Christianity's greatest achievements?

Eris

<vithant@gmail.com>
Sep 4, 2009, 11:06:26 AM9/4/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
Besides ignorance, cruelty, neurosis, and cannibalism.

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Sep 4, 2009, 11:10:43 AM9/4/09
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Eris <vit...@gmail.com> wrote:

Besides ignorance, cruelty, neurosis, and cannibalism.

The Inquisition and the Crusades ...

Oh. Right... :-)

--
"The less justified a man is in claiming excellence for his own self, the more ready he is to claim all excellence for his nation, his religion, his race or his holy cause...." --Eric Hoffer.

"potatoes vs tomatoes =grapes logic of fools." --Stonethatbleeds

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Sep 4, 2009, 11:11:57 AM9/4/09
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Eris <vit...@gmail.com> wrote:

Besides ignorance, cruelty, neurosis, and cannibalism.

Pedophile priests, child physical and emotional abuse ...

Oh. Right ....

Trance Gemini

<trancegemini7@gmail.com>
Sep 4, 2009, 11:13:13 AM9/4/09
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Eris <vit...@gmail.com> wrote:

Besides ignorance, cruelty, neurosis, and cannibalism.

Okay. You got me. I think you might have them all covered.

Well, there's murder but that probably fits under cruelty.

Neil Kelsey

<neil_kelsey@hotmail.com>
Sep 4, 2009, 7:46:03 PM9/4/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Sep 4, 8:06 am, Eris <vith...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Besides ignorance, cruelty, neurosis, and cannibalism.

Televangelists.

Eris

<vithant@gmail.com>
Sep 4, 2009, 8:03:08 PM9/4/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
I have sinned!

-7/9 n n + 1.76666666 + 2/

<marty.musatov@gmail.com>
Sep 5, 2009, 2:01:43 AM9/5/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
Evidence of what 'Eris' refers to as
great achievemnts:
Eris wrote:
> Besides ignorance, cruelty, neurosis, and cannibalism.
Go, Tiger

-7/9 n n + 1.76666666 + 2/

<marty.musatov@gmail.com>
Sep 5, 2009, 2:05:33 AM9/5/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
Musatov

ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com

<ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com>
Sep 5, 2009, 10:06:49 AM9/5/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Sep 4, 11:06 am, Eris <vith...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Besides ignorance, cruelty, neurosis, and cannibalism.

Exorcism.

http://www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/jesus-casts-out-demons-and-turns-them-to-pigs-faq.htm

Steve in Virginia

<chandler2368@hotmail.com>
Sep 5, 2009, 4:44:19 PM9/5/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
Effective weapons against vampires!

Steve

Oh, wait...vampires are real either. Damn!

On Sep 4, 11:06 am, Eris <vith...@gmail.com> wrote:

philosophy

<smwilson@tpg.com.au>
Sep 5, 2009, 7:10:36 PM9/5/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
Indulgences and the expectation of payment
for things such as masses etc......
ie. Keep them poor!!!!

Eris

<vithant@gmail.com>
Sep 5, 2009, 10:23:58 PM9/5/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
I read an article that was about the first college. It was created
because the king of England was tired of being cheated by the Catholic
Church and told the Pope that if the Catholic Church did not teach his
nobles how to read and write he would kill every clergyman in England

philosophy

<smwilson@tpg.com.au>
Sep 6, 2009, 1:43:57 AM9/6/09
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Sep 6, 12:23 pm, Eris <vith...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I read an article that was about the first college. It was created
> because the king of England was tired of being cheated by the Catholic
> Church and told the Pope that if the Catholic Church did not teach his
> nobles how to read and write he would kill every clergyman in England

Must have been before Henry 8ths time. He just took over control
so he could divorce his wife.

Brock

<brockorgan@gmail.com>
Sep 8, 2009, 11:06:23 PM9/8/09
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Sep 4, 11:06 am, Eris <vith...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Besides ignorance, cruelty, neurosis, and cannibalism.

Perhaps the accusation is loaded; of course, I like how the Confession
puts it:

"The liberty which Christ hath purchased for believers under the
gospel consists in their freedom from the guilt of sin, the condemning
wrath of God, the curse of the moral law; and in their being delivered
from this present evil world, bondage to Satan, and dominion of sin,
from the evil of afflictions, the sting of death, the victory of the
grave, and everlasting damnation; as also in their free access to God,
and their yielding obedience unto him, not out of slavish fear, but a
childlike love, and a willing mind."

http://www.reformed.org/documents/westminster_conf_of_faith.html#chap20

Regards,

Brock

Eris

<vithant@gmail.com>
Sep 8, 2009, 11:26:51 PM9/8/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
But Brock

God does not exist
The Christ does not exist
Sin does not exist
The devil is a marketing ploy which does not exist as is damnation.

Brock Organ

<brockorgan@gmail.com>
Sep 9, 2009, 2:24:40 PM9/9/09
On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 11:26 PM, Eris<vit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> God does not exist
> The Christ does not exist
> Sin does not exist
> The devil is a marketing ploy which does not exist as is damnation.

Certainly the Bible articulates a contrasting position:

"The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His
commandments, because this applies to every person. For God will bring
every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good
or evil."

http://nasb.scripturetext.com/ecclesiastes/12.htm

Regards,

Brock

Walt

<wkaras@yahoo.com>
Sep 9, 2009, 2:39:10 PM9/9/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
Since Atheist Communist China is a more evil country than the
predominantly-Christian US, doesn't that mean that there are worse
sources of evil than Christianity that you should focus your attention
on? There's plenty of ignorance, cruelty and neurosis in China. And
I think there's been some actual cannibalism there, as opposed to
symbolic cannibalism.

On Sep 4, 11:06 am, Eris <vith...@gmail.com> wrote:

Raven

<axel.grude@googlemail.com>
Sep 9, 2009, 3:10:34 PM9/9/09
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Sep 4, 4:06 pm, Eris <vith...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Besides ignorance, cruelty, neurosis, and cannibalism.

George W Bush as president, Intelligent Design/Creationism and the
bible belt

Brock Organ

<brockorgan@gmail.com>
Sep 9, 2009, 3:44:13 PM9/9/09
On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Raven<axel....@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 4, 4:06 pm, Eris <vith...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Besides ignorance, cruelty, neurosis, and cannibalism.
>
> George W Bush as president,

*sigh* :)

> and the
> bible belt

*sigh* :))

Regards,

Brock

Math is whirling a wish hook of numbers at letters trying to catch words

<marty.musatov@gmail.com>
Sep 9, 2009, 10:40:29 PM9/9/09
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Sep 9, 12:44 pm, Brock Organ <brockor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Raven<axel.gr...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > On Sep 4, 4:06 pm, Eris <vith...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Besides ignorance, cruelty, neurosis, and cannibalism.
>
> > George W Bush as president,
>
> *sigh* :)
>
> > and the
> > bible belt
>
> *sigh* :))
>
> Regards,
>
> Brock

Christianity has fed those who are hungry

November 16, 1998

Convoy of Hope, a national food ministry to the urban poor, is
expanding beyond one-day food giveaways to coordinate week long,
citywide events that mobilize volunteers to shower inner-city
neighborhoods with good works and the gospel.

The first event, called "We Care, L.A.," will unite churches and
potentially thousands of volunteers on the last week of 1999 to blitz
Los Angeles with acts of kindness. Christians will visit hospitals;
clean up parks; paint buildings; comfort the lonely; and deliver free
groceries, toys, or clothing.

"We want to be a catalyst," says David Donaldson, one of three
brothers who helps lead Church Care America, the ministry that founded
the Convoy of Hope. "God has already raised up an army of volunteers
in Los Angeles. We Care, L.A. will integrate their efforts."

The foundation for We Care has been laid by Convoy of Hope, which has
grown exponentially since conducting its first major food outreach in
1995. Convoy events take place on a Saturday, bringing together
resources from the evangelical community and making them available to
the poor at a gathering that is part food giveaway, part tent revival,
and part carnival. The two consistent features of each event are a
semitrailer full of food, bagged and distributed by volunteers, and a
series of brief tent services conducted by a slate of local pastors.
One of the ministry's goals is to "make the inner-city pastor a hero
in his community," says Steve Donaldson, one of the brothers leading
ChurchCare America, which has offices in Springfield, Missouri, and
Sacramento, California. Follow-up events pull new Christians and
potential churchgoers back to church on Sunday.

Convoy of Hope has distributed 4.6 million pounds of food to 311,000
people

4.6 million pounds of food to 311,000 people

But as Christ reveres them others revere him

TLANTA ISLAMIC COMMUNITY TO DONATE UP TO 2,000 POUNDS OF FOOD TO ...

... natasha...@ACFB.org ATLANTA ISLAMIC COMMUNITY TO DONATE UP TO
2,000 POUNDS OF FOOD TO ... The story, which is also shared by many
religions including Judaism and Christianity ...

* www.acfb.org/communications/media/releases/Islamic_Donation_Media_Advisory_​2006.pdf

As far as adherents;;;;;

spoken

http://www.meami.org/?cx=000961116824240632825%3A5n3yth9xwbo&cof=FORID%3A9%3B+NB%3A1&ie=UTF-8&q=Jesus+Catholic+statistics+Martin+-luther+Michael&sa=Search#1144

Sebastian

<meznaric@gmail.com>
Sep 10, 2009, 7:45:58 AM9/10/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
Really? And what do you base your conclusion that China is more evil
than the US on? Neither China nor America have any respect for human
rights. Both work only for their own profit and interest. I fail to
see a significant difference.

Walt

<wkaras@yahoo.com>
Sep 10, 2009, 10:14:20 AM9/10/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
Where would you rather live?

Sebastian

<meznaric@gmail.com>
Sep 19, 2009, 10:40:52 PM9/19/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
Good question. If I could choose anywhere, I'd stay in Europe.

