> religion, there was no God.

That assumes that God cannot exist without the praise of humans doesnt
it?

>Very simply and very straightforward.

Well you have lost me.

Ivan Karamazov

<rubinstein@planet.nl>
Dec 31, 2007, 10:52:59 AM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity
This is except passes events.
The Catholic church has been the moost bloody of all times.

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 10:54:38 AM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Dec 31, 7:39 am, Observer <mayors...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Observer
> How should one discriminate between the madness , atrocities,  human
> suffering and the proximate causes there of. All theistic religions
> equally exude this filth and should therefore be considered equal
> partners in the Genesis of evil issuing forth from horrific ignorance
> and superstition.

I'm with you on this one, Observer :)

> Regards
>
> Psychonomist
>
> On Dec 30, 10:03 pm, Baz <bcli...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>

> > What religion is the absolute worst? Various persons I have polled
> > recently have voted Mormonism (topical),  Scientology (sinister) and
> > Islam (yawn) as front-runners. My vote, overall, for the lousiest and
> > most egregiously malign religion ever invented is Catholicism. I say
> > this for all the usual reasons;  mass murder, sanctioned pedophilia,
> > the cult of guilt, and oh, what the hell, lets throw in the selling
> > of  salvation (indulgences).- Hide quoted text -

Lawrey

<lawrenceel@btinternet.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 11:09:27 AM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity
Count me in. C U in the New Year all the best!

Keith MacNevins

<kmacnevins@gmail.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 12:54:22 PM12/31/07
to Atheism-vs-Christianity@googlegroups.com
Regarding people who say, "When yer dead yer dead." May it be so for you, psychotic-observer. You are horrifyingly ignorant. Maybe on your deathbed you will finally have second thoughts about your utter condemnation of religion. Just bear in mind that it may already be too late for a lowlife such as you. Maybe that is why you have to be so extreme in your raunchy, crass and brainless diatribe. Because you know you have nothing left to lose.

Observer

<mayorskid@gmail.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 1:22:47 PM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Dec 31, 6:52 am, LiamToo <liamtoo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 31, 12:03 am, Baz <bcli...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > What religion is the absolute worst? Various persons I have polled
> > recently have voted Mormonism (topical), Scientology (sinister) and
> > Islam (yawn) as front-runners. My vote, overall, for the lousiest and
> > most egregiously malign religion ever invented is Catholicism. I say
> > this for all the usual reasons; mass murder, sanctioned pedophilia,
> > the cult of guilt, and oh, what the hell, lets throw in the selling
> > of salvation (indulgences).
>
> If there were no Catholicism, there was no religion.

Observer
That would be a distinct improvement were it true . However the world
is full of other genuinely diseased misanthropes equally as entitled
to the hideous label of religious .

If there were no
> religion, there was no God. Very simply and very straightforward.

Observer
Hey Liam you finally got something right. "no God. Very simply and
very straightforward."

Ha Ha ha Ha Ha Ha ha ha

Regards

Psychonomist

Observer

<mayorskid@gmail.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 1:25:46 PM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Dec 31, 6:52 am, LiamToo <liamtoo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 31, 12:03 am, Baz <bcli...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > What religion is the absolute worst? Various persons I have polled
> > recently have voted Mormonism (topical), Scientology (sinister) and
> > Islam (yawn) as front-runners. My vote, overall, for the lousiest and
> > most egregiously malign religion ever invented is Catholicism. I say
> > this for all the usual reasons; mass murder, sanctioned pedophilia,
> > the cult of guilt, and oh, what the hell, lets throw in the selling
> > of salvation (indulgences).
>
> If there were no Catholicism, there was no religion.

Observer
That would be a distinct improvement were it true . However the world
is full of other genuinely diseased misanthropes equally as entitled
to the hideous label of religious .

If there were no
> religion, there was no God. Very simply and very straightforward.

Observer
Hey Liam you finally got something right. "no God. Very simply and
very straightforward."

LiamToo

<liamtoo111@yahoo.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 3:15:25 PM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Dec 31, 9:02 am, Kippers <ro...@croft6942.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> On 31 Dec, 14:52, LiamToo <liamtoo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 31, 12:03 am, Baz <bcli...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > > What religion is the absolute worst? Various persons I have polled
> > > recently have voted Mormonism (topical),  Scientology (sinister) and
> > > Islam (yawn) as front-runners. My vote, overall, for the lousiest and
> > > most egregiously malign religion ever invented is Catholicism. I say
> > > this for all the usual reasons;  mass murder, sanctioned pedophilia,
> > > the cult of guilt, and oh, what the hell, lets throw in the selling
> > > of  salvation (indulgences).
>
> > If there were no Catholicism, there was no religion.
>
> What do you mean?  There were plenty of religions before Catholicism
> and plenty after it which are not even tied to the Abrahamic
> tradition.