Walt

<wkaras@yahoo.com>
Sep 21, 2009, 5:32:33 PM9/21/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
I mean, if you had to choose between China and the US. Assuming that,
whichever country you chose you'd have an income with an equivalent
buying power.

Neil Kelsey

<neil_kelsey@hotmail.com>
Sep 21, 2009, 5:54:30 PM9/21/09
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Sep 21, 2:32 pm, Walt <wka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I mean, if you had to choose between China and the US.  Assuming that,
> whichever country you chose you'd have an income with an equivalent
> buying power.

What part of China and what part of the USA? I mean, if it's a choice
between some urban blight ramshackle dump in Detroit or a modern
upscale apartment in Shanghai, I'll take China. China is becoming a
happening place.

> On Sep 19, 10:40 pm, Sebastian <mezna...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Good question. If I could choose anywhere, I'd stay in Europe.
>
> > On Sep 10, 3:14 pm, Walt <wka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > Where would you rather live?

Dead Kennedy

<dead.kennedy1@googlemail.com>
Sep 21, 2009, 6:01:13 PM9/21/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
thankyou for not conforming to the our european stereotype of the self
centered, uncultured yank.

see walt, you dont *have* to be an arsehole.

neil, your going to say your canadian now, arnt you?

Neil Kelsey

<neil_kelsey@hotmail.com>
Sep 21, 2009, 6:18:44 PM9/21/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Sep 21, 3:01 pm, Dead Kennedy <dead.kenne...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> thankyou for not conforming to the our european stereotype of the self
> centered, uncultured yank.
>
> see walt, you dont *have* to be an arsehole.
>
> neil, your going to say your canadian now, arnt you?

hah hahahhaa! Well...maybe.

But for what it's worth, there are hundreds of Americans that I've
worked with on projects in China who love it there. I think you can
find the usual ratio of xenophobes like Walt in any population.

Simon Ewins

<sjewins@gmail.com>
Sep 21, 2009, 6:40:58 PM9/21/09
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com
I lived in Dalian for a couple of years and loved it (5,000,000 people
and almost no one has heard of it!!). The differences between the
haves and have-nots is more obvious there but it was a vital,
energetic, thriving city. Marvelous restaurants and night-life,
incredibly friendly and helpful people.

I also spent time in Beijing and found it remarkably safe and friendly
for such a huge city (I was lucky enough to be able to the almost
legendary "alleys" area before they destroyed it for the olympics
buildings. I live in Canada now but, no offense to my American
friends, I would choose China over the US right now. The growth there
is amazing. Lots of opportunity. There is also a growing underground
movement towards democracy which wouldn't surprise me to become actual
by the end of the century.

Just my two cents. As you were.

2009/9/21 Neil Kelsey <neil_...@hotmail.com>:
--
.: No Gods - No Masters :.
.:

Neil Kelsey

<neil_kelsey@hotmail.com>
Sep 21, 2009, 7:04:11 PM9/21/09
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Sep 21, 3:40 pm, Simon Ewins <sjew...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I lived in Dalian for a couple of years and loved it (5,000,000 people
> and almost no one has heard of it!!). The differences between the
> haves and have-nots is more obvious there but it was a vital,
> energetic, thriving city. Marvelous restaurants and night-life,
> incredibly friendly and helpful people.
>
> I also spent time in Beijing and found it remarkably safe and friendly
> for such a huge city (I was lucky enough to be able to the almost
> legendary "alleys" area before they destroyed it for the olympics
> buildings. I live in Canada now.

Yeah? Me too - well, I've always lived here. Where are you, if you
don't mind my asking? You ain't one of them no-good pinko draft
dodgers, are you? ;)

> but, no offense to my American
> friends, I would choose China over the US right now. The growth there
> is amazing.

My Dad was just on a business trip through there, and I was talking to
him over Messenger, so I could see his hotel rooms (out of this
world), and some of the local sights. He went way into the interior,
and has nothing but good things to say.

> Lots of opportunity. There is also a growing underground
> movement towards democracy which wouldn't surprise me to become actual
> by the end of the century.
>
> Just my two cents. As you were.

I've barricaded my doors in case of an ambush.

> 2009/9/21 Neil Kelsey <neil_kel...@hotmail.com>:
> a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."- Hide quoted text -

Simon Ewins

<sjewins@gmail.com>
Sep 21, 2009, 7:39:52 PM9/21/09
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com
2009/9/21 Neil Kelsey <neil_...@hotmail.com>:

> On Sep 21, 3:40 pm, Simon Ewins <sjew...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I also spent time in Beijing and found it remarkably safe and friendly
>> for such a huge city (I was lucky enough to be able to the almost
>> legendary "alleys" area before they destroyed it for the olympics
>> buildings. I live in Canada now.
>
> Yeah? Me too - well, I've always lived here. Where are you, if you
> don't mind my asking? You ain't one of them no-good pinko draft
> dodgers, are you? ;)

Nah. Although I a few friends that came here from America in the 60's
and are still here. I live in Toronto. Danforth and Donlands area
(East Mid-Town if you don't know Toronto). You?

Neil Kelsey

<neil_kelsey@hotmail.com>
Sep 21, 2009, 7:43:20 PM9/21/09
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Sep 21, 4:39 pm, Simon Ewins <sjew...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/9/21 Neil Kelsey <neil_kel...@hotmail.com>:
Vancouver.

Observer

<mayorskid@gmail.com>
Sep 21, 2009, 10:04:42 PM9/21/09
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Sep 9, 11:24 am, Brock Organ <brockor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 11:26 PM, Eris<vith...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > God does not exist
> > The Christ does not exist
> > Sin does not exist
> > The devil is a marketing ploy which does not exist as is damnation.
>
> Certainly the Bible articulates a contrasting position:

Observer
Certainly the Bible articulates thousands of untruths , fragmentary
deceptions , and false promises the better to confound humanities
quest for knowledge and in perpetuation of the unholy priest craft !

> "The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His
> commandments, because this applies to every person.

Observer
The priest craft would have you so believe as it serves their criminal
intent.

For God will bring
> every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good
> or evil."

Observer
Then Brock , in regard to the vileness and psychotic filth that you
say lies at the center of your very being such a day must be held by
you with horrifying fear of discovery. I have never known a person so
convinced of the corruptness of his own nature so intense as is
yours.

I am persuaded that you are absolutely correct and deserve to be
tortured for eternity just based upon your confession to us here.

In fact If you would like I will be glad to assist in a crucifixion
for the purpose of assuaging your guilt and helping you avoid
responsibility for being the monster you have become. Of course your
people and my people will have to meet and all the proper release
forms must be signed.

Just a formality , you understand.

Ha ha Ha Ha ha Ha

You are indeed a pig.

Psychonomist

> http://nasb.scripturetext.com/ecclesiastes/12.htm
>
> Regards,
>
> Brock

Kent

<musquodster@gmail.com>
Sep 21, 2009, 10:25:38 PM9/21/09
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Sep 21, 4:43 pm, Neil Kelsey <neil_kel...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 21, 4:39 pm, Simon Ewins <sjew...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 2009/9/21 Neil Kelsey <neil_kel...@hotmail.com>:
>
> > > On Sep 21, 3:40 pm, Simon Ewins <sjew...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Vancouver.

You must be one of those people who are afraid that when they die they
will have no better place to go to.

Neil Kelsey

<neil_kelsey@hotmail.com>
Sep 21, 2009, 10:41:59 PM9/21/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
Hee hee. Been here, have you?

JFG

<thelemiccatholic@gmail.com>
Sep 21, 2009, 11:24:24 PM9/21/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
St. Aaron
St. Abadios
St. Abadir
St. Abadiu
St. Abaidas, (known as Abadias)
St. Abakerazum
St. Abakuh (Apa Kauh)
St. Aba Mina
St. Abamon (Apa Pamun)
St. Abanoub
St. Aba Salamah, (Frumentius)
St. Abba Capito
St. Abba Isa
St. Abba Julian
St. Abban
St. Abban
St. Abban of Murnevin
St. Abbo
St. Abbo
St. Abda
St. Abdas
St. Abdiesus
St. Abdon
St. Abel
St. Abeluzius