What do I mean. If you're talking about other religions other than
Christianity, then you're in the wrong newsgroup. You can search
"Groups" and it will take you there like Alt. Jewish.religion.

> >If there were no
> > religion, there was no God.
>
> That assumes that God cannot exist without the praise of humans doesnt
> it?
>
> >Very simply and very straightforward.
>
> Well you have lost me.

I think so too. LOL!

LiamToo

<liamtoo111@yahoo.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 3:17:16 PM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Dec 31, 12:22 pm, Observer <mayors...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 31, 6:52 am, LiamToo <liamtoo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 31, 12:03 am, Baz <bcli...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > > What religion is the absolute worst? Various persons I have polled
> > > recently have voted Mormonism (topical),  Scientology (sinister) and
> > > Islam (yawn) as front-runners. My vote, overall, for the lousiest and
> > > most egregiously malign religion ever invented is Catholicism. I say
> > > this for all the usual reasons;  mass murder, sanctioned pedophilia,
> > > the cult of guilt, and oh, what the hell, lets throw in the selling
> > > of  salvation (indulgences).
>
> > If there were no Catholicism, there was no religion.
>
> Observer
>  That would be a distinct improvement were it true . However the world
> is full of other genuinely diseased misanthropes  equally as entitled
> to the hideous label of religious .

Yep, however there are other discussion groups pertaining to those
religions. We are talking about Christianity here.

>  If there were no
>
> > religion, there was no God. Very simply and very straightforward.
>
> Observer
> Hey Liam you finally got something right. "no God. Very simply and
> very straightforward."

And you're lost too, just like Kippers.

Dave

<dvorous@gmail.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 3:26:59 PM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Dec 30, 10:03 pm, Baz <bcli...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> What religion is the absolute worst?

That would have to be the christian one. It's caused more harm to
humanity than all the other religious put together.

Dave

<dvorous@gmail.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 3:27:52 PM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Dec 31, 1:21 am, bonfly <anub...@aapt.net.au> wrote:
> atheism is not a religion.

The idiot knows that. She's just trying to cause trouble.

Dave

<dvorous@gmail.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 3:29:54 PM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Dec 31, 6:52 am, LiamToo <liamtoo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Just imagine:

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

Keith MacNevins

<kmacnevins@gmail.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 3:34:43 PM12/31/07
to Atheism-vs-Christianity@googlegroups.com
I wonder which of the Beatles wrote, "Happiness is a warm gun, momma."

ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com

<ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 3:43:18 PM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Dec 30, 10:03 pm, Baz <bcli...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> What religion is the absolute worst?

It depends on whether you're shopping for a religion or deciding
followers of which ones to avoid for safety reasons. If you're
shopping, its whichever one delivers the least of whatever you're
looking for. If you're trying to figure out which ones to avoid, it's
whichever one has the most followers violently disposed toward
whatever you're likely to be identified as.

Medusa

<Medusa4303@yahoo.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 3:43:58 PM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Dec 31, 12:07 am, Cato Major <danielhalverson1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> atheism.

Nice try, but atheism is _not_ a religion.

Medusa

AA #2281

Medusa

<Medusa4303@yahoo.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 3:50:21 PM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity

Observer wrote:

> How should one discriminate between the madness , atrocities,  human
> suffering and the proximate causes there of. All theistic religions
> equally exude this filth and should therefore be considered equal
> partners in the Genesis of evil issuing forth from horrific ignorance
> and superstition.

I totally agree.

Medusa

AA #2281

Iamthesonofthedeviliam

<bqs4life@gmail.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 6:49:44 PM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity
Liam, you don't seem your normal cheery self, everything okay?
> And you're lost too, just like Kippers.- Hide quoted text -

LiamToo

<liamtoo111@yahoo.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 7:09:13 PM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Dec 31, 5:49 pm, Iamthesonofthedeviliam <bqs4l...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Liam, you don't seem your normal cheery self, everything okay?