St. Abercius Marcellus
St. Aberoh (Aburom, Arianus)
St. Abhor (Amba Hor)
St. Abibas
St. Abibas
St. Abibus
St. Abidianus
St. Abilius
St. Abilius
St. Abilius
St. Abilus
St. Abra
St. Abraham
St. Abraham
St. Abraham
St. Abraham
Sts. Abrahamites
St. Abraham Kidunaja
St. Abraham of Carrhae
St. Abraham of Kratia
St. Abraham of Rostov
St. Abraham of Smolensk
St. Abraham the Poor or Abraham the Child
St. Abraham the Poor
St. Abran
St. Abreha and Atzbeha (Aizan and Sazana)
St. Absadah
St. Absadi
St. Abudimus
St. Abuna (Frumentius)
St. Abuna Frumentius of Ethiopia
St. Abundius
St. Abundius
St. Abundius
St. Abundius
St. Aburom
St. Acacius
St. Acacius
St. Acacius
St. Acca
St. Accidia
St. Acculus
St. Aceolus
St. Acepsimas
St. Acepsimas
St. Acepsius
St. Acestes
St. Acha the Confessor
St. Acharius
St. Achatius
St. Achillas
St. Achillas
St. Achillas
St. Achillas
St. Achillas
St. Achillas of Alexandria
Sts. Nereus & Achilleus
St. Achilleus
St. Achilleus Kewanuka
St. Acirianus
St. Acisclus
St. Acius
St. Acllinus
St. Acrates (Aragawi)
St. Acyndinus
St. Ada
St. Ada
St. Adalar
St. Adalard
St. Adalbald of Ostrevant
St. Adalbero
Bl. Adalbero
St. Adalbert
St. Adalbert of Magdeburg
St. Adalbert of Prague
St. Adalgis
St. Adalgis
St. Adalgott
St. Adalsindis
St. Adalsindis
St. Adam
St. Adamnan
St. Adamnan of Coldingham
St. Adauctus
St. Adaucus
St. Addal
St. Adela
St. Adela
St. Adela
St. Adelaide
St. Adelaide
St. Adelaide of Bellich
St. Adelard
St. Adele
St. Adelelmus
St. Adelina
Blessed Adeline
St. Adeloga
St. Adelphius
St. Adelphius the ‘Confessor.’
St. Adelphus
St. Adelphus
St. Adeodatus
St. Adeodatus II
St. Aderald
St. Adheritus
St. Adjutor
St. Adjutor
St. Adolf of Osnabruck
Sts. Adolphus and John
St. Adolphus Ludigo-Mkasa
St. Ado of Vienne
St. Adrian
Bl. Adrian
St. Adrian II
Adrian III
St. Adrian IV
St. Adrian V
St. Adrian
St. Adrian
St. Adrian
St. Adrian, Abbot
Bl. Adrian Fortescue
St. Adrian III
Adrianus
St. Adrian Van Hilvarenbeek
St. Adrio
St. Adulf
Sts. Adulph and John
St. Adventor
St. Aedesius
St. Aedesius
St. Aedh MacBricc
St. Aelred of Rievaulx
St. Aemilianus (Emilian)
St. Aengus
St. Aetherius
St. Afa Marjam, (Simeon)
St. Afan
St. Afra
St. Afra
St. Africanus
St. Africus
St. Agabius
St. Agabus
St. Aganus
St. Agape
St. Agape
St. Agapitus
St. Agapitus
St. Agapitus
St. Agapius
St. Agapius
St. Agapius
St. Agatha
St. Agatha Kwon Chin-i
St. Agatha Kwon Chin-i
St. Agatha
St. Agatha Lin
St. Agathangelo Noury
St. Agathangelus
St. Agatho
St. Agatho
St. Agatho
St. Agathocles
St. Agathoclia
St. Agathon
St. Agathopus
St. Agathus
St. Ageranus
St. Agericus
St. Agia
St. Agia
St. Agilbert
St. Agilberta
St. Agileus
St. Agilulfus
St. Agilus
Bl. Agnello of Pisa
St. Agnellus
St. Agnellus of Pisa
St. Agnes
St. Agnes of Assisi
St. Agnes of Bohemia
St. Agnes De
St. Agnes of Assisi
St. Agnes of Boheinia
St. Agnes of Montepulciano
St. Agnes of Poitiers
St. Agnes of Rome
Bl. Agnes Takea
Bl. Agnes Tsao-Kouy
St. Agobard
St. Agofredus
St. Agrecius
St. Agricola
St. Agricola
St. Agricolus
St. Agrippina
St. Agrippinus
St. AIban of Mainz
St. Aibert
St. Aichardus
St. Aidan
St. Aidan of Lindisfarne
St. Aidan of Ferns
St. Aidric
St. Aigulf
St. Aigulf
St. Ailbhe
St. Aileran
St. Aimo
St. Aizan and Sazana (Abreha and Atzbeha)
St. Ajuture
Bl. Alan de la Roche
St. Alban
St. Alban Bartholomew Roe
St. Alban of Britain
St. Alberic
St. Alberic
St. Alberic Crescitelli
Bl. Albert of Bergamo
Bl. Albert of Clatina
St. Albert the Great
St. Albertinus
St. Albert of Jerusalem
St. Albert of Magdeburg
Bl. Alberto Marvelli
Bl. Albert of Bergamo
St. Albert of Cashel
St. Albert of Como
St. Albert of Gambron
St. Albert of Genoa
St. Albert of Jerusalem
St. Albert of Louvain
St. Albert of Montecorvino
St. Albert of Trapani
St. Albina
St. Albinus
St. Albinus
St. Alburga
St. Alcmund
Bl. Alcuin
St. Aldate
St. Aldebrandus
St. Aldegunais
St. Aldemar
St. Aldericus
St. Aldhelm
St. Aldo
St. Aleaunie

St. Alena
St. Alexander
St. Alexander
St. ALEXANDER
St. Alexander I
St. Alexander
St. Alexander
St. Alexander
St. Alexander
Alexander II
St. Alexander
St. Alexander
St. Alexander
Alexander III
St. Alexander
St. Alexander
St. Alexander
Alexander IV
St. Alexander
St. Alexander
St. Alexander
St. Alexander
St. Alexander Akimetes
St. Alexander the Bishop
Bl. Alexander Briant
Sts. Alexander, Heraclins, and Companions
St. Alexander
St. Alexander
St. Alexander of Gaza
St. Alexander of Kemet
St. Alexander
St. Alexander Nevski
St. Alexander of Alexandria
St. Alexander of Comana
St. Alexander of Constantinople
Bl. Alexander of Lugo
Bl. Alexander Rawlins
St. Alexander Sauli
St. Alexander the Soldier
St. Alexander
St. Alexander
St. Alexander
St. Alexander
St. Alexandra and Companions
St. Alexandra
St. Alexandra of Alexandria
St. Alexandrian Martyrs
Bl. Alexandrina Maria da Costa
St. Alexis
St. Alexis Falconieri
Bl. Alexius
Bl. Alexius Nakamura
St. Aleydis
St. Alfanus
St. Alfreda
St. Alfred the Great
St. Alfrick
St. Alfwold
St. Alice
St. Alipius

Bl. Alix Le Clercq
St. Alkeld
St. Allerius
St. Allucio
St. Almachius
St. Almedha
St. Almirus
St. Almus
St. Alnoth
St. Alodia
St. Aloysius Gonzaga
St. Alphaeus
St. Alphaeus
St. Alphege
St. Alphege (Elphege)
St. Alphege
St. Alphius
St. Alphonsus
Bls. Alphonsus Navarette, Ferdinand Ayala, and Leo Tanaca
Bl. Alphonsus de Mena
Bl. Alphonsus de Orozco
Bl. Alphonsus de Vaena
St. Alphonsus Marie Liguori
St. Alphonsus Rodriguez
St. Airick
St. Altfrid
Sts. Altigianus and Hilarinus
St. Altinus
St. Altman
St. Alto
St. Alvarez
St. Alvarez of Corova
Bl. Alvarez of Córdoba
St. Alverius
St. Alvitus
St. Alypius
St. Amabilis
St. Amabilis
Bl. Amadeus IX of Savoy
Bl. Amadeus of Lausanne
St. Amadour
St. Amaethlu
St. Amalberga
St. Amalberga
St. Amand
St. Amandus
St. Amantius
St. Amantius
St. Amantius
St. Amarand
St. Amaranthus
St. Amarinus
ST. Amasius
St. Amaswinthus
St. Amata
Bl. Amata
St. Amator
St. Amator
St. Amator
St. Amatus
St. Amatus
St. Amatus
St. Amba Agatho the Silent, Abraham
St. Amba Baula the Just (Paul)
St. Amba Betra (Peter)
St. Amba Hor
St. Amba Paphnutius
St. Amba Shenudi
St. Ambrose
St. Ambrose
St. Ambrose of Alexandria
St. Ambrose Aut-pert
St. Ambrose Edward Barlow
Bl. Ambrose Fernandez
St. Ambrose Kibuka
St. Ambrose Kibuka
St. Ambytianus
St. Amedeus
St. Amelberga
St. Amelberga
St. Amelberga
St. Amicus
St. Amicus
St. Ammon
St. Ammon
Ammon, the Great
St. Ammon
St. Ammon
St. Ammon
St. Ammon and Serapion
St. Ammonaria
St. Ammonas
St. Ammonius
St. Ammonius
St. Amo
St. Amor
St. Amor of Amorbach
St. Amor of Aquitaine
Bls. Amparo Rosat Balasch and Maria del Calvario Romero Clariana
St. Ampelius
St. Ampellius
St. Ampelus
St. Amphianus
St. Amphibalus
St. Amphilocus
St. Amphion
St. Ampliatus
St. Amulwinus
St. Amunia
St. Anacharius
Blessed Anacleto González Flores and 8 Companions
St. Anacletus
St. Anacletus II
St. Ananias
St. Ananias II
St. Ananias III
St. Anastasia
St. Anastasia II
St. Anastasia III
St. Anastasia Patricia
St. Anastasia the Patrician
St. Anastasius
Anastasius I
St. Anastasius X
St. Anastasius XI
St. Anastasius XII
St. Anastasius XIII
St. Anastasius XIV
St. Anastasius XV
St. Anastasius XVI
St. Anastasius XVII
St. Anastasius XVIII
St. Anastasius XIX
Anastasius II
St. Anastasius XX
St. Anastasius
Anastasius III
Anastasius IV
St. Anastasius V
St. Anastasius VI
St. Anastasius VII
St. Anastasius VIII
St. Anastasius IX
St. Anastasius Cornicularius
St. Anastasius the Fuller
St. Anastasius the Sinaite
St. Anathalon
St. Anatole Kiriggwajjo
St. Anatolia
St. Anatolius
St. Anatolius
St. Anatolius
St. Anatolius
St. Andeolus
St. Andochius
Bl. Andre Bessette
Blessed Andrés Solá Molist
St. Andrew
St. Andrew Chong Hwa-Gyong
St. Andrew Chong Hwa-Gyong
Bl. Andrew Hibernon
Bl. Andrew of Strumi
Bl. Andrew Segni (of Anagni)
St. Andrew Thong Kim Nguyen
St. Andrew Trong Van Tran
St. Andrew
St. Andrew
St. Andrew
St. Andrew and Companions
St. Andrew Avellino
St. Andrew Bobola
St. Andrew Corsini
St. Andrew Dotti
St. Andrew Dun-Lac
St. Andrew Dung Lac
St. Andrew Kagwa
Sts. Andrew Kim Taegon, Paul Chong Hasang, and Companions
St. Andrew Nam-Thuong
Bl. Andrew Oexner of Riun
St. Andrew of Crete
Bl. Andrew of Segni
St. Andrew of Trier
Bl. Andrew Sushinda
St. Andrew the Scot
St. Andrew theTribune
Bl. Andrew Tokuan
St. Andrew Trong
St. Andrew Wouters
St. Andrew Zorard
St. Andronicus
St. Anectus
St. Angadresma
Blessed Ángel Darío Acosta Zurita
St. Angela Merici
Bl. Angela of Foligno
St. Angelelmus
Beato Angelico
St. Angelo
Bl. Angelo Augustine of Florence
Bl. Angelo of Borgo San Sepolcro
Bl. Angelo of Chivasso
Bl. Angelus of Acri
Bl. Angelus Orsucci
St. Angilbert
St. Angilbert
St. Anglinus
St. Angus MacNisse
St. Anianas
St. Anianus
St. Anianus
St. Anicetus
St. Anicetus
St. Aninus
St. Anna the Prophetess
Sts. Joachim and Anne
Bl. Anne Catherine Emmerick

Bl. Anne of Saint Bartholomew
St. Anne
St. Anne
Bl. Anne Jahouvey
St. Anne Line
Bl. Anne Mary Taigi
St. Annemund
St. Anno
St. Annobert
Bl. Annunciata Cocchetti
St. Ansanus
St. Ansbald
St. Ansbert
St. Ansegisus
St. Anselm
St. Anselm of Lucca
St. Anselm
St. Anselm of Lucca
St. Anselm of Nonantola
St. Ansfrid
St. Ansgar
St. Ansillo
St. Anskar
St. Ansovinus
St. Anstrudis
St. Ansueris
St. Ansuinus
St. Ansurius
St. Anterus
St. Anthelm
St. Anthimus
St. Antholian
St. Anthony
Bl. Anthony Baldinucci
Bl. Anthony of Amandola
Bl. Anthony of Hungary
Bl. Anthony of Stroncone
St. Anthony, Merulus, and John
St. Anthony, Merulus, and John
Bl. Anthony
St. Anthony the Abbot
Bl. Anthony Baldinucci
St. Anthony Dainan
St. Anthony Daniel
Bl. Anthony della Chiesa
Bl. Anthony Fantosat
Bl. Anthony Francisco
St. Anthony the Great of Thebes
St. Anthony the Hermit
St. Anthony Ishida
St. Anthony Kauleas
Bl. Anthony Kimura
Bl. Anthony Kiun
Bl. Anthony Manzi
St. Anthony Mary Claret
St. Anthony Mary Gianelli
St. Anthony Mary Pucci
St. Anthony Mary Zaccaria
Bl. Anthony Middleton
St. Anthony Nam-Quynh
Bl. Anthony Neyrot
Bl. Anthony of Korea
St. Anthony of Saxony
Bl. Anthony of St. Bonaventure
Bl. Anthony of Tuy
St. Anthony of Padua
St. Anthony Pechersky
St. Anthony Peter Dich
St. Anthony Primaldi
Bl. Anthony Sanga
Bl. Anthony Turner
Bl. Anthony Vom
St. Anthusa
St. Anthusa the Younger
St. Antidius
St. Antilnus
St. Antiochus
St. Antipas
Bl. Antoinette Roussel
Bl. Anton Maria Schwartz
St. Antoninus
St. Antoninus
St. Antoninus
St. Antoninus of Sorrento
St. Antonio Vieira
St. Anysia
St. Anysius
St. Apelles
St. Aphraates
St. Aphrodisius
St. Aphrodisius
St. Apollinaris
St. Apollinaris
St. Apollinaris
St. Apollinaris
St. Apollinaris
St. Apollinaris Franco
St. Apollinaris Sidonius
St. Apollinaris Syncletica
St. Apollo
St. Apollo and Companions
St. Apollonia
St. Apollonius
St. Apollonius
St. Apollonius
St. Apollonius
St. Apollonius the Apologist
St. Aponius
Apostle of the Gentiles
The Apostles
Apostles of England
Apostles of Erin (Ireland)
Apostles of Rome
St. Appian
St. Appian
St. Apronia
St. Apronian
St. Aprus
St. Apuleius
St. Aquila
St. Aquila
St. Aquilina
St. Aquilina
St. Aquilinus
St. Aquilinus
St. Aquilinus
St. Arator
St. Arator
St. Arbogast
St. Arcadius
St. Arcadius
St. Arcadius and Companions
Bl. Archangela Girlani
St. Archelais and Companions
St. Archelaus
St. Archippus
St. Arcontius
St. Ardalion
St. Ardanus
St. Ardo
St. Arduinus
St. Arduinus
St. Aredius
St. Aresius and Companions
St. Aretas and Companions
St. Arethas and Companions
St. Aretius
St. Argeus
St. Argymirus
St. Ariadne
St. Arialdus
St. Arian and Companions
St. Arigius
St. Arilda
St. Aristarchus
St. Aristides
St. Aristion
St. Aristobulus
St. Ariston and Companions
St. Armagillus
St. Armentarius
St. Armentarius
St. Armogastes and Companions
Bl. Arnaldo Catani
St. Arnold
St. Arnold Jansen
St. Arnulf
St. Arnulf
St. Arnulf
St. Arnulf
St. Arnulf
St. Arnulf
St. Arnulf
St. Arsacius
St. Arsenius
St. Arsenius the Great
St. Artaldus
St. Artaxus
St. Artemas
St. Artemas
St. Artemius
St. Artemius
St. Artemius
St. Arthelais
St. Arwald
St. Asaph
St. Ascelina
Bl. Ascension of the Heart of Jesus Nicol Goni
St. Asclas
St. Asclepiades
St. Asella
St. Ashley
St. Asicus
St. Aspasius
St. Aspren
St. Asteria
St. Astericus
St. Astericus
St. Astericus and Companions
St. Astericus
St. Astius
St. Athanasia
St. Athanasius
St. Athanasius
St. Athanasius
St. Athanasius
St. Athanasius
St. Athanasius
St. Athanasius
St. Athanasius Badzekuketta
St. Athanasius the Athonite
St. Athelm
St. Athenodorus
St. Athenodorus
St. Athenogenes
St. Atilano Cruz Alvarado
St. Attala
St. Attalas
St. Attalia
St. Atticus
St. Atticus
St. Attilanus
St. Atto
St. Atto
St. Atto
St. Attracta
St. Aubin
St. Auctus
St. Augulus
St. Augusta
St. Augustalus
St. Augustine of Canterbury
St. Augustine of Hippo
St. Augustine Moi
St. Augustine of Huy
Bl. Augustine Ota
St. Augustine Webster
Bl. Augusto Czartoryski
St. Augustus
St. Augustus Chapdelaine
St. Augustus Schoffler
St. Aurea
St. Aurea
St. Aurea
St. Aurea
St. Aurea
St. Aurelia
St. Aurelian
St. Aurelian
St. Aurelian
St. Aurelius
St. Aureus
St. Ausonius
St. Auspicius
St. Austell
St. Austindus
St. Austreberta
St. Austregisilus
St. Austremonius
St. Autbert
St. Autbert
St. Autbod (Aubeu)
St. Autbodus
St. Authaire
St. Autonomous
St. Autor
St. Autus
St. Auxanus
St. Auxentius
St. Auxentius
St. Auxibius
St. Ava
St. Aventanus
St. Aventine of Troyes
St. Aventinus
St. Aventinus of Chartres
Bls. Avertanus and Romaeus
St. Aviates
St. Avitus
St. Avitus
St. Avitus
St. Avitus I of Clermont
St. Avitus II of Clermont
St. Avitus of Vienne
St. Aymard
St. Azas and Companions
St. Baamin
St. Babylas
St. Badilo
St. Badulfus
St. Baglan
St. Bagne
St. Baithin
St. Balbina
St. Balda
St. Baldegundis
St. Balderic
St. Baldomerus
St. Baldred
St. Baldwin
St. Baldwin
St. Balin
Bl. Balthasar de Torres
St. Balther
St. Bandaridus
St. Baradates
St. Barbara
St. Barbasymas
St. Barbatian
St. Barbatus
St. Bardo

St. Barhadbesciabas
St. Baricus
St. Barlaam
St. Barlaam
St. Barlaam
St. Barnabas
St. Barnard
St. Barrfoin
St. Barrog
St. Barsabas
St. Barsabas
St. Barsanuphius
St. Barsimaeus
St. Bartholomea Capitanjo
St. Bartholomew
Bl. Bartholomew of Cervere
St. Bartholomew Alvarez
St. Bartholomew Buonpedoni
Bl. Bartholomew Gutierrez
Bl. Bartholomew
Bl. Bartholomew Monfiore
St. Bartholomew of Fame
St. Bartholomew of Rossano
Bl. Bartholomew Sheki
Bl. Bartholomew Shikiemon
Bl. Bartolo (Bartholomew) of San Gimignano
St. Barypsabas
St. Basicicus of Kemet (Egypt)
St. Basil
St. Basil
St. Basil
St. Basil and Companions
St. Basileus
St. Basileus and Companions
St. Basil the Great
St. Basilides
St. Basilides
St. Basilides and Companions
St. Basilides and Companions
St. Basiliscus
St. Basilissa
St. Basilissa
St. Basilissa
St. Basilla
St. Basilla
St. Basil of Ancyra
St. Basil the Younger
St. Basinus
St. Basolus
St. Bassa and Companions
St. Bassian
St. Bassus
St. Bassus and Companions
St. Bastamonus (Bastammonius)
St. Bastmus
St. Basura
St. Bathildis
St. Bathus and Companions
St. Baudacarius
St. Baudacarius
St. Baudelius
St. Bavo
St. Bean
St. Beatrice da Silva Meneses
St. Beatrix da Silva
St. Beatus
St. Beatus
St. Beatus of Vendome
St. Beauch (Bagug)
St. Bebnuda (Paphnutius)
St. Becan
St. Becan
Venerable Bede
St. Bega
St. Begga
St. Belina
St. Bellinus