Yep, everything is fine. I am cheerful when the subject and
participants dictate it to be such. How about you, everything okay?

Happy New Year!

Iamthesonofthedeviliam

<bqs4life@gmail.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 7:15:13 PM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Dec 31, 6:09 pm, LiamToo <liamtoo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 31, 5:49 pm, Iamthesonofthedeviliam <bqs4l...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Liam, you don't seem your normal cheery self, everything okay?
>
> Yep, everything is fine. I am cheerful when the subject and
> participants dictate it to be such.

So you let other people control you too? I'm working on that lesson as
well.

How about you, everything okay?

So far so good.

> Happy New Year!

LiamToo

<liamtoo111@yahoo.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 7:18:23 PM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Dec 31, 6:15 pm, Iamthesonofthedeviliam <bqs4l...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 31, 6:09 pm, LiamToo <liamtoo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 31, 5:49 pm, Iamthesonofthedeviliam <bqs4l...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Liam, you don't seem your normal cheery self, everything okay?
>
> > Yep, everything is fine. I am cheerful when the subject and
> > participants dictate it to be such.
>
> So you let other people control you too? I'm working on that lesson as
> well.

Nope, I'm my own self. However, emotions are part of being human.

Cato Major

<danielhalverson1080@gmail.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 7:31:03 PM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity
sure it is medusa :)

CM

Iamthesonofthedeviliam

<bqs4life@gmail.com>
Dec 31, 2007, 7:32:22 PM12/31/07
to Atheism vs Christianity
Of course you are.

However, emotions are part of being human.

Yeah, and we two humans allow ours to control us.

BlueSci

<bluesci@hotmail.com>
Jan 1, 2008, 2:44:14 AM1/1/08
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Dec 31, 6:52 am, LiamToo <liamtoo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
You mean if we get rid of religion, we'll get rid of god? Cool. I
say let's go for it. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Observer

<mayorskid@gmail.com>
Jan 1, 2008, 5:48:28 AM1/1/08
to Atheism vs Christianity
Observer
Lost from the hideous corruption of abrahamic superstitions ?Yes
indeed.

Regards

Psychonomist

Kippers

<robin@croft6942.freeserve.co.uk>
Jan 1, 2008, 7:58:04 AM1/1/08
to Atheism vs Christianity

On 31 Dec 2007, 20:15, LiamToo <liamtoo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Dec 31, 9:02 am, Kippers <ro...@croft6942.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> > > If there were no Catholicism, there was no religion.
>
> > What do you mean?  There were plenty of religions before Catholicism
> > and plenty after it which are not even tied to the Abrahamic
> > tradition.
>

> What do I mean. If you're talking about other religions other than
> Christianity, then you're in the wrong newsgroup. You can search
> "Groups" and it will take you there like Alt. Jewish.religion.

I didnt realize that in this group we had to pretend no other
religions existed.
As a catholic you may shut your mind off to the worlds other religions
but dont assume everyone else is doing the same.

> > >If there were no
> > > religion, there was no God.
>
> > That assumes that God cannot exist without the praise of humans doesnt
> > it?
>
> > >Very simply and very straightforward.
>
> > Well you have lost me.
>
> I think so too. LOL!- Hide quoted text -

Yes pretending there are no other religions out there does confuse the
discussion. Appologies for impinging upon your narrow view of the
world.

"john p"

<john.phile@gmail.com>
Jan 1, 2008, 11:44:16 AM1/1/08
to Atheism vs Christianity
As and exmormon, I would love to say mormonism, but Scientology has
got to be number one with mormonism coming in second.

ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com

<ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com>
Jan 1, 2008, 1:52:14 PM1/1/08
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Dec 30 2007, 10:18 pm, Iamthesonofthedeviliam <bqs4l...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Worst religion ever?
>
> What are the criteria? The Catholic Church has had a lot of time and
> if I think about effect vs duration, I'd say the new wave of born-
> again/non-denominational group is the creepiest.
>
> I just think the Catholics now are dumb and kinda silly.

How about quaint?

Iamthesonofthedeviliam

<bqs4life@gmail.com>
Jan 1, 2008, 4:01:32 PM1/1/08
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Jan 1, 12:52 pm, "ranjit_math...@yahoo.com"
Kinda but that would sugar coat some of their bad spots.