St. Benedict
Benedict I
Benedict X
Bl. Benedict X
Benedict XII
St. Benedict II
Benedict III
Benedict IV
Benedict V
Benedict VI
Benedict VII
Benedict VIII
St. Benedict
Benedict IX
St. Benedicta
St. Benedicta
St. Benedicta
St. Benedict and Companions
St. Benedict Biscop
St. Benedict the Black
St. Benedict Crispus
St. Benedict Joseph Labré
St. Benedict of Nursia
St. Benedict of Aniane
St. Benedict of Cagliari
St. Benedict of Campania
St. Benedict of Macerac
St. Benedict of Sebaste
St. Benedict of Szkalka
St. Benedict Revelli
St. Benedict the Moor
St. Benignus
St. Benignus
St. Benignus
St. Benignus
St. Benignus
St. Benignus
St. Benilde
St. Benilde Romancon
St. Benildis
St. Benjamin
St. Benjamin the Great of Nitra
St. Benno
Bl. Benno
Bl. Benvenuto of Gubbio
St. Benvenutus Scotivoli
St. Beoadh
St. Beoadh
St. Beoc
St. Beocca
St. Berach
St. Berarius
St. Bercharius
St. Bercthun
St. Beregisius
St. Berencardus
Bl. Berka Zdislava
St. Berlinda
St. Bernadette
St. Bernadette Soubirous

St. Bernard
St. Bernard of Clairvaux
St. Bernard degli Uberti
St. Bernard Due
St. Bernardine of Siena
St. Bernardino Realino
St. Bernard of Montjoux
St. Bernard of Arce
St. Bernard of Bagnorea
St. Bernard of Calvo
St. Bernard of Carinola
St. Bernard of Valdeiglesias
St. Bernard Valeara
St. Berno
St. Bernward
St. Beronicus
St. Bertha
St. Bertha
St. Bertha
St. Bertha
St. Berthaldus
St. Berthane
St. Bertharius
St. Berthoald
St. Berthold
St. Berthold
St. Bertilia
St. Bertilia
St. Bertilla Boscardin
St. Bertin
St. Bertinus
St. Bertoara
St. Bertrand
St. Bertrand
St. Bertrand
St. Bertrand of Comminges
St. Bertuin
St. Bertulf
St. Beshada (Abshadius, Psote)
St. Besinta
St. Bessarian
St. Bessarion

St. Bessarion the Great, Thaumaturgies
St. Bessis
St. Besuss
St. Betharius
St. Bettelin
St. Betto
St. Beuno
St. Beyoka (Bejoka)
St. Bhai Anub
St. Bibiana
St. Bichier
St. Bicor
Bidshimi
St. Bieuzy
Bifamon
St. Bikabes (Bicabus)
St. Bilfrid
St. Bilhild
St. Birillus
St. Birinus
St. Birrstan
St. Bladus
St. Blaesilla
St. Blaise
St. Blaithmaic
St. Blandina
St. Blane
St. Blath
St. Blidulf
St. Blinlivet
St. Blitharius
St. Blitmund
St. Boadin
St. Bobinus
St. Bobo
St. Boccon, Presbyter
St. Bodagisil
St. Bodfan
St. Bodo
St. Boetharius
St. Boethian
St. Bogumilus
St. Bogumilus
St. Bolcan
St. Bonaventure
St. Bonaventure of Miako
St. Bond
St. Bonfilius
St. Boniface I
Boniface II
St. Boniface
Boniface III
St. Boniface IV
Boniface V
Boniface VI
St. Boniface
Boniface VII
Boniface VIII
Boniface IX
St. Boniface Curitan
St. Boniface of Mainz
St. Boniface of Lausanne
Bl. Bonifacia Rodriguez Castro
St. Bonitus
St. Bonitus
Bl. Bonne d’Armagnac
St. Bononius
St. Bosa
St. Boswell
St. Botuid
St. Botulph
St. Brandan
St. Brannock
St. Branwallader
St. Braulio
St. Breaca
St. Bregwin
St. Brendan
St. Brendan of Birr
St. Bretannion
Bl. Brian
St. Briarch
St. Briavel
St. Brice
St. Brictus
St. Bridget
St. Bridget of Sweden
St. Brieuc
St. Brigid
St. Brigid
St. Brigid of Ireland
St. Brithwald
St. Brithwald
St. Brito
St. Britwin
St. Brocard
St. Brogan
St. Bron
St. Bronach
St. Bruno
St. Bruno
St. Bruno of Segni
St. Bruno Seronkuma
St. Brychan
St. Brynach
St. Brynoth
St. Budoc
St. Buonfiglio Monaldo
St. Burchard
St. Buriana
St. Burkard
St. Byblig
St. Cadfan
St. Cadfarch
St. Cadoc
St. Cadog
St. Cadroe
St. Cadwallader
St. Caecilia with Saturninus
St. Caecilius
St. Caedmon
St. Caellainn
St. Caerealis
St. Caerealis & Sallustia
St. Caesarea
St. Caesaria
St. Caesarius
St. Caesarius
St. Caesarius
St. Caesarius & Companions
St. Caesarius & Julian
St. Caesarius of Arles
St. Caesarius of Nazianzus
St. Caesarn
St. Caesidius
St. Cagnoald
St. Caian

St. Caidoc & Fricor
St. Caillin
St. Caimin
St. Cairlon
St. Cajetan
St. Cajetan
St. Cajus
St. Calendion
St. Calepodius
St. Caletricus
St. Calimerius
St. Calimerlus
St. Calixtus
St. Callinica & Basilissa
St. Callinicus
St. Callinicus (Gallinicus)
St. Calliope
St. Calliopus
St. Callistratus
St. Callistus
St. Callistus I
Callistus II
Callistus III
St. Callistus & Charisius
St. Callistus, Felix & Boniface
St. Calminius
St. Calocerus
St. Calocerus
St. Calocerus & Parthenius
St. Calodote
St. Calogerus
St. Calupan
St. Camelian
St. Camilla
Bl. Camillus Constanzi
St. Camillus de Lellis
St. Candida
St. Candida
St. Candida
St. Candida
St. Candida the Elder
St. Candida the Younger
St. Candidus
St. Candidus
St. Candres
St. Canice
St. Canice (Kenneth)
St. Cannatus
St. Cannera
St. Canog
St. Cantidian (Cantidus)
St. Cantidianus
St. Cantidius
St. Cantius, Cantianus, Cantianilla, & Protus
St. Canute IV
St. Canute Lavard
St. Capitolina
St. Caprasius
St. Caprasius
St. Caradoc
St. Carantac
St. Carantoc
St. Caranus
St. Caraunus
St. Carilefus
St. Catherine of Alexandria, Great martyr
St. Carissima
Bl. Caritas Brader
Ven. Carlos Manuel Rodriguez Santiago
Carmelite Nuns of Compiegne
St. Carmen
St. Caron
St. Carpias
St. Carponius
St. Carpophorus
St. Carpophorus & Abundius
St. Carpus
St. Carpus
St. Carterius
St. Carterius
St. Carthach
St. Carthach the Younger
Bl. Carthusian Martyrs
St. Carus
St. Casilda
St. Casimir
St. Casimir of Poland
Bl. Caspar and Mary Vaz
St. Caspar del Bufalo
Bl. Caspar Fisogiro
Bl. Caspar Kotenda
Bl. Caspar Sadamazu
St. Cassian
St. Cassian of Autun
St. Cassian of Benevento
St. Cassian of Imola
St. Cassian of Todi
St. Cassianus
St. Cassius
St. Cassius
St. Cassius
St. Castor
St. Castor
St. Castor & Dorotheus
St. Castor & Stephen
St. Castorius
St. Castritian
St. Castulus
St. Castus & Emilius
St. Castus & Secundinus
St. Catald
St. Cataldus
St. Catellus
Bl. Caterina Cittadini
Bl. Caterina Volpicelli
Bl. Caterina Volpicelli
St. Cathan
Bl. Catherine of Pallanza
St. Catherine of Alexandria
St. Catherine of Bologna
St. Catherine de Ricci
St. Catherine Laboure

St. Catherine of Sweden
St. Catherine of Siena
Catula
St. Catulinus
St. Cawrdaf
St. Ceallach
St. Cearan
St. Cecilia
St. Cedd
St. Ceitho
St. Cele-Christ
St. Celerinus
St. Celestine
St. Celestine I
Celestine II
Celestine III
Celestine IV
St. Celine
St. Cellach
St. Cellach
St. Celsus
St. Celsus
St. Censurius
St. Centolla & Helen
St. Ceolfrid
St. Ceollach
St. Ceolwulf
St. Cera
St. Ceratius
St. Ceraunus
St. Cerbonius
St. Cerbonius
St. Cerneuf
Bl. Ceslaus
St. Cettin
St. Cewydd
St. Chad
St. Chaeromon
St. Chainaldus
St. Charalampias
St. Charbel
St. Charbel
St. Charbel
St. Charitina
St. Charity
St. Charles Hyon Song-mun
St. Charles Borromeo
Venerable Charles de Faucauld
Venerable Charles de Foucauld
St. Charles Garnier
Bl. Charles the Good
St. Charles Joseph Eugene de Mazenod
St. Charles Lwanga and Companions
St. Charles of Sezze
Sts. Chastan & Imbert
Sts. Chastan & Imbert
St. Chelidonia
St. Cherimon
St. Chillien
St. Chirstian

Bl. Christian
St. Christian
St. Christina
Bl. Christina Visconti
St. Christopher
Bl. Christopher Bales
St. Chromatius
St. Chromatius
St. Chrysanthus
St. Chrysanthus Eunuchus
St. Chrysogonus
St. Chrysolius
St. Chuniald & Gislar
St. Cian
St. Cianan
St. Cilinia
St. Cillene
St. Cindeus
St. Cinnia
St. Cissa
St. Cittinus
St. Clare
St. Clare of Montefalco
Bl. Clare of Rimini
St. Clarus
St. Clarus
St. Clateus
St. Claud
St. Claudia
St. Claudianus
St. Claudianus
St. Claudine Thevenet
Pope St. Clement I
Clement II
Clement III
Clement IV
Clement V
Clement VI
St. Clement of Alexandria
St. Clementinus
St. Clement Maria Hofbauer
St. Clement of Alexandria
St. Clement of Okhrida
St. Clement of Rome
St. Cleonicus
St. Cleopatra
St. Cleopatra
St. Cleophas
St. Clerus
St. Clether
St. Cletus
St. Clicerius
St. Clinius
St. Clodoald
St. Clodulf
St. Clotilde
St. Clotsindis
St. Cloud
St. Cocca
St. Cocha
St. Codratus
St. Codratus of Corinth
St. Cogitosus
St. Cointha
St. Colette
St. Colga (Coelchu)
St. Colgan
St. Coliondola
St. Colluthus
St. Colluthus
St. Colman of Cloyne
St. Colman McRhoi
St. Colman of Armagh
St. Colman of Dromore
St. Colman of Elo
St. Colman of Glendalough
St. Colman of Kilmacduagh
St. Colman of Kilroot
St. Colman of Lindisfarne
St. Colman of Lismore
St. Colman of Stockerau
St. Columba
St. Columba Kim Hyo-im
St. Columba
St. Columba
St. Columba
St. Columban

St. Columbanus
St. Columba of Sens
St. Columbinus
St. Comgall
St. Comgall
St. Comgan
St. Cominus
St. Cominus
St. Comodus
St. Conall
Conan
St. Conan
St. Concessa
St. Concordius
St. Condedus
St. Conleth
St. Conleth
St. Connat
St. Conogon
St. Conon
St. Conon
St. Conon
St. Conon
Bl. Conor O’Devany
St. Conrad
Bl. Conrad of Seldenburen
St. Conrad of Parzham
St. Conrad of Trier
St. Conran
St. Consortia
St. Constabilis
St. Constantian
St. Constantianus
St. Constantianus
St. Constantine
St. Constantine
St. Constantine the Great
Bl. Constantius
St. Constantius
St. Constantius
St. Constantius
St. Contardo
St. Contentius
St. Conus
St. Convoyon
St. Conwall
St. Copres
St. Copres
St. Corbican
St. Corbinian
St. Corbmac
St. Cordian
St. Corebus
St. Corentin
St. Corentius
St. Cormac
St. Cornelius
St. Cornelius
St. Cornelius
St. Cornelius
St. Cornelius
St. Cosmas
St. Cosmas
St. Cosmas
St. Cosmas
Sts. Cosmas & Damian
Sts. Cosmos & Damian
St. Cottidus, Eugene, & Companions
St. Craton
St. Cratusian
St. Credan
St. Crescens
St. Crescens
St. Crescentia
St. Crescentian
St. Crescentian
St. Crescentian
St. Crescentian
St. Crescentiana
St. Crescentius
St. Crescentius
St. Crewanna
St. Crispin
St. Crispin
St. Crispina
Sts. Crispin & Crispinian
St. Crispin of Viterbo
St. Crispulus & Restitutus
St. Crispus & Gaius
St. Cristatus
St. Cristiolus
St. Croidan
St. Croix
St. Cronan
St. Cronan of Roscrea
St. Cronan Beg
St. Cronan of Roscrea
St. Cronan the Wise
St. Cronides
St. Cronion
St. Cronius
St. Crummine
St. Cuan
St. Cuaran
St. Cucuphas
St. Culen
St. Cumgar
St. Cumine
St. Cummian
St. Cummian Fada
St. Cunegundes
St. Cunera
St. Cuniald & Geslar
St. Curcodomus
St. Curig
St. Curomotus
St. Currentus
St. Cuthbert
St. Cuthbert
St. Cuthbert Mayne
St. Cuthburga
St. Cuthman
St. Cybi
St. Cybi (Cuby)
St. Cynfran
St. Cynibild
St. Cynllo
St. Cynthinus
St. Cynwl
St. Cyprian
St. Cyprian, Bishop of Carthage
St. Cyprian
St. Cyprian
St. Cyrenia & Juliana
St. Cyriaca
St. Cyriaca & Companions
St. Cyriaca & Companions
St. Cyriacus
St. Cyriacus
St. Cyriacus
St. Cyriacus, Saturninus
St. Cyriacus
Sts. Cyril and Methodius
St. Cyril of Alexandria, Bishop, Dr.
St. Cyril of Jerusalem
St. Cyrilla
St. Cyril of Alexandria
St. Cyriltus
St. Cyrinus
St. Cyrinus
St. Cyrion
St. Cyrus
St. Cyrus
St. Cyrus and John
St. Cyrus of Carthage

. . . That's only the first three letters of the alphabet. Apologies,
there are some repetitions in this list, but also some of the repeated
names actually belong to different Saints.

The full list with links to short biographies can be found here:

http://www.catholic.org/saints/stindex.php

No institution other than the Catholic Church has contributed so
richly to humanity for so long.

Answer_42

<ipu.believer@gmail.com>
Sep 22, 2009, 11:36:13 AM9/22/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Sep 21, 11:24 pm, JFG <thelemiccatho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> St. Aaron

Hmm, how many saints were canonized since 1960?
An atheist is a man who has no invisible means of support.
-- Bishop Sheen

JFG

<thelemiccatholic@gmail.com>
Sep 22, 2009, 4:40:56 PM9/22/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
Pontificate of Pope Paul VI

* October 18, 1964
o Uganda Martyrs
* October 29, 1967
o Bénilde Romançon
* June 22, 1969
o Julie Billiart
* May 31, 1970
o Juan de Ávila
* October 25, 1970
o Forty Martyrs of England and Wales
* 1975
o Juan Macías
* September 14, 1975
o Elizabeth Ann Seton
* October 12, 1975
o Oliver Plunkett
* October 17, 1976
o John Ogilvie
* October 09, 1977
o Charbel
* June 19, 1977
o John Neumann

[edit] Pontificate of Pope John Paul II
Main article: List of saints canonised by Pope John Paul II