Jack Behan

<fishingforluckies@googlemail.com>
Jan 24, 2008, 10:32:20 AM1/24/08
to Atheism vs Christianity
Worst religion ever? Catholicism. Easy. The Witch Trials, Spanish
Inquisition, land grabbing, indoctrination, control of medieval
Europe, the crusades.... Mass murder and mayhem in the name of a God
who wouldn't condone such activities.

Worst religion today? Scientology. If you can call it that. A bunch of
brainwashing cultists fleecing their followers while propogating a
myth based on some bad science fiction. A group claiming to be
striving to cure mankind and make the world a better place while on a
systematic mission to destroy, denigrate and litigate their critics
into ruination. I can only applaud Project Chanology's attempt to
bring down the cult of Elron in the latest saga of the ongoing battle
between Scientology and The Internet, and hope that the fight can be
made public enough that right minded people are made aware of what
they do so that they can be laughed off the face of the earth.

Dag Yo

<sir_roko2@yahoo.com>
Jan 24, 2008, 11:51:33 AM1/24/08
to Atheism vs Christianity
> Worst religion today? Scientology.
Brainwashing rich nitwits is worse than systematic rape of children
and coverup thereof? I rather disagree.

Not that i'm saying catholicism is the worst religion but i'm sure I
could find scientology doing far less offensive things than any random
sort of protestant, mormon, catholic, or islamic religions and all
their goofy sects.

On Jan 24, 7:32 am, Jack Behan <fishingforluck...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

Dag Yo

<sir_roko2@yahoo.com>
Jan 24, 2008, 11:52:58 AM1/24/08
to Atheism vs Christianity
> What religion is the absolute worst? Various persons I have polled
> recently have voted Mormonism (topical), Scientology (sinister) and
> Islam (yawn) as front-runners. My vote, overall, for the lousiest and
> most egregiously malign religion ever invented is Catholicism. I say
> this for all the usual reasons; mass murder, sanctioned pedophilia,
> the cult of guilt, and oh, what the hell, lets throw in the selling
> of salvation (indulgences).

Judaism...without them we wouldn't have the other two.

Zing. (unless someone else said that already...I didn't read the

Dev

<thedeviliam@fastmail.fm>
Jan 24, 2008, 1:11:11 PM1/24/08
to Atheism vs Christianity
Reasonably speaking, they're all equally stupid. All religious faith
has the lowest conceivable rational value. You can't invent anything
stupider or crazier because that would require coming up with
something less reasonable, which is a logical impossibility. In terms
of danger, Islam is clearly the most direct threat, but by saying
religious faith is acceptable you are essentially rationalizing all
atrocities by all religions. Scientology and Mormonism are just newer,
so for some reason its considered more acceptable to make fun of them--
religious hazing, I suppose. A religion has to kill "x" number of
people before its worthy of respect according to the doctrine of
religious tolerance.
> > they do so that they can be laughed off the face of the earth.- Hide quoted text -

Keith MacNevins

<kmacnevins@gmail.com>

<sir_roko2@yahoo.com>
Jan 24, 2008, 1:24:58 PM1/24/08
to Atheism vs Christianity
I'll grant you that to a point Dev. But, and here is where I take a
small bit of exception for Scientology and Mormonism in a way that
doesn't relate to their number of followers; we actually know who
started them and we have a much clearer history of how they were
started -- and the people who started them did not have the best
credentials. Frankly, if I can gauge such silly things at all, I'm
quite sure that I'm more prone to believing some random dude who says
god speaks through him that wasn't a known barely literate conman or a
known science fiction writer who liked to get high. And thats not to
say that Moses, or Jesus, or Muhammad weren't also barely literate
conmen or coked up storytellers, but that part of the history is
missing to us at the minute.

-

Dev

<thedeviliam@fastmail.fm>
Jan 24, 2008, 4:15:21 PM1/24/08
to Atheism vs Christianity
I'm aware of that argument, but disagree that since we know more about
these people they are less credible than sources where the facts of
their very existence are hazier, much more outrageous and more prone
to the inevitable distortions of time. Also, one thing we do know
about Jesus and Muhammed is that, assuming they both existed, they
lived over a thousand years ago in a much less enlightened time than
L. Ron Hubbard.

Dev

<thedeviliam@fastmail.fm>
Jan 24, 2008, 4:16:33 PM1/24/08
to Atheism vs Christianity
That is another thing I've taken into consideration. But it goes back
to my case that while religions fight amongst themselves, they also
enable each other through the perpetuation of religious faith.