* June 20, 1982
o Crispin of Viterbo (1668–1750)
* October 10, 1982
o Maximilian Maria Kolbe, OFM (1894–1941)
* October 31, 1982
o Marguerite Bourgeoys (1620–1700)
o Jeanne Delanoue (1666–1736)
* October 16, 1983
o Leopold Mandic (1866–1942)
* March 11, 1984
o Paula Frassinetti (1809–1882)
* May 6, 1984
o Korean Martyrs
* October 21, 1984
o Miguel Febres Cordero (1854–1910)
* April 13, 1986
o Francis Anthony Fasani (1681–1742)
* October 12, 1986
o Giuseppe Maria Tomasi (1649–1713)
* October 18, 1987
o Lorenzo Ruiz (+1637)
o Domingo Ibáñez de Erquicia, OP (1589–1633)
o Jacobo Kyushei Tomonaga, OP and their Thirteen Companions:
o Francisco Shoyemon
o Miguel Kurobioye
o Lucas de Espiritu Santo
o Mateo Kohioye del Rosario
o Magdalene of Nagasaki
o Marina of Omura
o Jordan de San Esteban
o Tomas Hioji Rokuzayemon Nishi de San Jacinto
o Antonio Gonzalez
o Guilllermo Courtet
o Miguel de Aozaraza
o Lazaro of Kyoto
* October 25, 1987
o Giuseppe Moscati (1880–1927)
* May 16, 1988
o Martyrs of Paraguay:
+ Roque González de Santa Cruz (1576–1628)
+ Alphonsus Rodriguez (+1628)
+ Juan de Castillo, SJ (1596–1628)
* June 11, 1988
o Eustochia Smeraldo Calafato (1434–1485)
* June 19, 1988
o 117 Vietnamese Martyrs (+1745–1862)
* July 3, 1988
o Simón de Rojas, O.SS. (1552–1624)
o Rose Philippine Duchesne (1769–1852)
* October 2, 1988
o Magdalen of Canossa (1774–1835)
* December 11, 1988
o Maria Rosa Molas y Vallvé (1815–1876)
* April 9, 1989
o Clelia Barbieri (1847–1870)
* November 1, 1989
o Gaspar Bertoni (1777–1853)
o Richard Pampuri, O.H. (1897–1930)
* November 12, 1989
o Agnes of Bohemia (1211–1282)
o Albert of Krakow (Adam Chmielowski)(1845–1916)
* December 10, 1989
o Mutien-Marie Wiaux, FSC (1841–1917)
* December 9, 1990
o Marguerite d’Youville (1701–1771)
* November 17, 1991
o Raphael Kalinowski, OCD (1835–1907)
* May 31, 1992
o Claude de la Colombière, SJ (1641–1682)
* October 11, 1992
o Ezequiel Moreno y Díaz (1848–1906)
* March 21, 1993
o Mary of St. Ignatius (Claudine Thévenet) (1774–1837)
o Teresa de Jesus de los Andes (Juana Fernández Solar) (1900–
1920)
* June 16, 1993
o Enrique de Ossó y Cercelló (1840–1896)
* September 8, 1993
o Saint Meinardo (1134/36–1196)
* May 21, 1995
o John Sarkander (1576–1620)
o Zdislava Berka (1220–1252)
* July 2, 1995
o Martyrs of Kosice (+1619):
o Marko Krizin (1588–1619)
o Stefan Pongracz (1582–1609)
o Melichar Grodziecki, SJ (1584–1619)
* December 3, 1995
o Eugene de Mazenod (1782–1861)
* June 2, 1996
o Jean-Gabriel Perboyre (1802–1840)
o Egidio Maria of Saint Joseph (Francis Anthony Postillo)
(1729–1812)
o Juan Grande Román, O.H. (1546–1600)
* June 8, 1997
o Hedwig, queen of Poland (1374–1399)
* June 10, 1997
o John of Dukla (1414–1484)
* October 11, 1998
o Teresa Benedicta of the Cross (Edith Stein) (1891–1942)
* April 18, 1999
o Marcellin Joseph Benoît Champagnat (1789–1840)
o John Calabria (1873–1954)
o Agostina Livia Pietrantoni (1864–1894)
* June 16, 1999
o King of Poland (1234–1292)
* November 21, 1999
o Brother Cyrill Bertrán and 8 Companions (+1934)
o Jaime Hilario, FSC (1898-1937)
o Inocencio de la Inmaculada (+1937)
o Benedict Menni, OH (1841–1914)
o Thomas of Cori, OFM (1655–1729)
* April 30, 2000
o Sister Faustina (1905–1938)
* May 21, 2000
o Cristóbal Magallanes Jara (1869–1927)
o Román Adame Rosales
o Rodrigo Aguilar Aleman
o Julio Álvarez Mendoza
o Luis Batis Sáinz
o Agustín Caloca Cortés
o Mateo Correa Megallanes
o Atilano Cruz Alvarado
o Miguel De La Mora De La Mora
o Pedro Esqueda Ramírez
o Margarito Flores García
o José Isabel Flores Varela
o David Galván Bermudes
o Salvador Lara Puente
o Pedro de Jesús Maldonado (1892-1937)
o Jesús Méndez Montoya
o Manuel Morales
o Justino Orona Madrigal
o Sabas Reyes Salazar
o José María Robles Hurtado
o David Roldán Lara
o Toribio Romo González
o Jenaro Sánchez Delgadillo
o Tranquilino Ubiarco Robles
o David Uribe Velasco
o José Maria de Yermo y Parres (1851–1904)
o María de Jesús Sacramentado Venegas (1868–1959)
* October 1, 2000
o Augustine Chao (+1815) and 119 companions, Chinese Martyrs
o María Josefa of the Heart of Jesus Sancho de Guerra (1842–
1912)
o Katharine Drexel (1858–1955)
o Josephine Bakhita (1869–1947)
* June 10, 2001
o Luigi Scrosoppi
o Agostino Roscelli
o Bernardo of Corleone
o Teresa Eustochio Verzeri
o Rafqa Pietra Choboq Ar-Rayès
* November 25, 2001
o Joseph Marello (1844-1895)
o Paula Montal Fornes de San Jose de Calasanz (1799-1889)
o Leonie Françoise de Sales Aviat (1844-1914)
o Maria Crescentia Hoss (1682-1744)
* May 19, 2002
o Alphonsus de Orozco (1500-1591)
o Ignatius of Santhià (1686-1770)
o Humilis de Bisignano (1582-1637)
o Pauline of the Agonizing Heart of Jesus (1865-1942)
o Benedetta Cambiagio Frassinello (1791-1858)
* June 16, 2002
o Pio of Pietrelcina (1887-1968)
* July 30, 2002
o Hermano Pedro de San José de Betancurt (1887-1968)
* July 31, 2002
o Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin (1474-1548)
* October 6, 2002
o Josemaría Escrivá (1902-1975)
* May 4, 2003
o Pedro Poveda Castroverde (1874-1936)
o José María Rubio y Peralta (1864-1929)
o Genoveva Torres Morales (1870-1956)
o Ángela de la Cruz (1846-1932)
o María Maravillas de Jesús (1891-1974)
* May 18, 2003
o Józef Sebastian Pelczar (1842-1924)
o Urszula Ledóchowska (1865-1939)
o Maria De Mattias (1805-1866)
o Virginia Centurione Bracelli (1587-1651)
* October 5, 2003
o Daniel Comboni (1831-1881)
o Arnold Janssen (1837-1909)
o Joseph Freinademetz (1852-1908)
* May 16, 2004
o Luigi Orione (1872-1940)
o Hannibal Mary Di Francia (1851-1927)
o Josep Manyanet y Vives (1833-1901)
o Nimattullah Kassab Al-Hardini (1808-1858)
o Paola Elisabetta Cerioli (1816-1865)
o Gianna Beretta Molla (1922-1962)

[edit] Pontificate of Pope Benedict XVI

* October 23, 2005
o Josef Bilczewski (1860-1923)
o Gaetano Catanoso (1879-1963)
o Zygmunt Gorazdowski (1845-1920)
o Alberto Hurtado (1901-1952)
o Felice da Nicosia (1715-1787)
* October 15, 2006
o Bishop Rafael Guizar Valencia (1878-1938)
o Mother Theodore Guerin (1798-1856)
o Filippo Smaldone (1848-1923)
o Rosa Venerini (1656-1728)
* May 11, 2007
o Antônio de Sant'Anna Galvão (1739 - 1822)
* June 3, 2007
o George Preca (1880 - 1962)
o Szymon of Lipnica (c. 1435/1440 - 1482)
o Charles of Mount Argus (1821 - 1893)
o Marie-Eugénie de Jésus (1817 - 1898)
* October 12, 2008
o Alphonsa Muttathupadathu
o Gaetano Errico
o Narcisa de Jesus Martillo Moran
o Maria Bernarda Bütler
* 26 April 2009
o Arcangelo Tadini
o Bernardo Tolomei
o Nuno Álvares Pereira
o Geltrude Comensoli
o Caterina Volpicelli
* 11 October 2009
o Zygmunt Szczęsny Feliński
o Francisco Coll Guitart
o Damien de Veuster
o Rafael Arnáiz Barón
o Jeanne Jugan
o Juana Josefa Cipitrla Barriola

Answer_42

<ipu.believer@gmail.com>
Sep 23, 2009, 9:15:01 AM9/23/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Sep 22, 4:40 pm, JFG <thelemiccatho...@gmail.com> wrote:

You misunderstood me.

How many people were canonized for stuff they did since 1960, i.e who
were alive after 1960 and did stuff for which they were canonized
after 1960?
When one reads Bibles, one is less surprised at what the Deity knows
than at what He doesn't know.
-- Mark Twain

JFG

<thelemiccatholic@gmail.com>
Sep 24, 2009, 7:17:04 PM9/24/09
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Sep 23, 9:15 am, Answer_42 <ipu.belie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 22, 4:40 pm, JFG <thelemiccatho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You misunderstood me.
>
> How many people were canonized for stuff they did since 1960, i.e who
> were alive after 1960 and did stuff for which they were canonized
> after 1960?

What is your point?

Observer

<mayorskid@gmail.com>
Sep 24, 2009, 9:06:40 PM9/24/09
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Sep 9, 11:39 am, Walt <wka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Since Atheist Communist China is a more evil country than the
> predominantly-Christian US

Observer
Please sight scientific validation of this baseless opinion.
Sight the charts which compare the relative percentage of criminals
incarcerated in each of the countries.

State also the basis for your opinion that one or the other country
is inherently superior or "less evil" than the other.

The United States of america , my country, because of the potential
inherent in it's constitution, can be , with the full implementation
thereof a grand and magnificent democratic republic . Operative words
* can be*.

We are , however so constrained by the superficial, fanatical
attachment to the maximum evil produced by the Abrahamic belief
systems that our greatness , though still a potentiality will soon be
lying in ruins.

It is time to shake loose of the bonds of hideous ,superstitious filth
and to embrace the usefulness of scientific method, critical thought
and applied social science.

Off handedly refering to other countries with much larger and much
older social structures , as evil , demonstrates a brutish, holier
than thou, belief system wherein and trough which the last drop of
human kindness and care giving are milked from her and she is left a
sterile whore among the *** use to be*** world powers.

Yours is the attitude that generates hatred when we desperately need
universal cooperation among nations. (that reflected in the comment
referring to china as more evil)

You speak for the filthy bastards who wish only to exercise power
over the rest of the world in the cowards attempt to rule and enslave.
The christian way !

Psychonomist

Observer

<mayorskid@gmail.com>
Sep 24, 2009, 9:07:50 PM9/24/09
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Sep 10, 7:14 am, Walt <wka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Where would you rather live?

Observer
Glib stupidity! Now answer the question.

Psychonomist

Observer

<mayorskid@gmail.com>
Sep 24, 2009, 9:13:41 PM9/24/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
Observer

That you are unable or unwilling to understand and or intelligently
respond to his simple question.

Ha ha ha ha ha

Psychonomist

Eris

<vithant@gmail.com>
Sep 24, 2009, 10:53:49 PM9/24/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
Like the Priest said to the Politician, you keep them poor, I'll keep
them ignorant.

On Sep 5, 7:10 pm, philosophy <smwil...@tpg.com.au> wrote:
> Indulgences and the expectation of payment
> for things such as masses etc......
> ie. Keep them poor!!!!

Eris

<vithant@gmail.com>
Sep 24, 2009, 10:55:06 PM9/24/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
Sounds like a role playing game.

On Sep 8, 11:06 pm, Brock <brockor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 4, 11:06 am, Eris <vith...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Besides ignorance, cruelty, neurosis, and cannibalism.
>
> Perhaps the accusation is loaded; of course, I like how the Confession
> puts it:
>
> "The liberty which Christ hath purchased for believers under the
> gospel consists in their freedom from the guilt of sin, the condemning
> wrath of God, the curse of the moral law; and in their being delivered
> from this present evil world, bondage to Satan, and dominion of sin,
> from the evil of afflictions, the sting of death, the victory of the
> grave, and everlasting damnation; as also in their free access to God,
> and their yielding obedience unto him, not out of slavish fear, but a
> childlike love, and a willing mind."
>
> http://www.reformed.org/documents/westminster_conf_of_faith.html#chap20
>
> Regards,
>
> Brock

Answer_42

<ipu.believer@gmail.com>
Sep 25, 2009, 10:53:26 AM9/25/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Sep 24, 7:17 pm, JFG <thelemiccatho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > You misunderstood me.
>
> > How many people were canonized for stuff they did since 1960, i.e who
> > were alive after 1960 and did stuff for which they were canonized
> > after 1960?
>
> What is your point?

Just answer the damn question, it should be easy, you are the "saints"
expert.
Organized religion is a sham and a crutch for weak-minded people who
need strength in numbers. It tells people to go out and stick their
noses in other people's business. I live by the golden rule: Treat
others as you'd want them to treat you. The religious right wants to
tell people how to live.
-- Gov. Jesse Ventura

philosophy

<smwilson@tpg.com.au>
Sep 26, 2009, 12:14:33 AM9/26/09
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Sep 10, 12:40 pm, Math is whirling a wish hook of numbers at
letters trying to catch words <marty.musa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 9, 12:44 pm, Brock Organ <brockor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > George W Bush as president,
>
> > *sigh* :)
>
> > > and the
> > > bible belt
>
> > *sigh* :))
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Brock
>
> Christianity has fed those who are hungry
>
> November 16, 1998
>
> Convoy of Hope, a national food ministry to the urban poor, is
> expanding beyond one-day food giveaways to coordinate week long,
> citywide events that mobilize volunteers to shower inner-city
> neighborhoods with good works and the gospel.
>
> The first event, called "We Care, L.A.," will unite churches and
> potentially thousands of volunteers on the last week of 1999 to blitz
> Los Angeles with acts of kindness. Christians will visit hospitals;
> clean up parks; paint buildings; comfort the lonely; and deliver free
> groceries, toys, or clothing.
>
> "We want to be a catalyst," says David Donaldson, one of three
> brothers who helps lead Church Care America, the ministry that founded
> the Convoy of Hope. "God has already raised up an army of volunteers
> in Los Angeles. We Care, L.A. will integrate their efforts."
>
> The foundation for We Care has been laid by Convoy of Hope, which has
> grown exponentially since conducting its first major food outreach in
> 1995. Convoy events take place on a Saturday, bringing together
> resources from the evangelical community and making them available to
> the poor at a gathering that is part food giveaway, part tent revival,
> and part carnival. The two consistent features of each event are a
> semitrailer full of food, bagged and distributed by volunteers, and a
> series of brief tent services conducted by a slate of local pastors.
> One of the ministry's goals is to "make the inner-city pastor a hero
> in his community," says Steve Donaldson, one of the brothers leading
> ChurchCare America, which has offices in Springfield, Missouri, and
> Sacramento, California. Follow-up events pull new Christians and
> potential churchgoers back to church on Sunday.
>
> Convoy of Hope has distributed 4.6 million pounds of food to 311,000
> people
>
> 4.6 million pounds of food to 311,000 people
Well, they're not doing very well are they? Old Xst fed the masses
with five fish and loaves of bread.
Read your Bibble.

> But as Christ reveres them others revere him
>
> TLANTA ISLAMIC COMMUNITY TO DONATE UP TO 2,000 POUNDS OF FOOD TO ...
>
> ... natasha.dani...@ACFB.org ATLANTA ISLAMIC COMMUNITY TO DONATE UP TO
> 2,000 POUNDS OF FOOD TO ... The story, which is also shared by many
> religions including Judaism and Christianity ...
>
>     *www.acfb.org/communications/media/releases/Islamic_Donation_Media_Adv...2006.pdf
>
> As far as adherents;;;;;
>
> spoken
>
> http://www.meami.org/?cx=000961116824240632825%3A5n3yth9xwbo&cof=FORI...

philosophy

<smwilson@tpg.com.au>
Sep 26, 2009, 12:19:14 AM9/26/09
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Sep 22, 7:54 am, Neil Kelsey <neil_kel...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 21, 2:32 pm, Walt <wka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I mean, if you had to choose between China and the US.  Assuming that,
> > whichever country you chose you'd have an income with an equivalent
> > buying power.
>
> What part of China and what part of the USA? I mean, if it's a choice
> between some urban blight ramshackle dump in Detroit or a modern
> upscale apartment in Shanghai, I'll take China. China is becoming a
> happening place.

True, but we do have to take history into account. Too many times we
do
not learn from our mistakes and hence we are condemned to repeat them.
Have a read of "Wild Swans" by Jung Chang, and then I'd be interested
to see what you would pick. Certainly China today is going to be one
of
the next big powerhouses of the world - providing the communists can
keep themselves under control :-)
Hopefully, no more cultural revolutions!

philosophy

<smwilson@tpg.com.au>
Sep 26, 2009, 12:22:36 AM9/26/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
Yup Jo - all catholics no doubt
and all individuals who probably
lived off the fruit of the poor.
None have returned, I see.
> St. Ansgar ...
>
> read more »

philosophy

<smwilson@tpg.com.au>
Sep 26, 2009, 12:24:59 AM9/26/09
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Sep 25, 12:53 pm, Eris <vith...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Like the Priest said to the Politician, you keep them poor, I'll keep
> them ignorant.
How true. But at least we may have a 50% chance of a reasonable
politician. If church and state were one, we'd have no chance at all.
The church would really bleed us dry. They'd take the 90% and leave
us with the 10% :-)

JFG

<thelemiccatholic@gmail.com>
Sep 26, 2009, 4:33:29 PM9/26/09
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Sep 25, 10:53 am, Answer_42 <ipu.belie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 24, 7:17 pm, JFG <thelemiccatho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > You misunderstood me.
>
> > > How many people were canonized for stuff they did since 1960, i.e who
> > > were alive after 1960 and did stuff for which they were canonized
> > > after 1960?
>
> > What is your point?
>
> Just answer the damn question, it should be easy, you are the "saints"
> expert.

I don't know.

What is your point?

Alan Wostenberg

<awosty@gmail.com>
Sep 26, 2009, 5:19:26 PM9/26/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
Miracles worked while a saint is alive and since 1960? The miracles
necessary to canonize a saint must occur after the saint died. Since
canonization takes decades (or centuries) we'd have to consider the
"fast track" candidates since 1960. Three leap to mind. One has
crossed the gauntlet. The three are: Servant of God John Paul the
Great; Blessed Mother Theresa; Saint Escriva.

There's one from Nobember 1992, miraculous cure of Dr. Manuel Nevado
Rey, from Saint Escriva, as part of the his completed canonization
process. See http://tr.im/zPUD and http://tr.im/zPT9 . Also keep
an eye on Mother Theresa's Cause... the hundreds of claimed miracles
are of course within the past decade, but I don't if any have been
judged authentic by those charged with that matter.

Answer_42

<ipu.believer@gmail.com>
Sep 26, 2009, 5:37:39 PM9/26/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Sep 26, 4:33 pm, JFG <thelemiccatho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > What is your point?
>
> > Just answer the damn question, it should be easy, you are the "saints"
> > expert.
>
> I don't know.
>
> What is your point?

There seems to be an inverse relationship between miracles attributed
to saints and the advancement of knowledge/recording devices being
widespread and efficient.

Which seems to indicate that most "miracles" that were attributed to
saint prior to the 20's or so were probably not miracles at all since
they would not have been considered miracles today.
Which means that the large pantheon of saints would be less crowded,
or even empty!
Instead of establishing facts, we have to overthrow errors; instead of
ascertaining what is, we have to chase from our imaginations what is
not.
-- Frances Wright

JFG

<thelemiccatholic@gmail.com>
Sep 29, 2009, 9:16:27 PM9/29/09
to Atheism vs Christianity

On Sep 26, 5:37 pm, Answer_42 <ipu.belie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Just answer the damn question, it should be easy, you are the "saints"
> > > expert.
>
> > I don't know.
>
> > What is your point?
>
> There seems to be an inverse relationship between miracles attributed
> to saints and the advancement of knowledge/recording devices being
> widespread and efficient.

Can you support that?

> Which seems to indicate that most "miracles" that were attributed to
> saint prior to the 20's or so were probably not miracles at all since
> they would not have been considered miracles today.

Can you support that?

Answer_42

<ipu.believer@gmail.com>
Sep 30, 2009, 10:48:48 AM9/30/09
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Sep 29, 9:16 pm, JFG <thelemiccatho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I don't know.
>
> > > What is your point?
>
> > There seems to be an inverse relationship between miracles attributed
> > to saints and the advancement of knowledge/recording devices being
> > widespread and efficient.
>
> Can you support that?
>
> > Which seems to indicate that most "miracles" that were attributed to
> > saint prior to the 20's or so were probably not miracles at all since
> > they would not have been considered miracles today.
>
> Can you support that?

How many actual "miracles" were recognized by the papacy to have taken
place in the 20th century?
How many of those were non-medical?

What are the numbers for any century prior to the Renaissance, for
instance?

> > Which means that the large pantheon of saints would be less crowded,
> > or even empty!
Once you attempt legislation upon religious grounds, you open the way
for every kind of intolerance and religious persecution.
-- William Butler Yeats