Error in publishing binary file assets in BCC.

Jatin Nayak

Jul 17, 2009, 11:41:12 AM7/17/09
to atg_...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We have a requirement for managing and deploying the binary file assets like images and PDF files through BCC.

Environment: ATG9.0, JBoss4.2.3.GA

We have configured both the CA and production environment in local system.
These are modules we have included in both the environments:

Production module: B2BCommerce,   PublishingAgent,   DafEar.Admin,    PublishingWebAgent,

Versioned module: DPS.Versioned,    B2BCommerce.Versioned,    DCS.CustomCatalogs.Versioned,    DCS-UI,   DCS-UI.management,   PubPortlet,  <production-module>

Note: We have given different port numbers for both the modules.
For example in production rmiPort=18860 and in versioned rmiPort=8860

For Managing the Assets we have did the following configurations:

1. Extended the publishingFiles.xml by adding the sub-type for binary files. Component path: <versioned_module>\config\atg\epub\file\

   For setting the locked caching created publishingFiles.xml in the liveconfig of versoned module. Component path: <versioned_module>\liveconfig\atg\epub\file\

2. Configureed our customized VFS for binary file assets. Created our custom component.    Component path: <versoned_module>\config\atg\epub\file\

3. Specified the new instance of the ContentRepositoryVFSService in the versionedVirtualFileSystems property of VersionManagerService. Component path: <versoned_module>\config\atg\epub\version\

4. Configured the type mapping component. Component path:  <versioned_module>\config\atg\epub\file\typemappers\

5. Configure the PublishingTypeMapper component in the versioned module to add the new type mapping component to the typemappings property.

    Component path:  <versioned_module>\config\atg\epub\file\typemappers\

6. Configured the component VersionedLoaderEventListener with rootpath details. Component path: <versioned_module>\config\atg\epub\file\

    rootPath=C:\\ATG\\ATG9.0\\<myApp>\\j2ee-apps\\myApp\\myApp.war

7. Created the separate manifest file for the file folders and file assets. Imported the file assets to the CA using RLClient.
   Run the RLClient for both the files.

In BCC we are able to browse and view the images and PDF files those we have uplaoded.
We are able to download the images for any modification.

For deplyoment we have made the following configuration:

1. Extended component RmiServer in  <ATG Dir>/home/servers/<production-module>/localconfig/atg/dynamo/server ) and specify the rmi port number

    port=18860
    [ Commented the port number in RmiServer component of C:\ATG\ATG9.0\PublishingWebAgent\config\atg\dynamo\server ]

3. Created component J2EEContainer in the localconfig of our target production server. ( <ATG Dir>/home/servers/kohler/localconfig/atg/dynamo/service/j2ee/J2EEContainer )

    localDirectory={atg.dynamo.root}/j2ee-apps/myModule/myModule.war

4. Created a custom component with localDirectory and file name extensions, in the localconfig of our target production server. ( /atg/epub/file/ )

    $class=atg.service.vfs.SelectiveDeleteVFSService
    localDirectory={appModuleResource?moduleID=myModule&resourceURI=j2ee-apps/myModule/myModule.war}
    fileExtensions=jsp,jspf,JSP,JSPF,jpg,JPG,gif,GIF,PDF

Error while running the production server.

18:32:37,281 ERROR [RmiServer] Unable to register atg/epub/AgentTransport to /atg/dynamo/server/RmiServer
java.rmi.AlreadyBoundException: atg/epub/AgentTransport
        at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl.bind(RegistryImpl.java:123)
        at atg.server.rmi.RmiServer.exportService(RmiServer.java:470)
        at atg.server.rmi.RmiServer.doStartService(RmiServer.java:403)
        at atg.nucleus.GenericService.startService(GenericService.java:496)
        at atg.nucleus.NucleusNameResolver.startService(NucleusNameResolver.java:1371)
        at atg.nucleus.NucleusNameResolver.configureAndStartService(NucleusNameResolver.java:1133)
        at atg.nucleus.NucleusNameResolver.createFromName(NucleusNameResolver.java:787)
        at atg.nucleus.NucleusNameResolver.createFromName(NucleusNameResolver.java:569)
        at atg.nucleus.NucleusNameResolver.createFromName(NucleusNameResolver.java:550)

Can anyone please tell whether there is any problems in the configuration?

Thanks in advance,
Jatin

Nooruddin Shaik

Jul 17, 2009, 2:06:57 PM7/17/09
to atg_...@googlegroups.com
It looks the RMI port is already in use.

do a simple netstat on cmd promt to verify the port is already in use or not.

So try modifying the rmiport in the configuration.properties

Jatin Nayak

Jul 20, 2009, 8:48:08 AM7/20/09
to ATG_Tech
Hi Shaik,

I checked the port numbers for RMI. Both the port numbers are
different (for Production and CA).

And if I am running both the production and CA server at the same time
I am getting the same error in both servers.
Also in both server console i am getting console message saying
different RMI port numbers which i have specified in the corresponding
configuration.properties.

Regards,
Jatin

On Jul 17, 11:06 pm, Nooruddin Shaik <shaik.noorud...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> It looks the RMI port is already in use.
> do a simple netstat on cmd promt to verify the port is already in use or
> not.
>
> So try modifying the rmiport in the configuration.properties
>
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Jatin Nayak <jatinna...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> > We have a requirement for managing and deploying the binary file assets
> > like images and PDF files through BCC.
>
> > *Environment*: ATG9.0, JBoss4.2.3.GA
>
> > We have configured both the CA and production environment in local system.
> > These are modules we have included in both the environments:
>
> > *Production module*: B2BCommerce,   PublishingAgent,   DafEar.Admin,
> > PublishingWebAgent,
>
> > *Versioned module*: DPS.Versioned,    B2BCommerce.Versioned,
> > DCS.CustomCatalogs.Versioned,    DCS-UI,   DCS-UI.management,   PubPortlet,
> > <production-module>
>
> > *Note:* We have given different port numbers for both the modules.
> > For example in production rmiPort=18860 and in versioned rmiPort=8860
>
> > *For Managing the Assets we have did the following configurations*:
>
> > 1. Extended the publishingFiles.xml by adding the sub-type for binary
> > files. Component path: <versioned_module>\config\atg\epub\file\
>
> >    For setting the locked caching created publishingFiles.xml in the
> > liveconfig of versoned module. Component path:
> > <versioned_module>\liveconfig\atg\epub\file\
>
> > 2. Configureed our customized VFS for binary file assets. Created our
> > custom component.    Component path: <versoned_module>\config\atg\epub\file\
>
> > 3. Specified the new instance of the ContentRepositoryVFSService in the
> > versionedVirtualFileSystems property of VersionManagerService. Component
> > path: <versoned_module>\config\atg\epub\version\
>
> > 4. Configured the type mapping component. Component path:
> > <versioned_module>\config\atg\epub\file\typemappers\
>
> > 5. Configure the PublishingTypeMapper component in the versioned module to
> > add the new type mapping component to the typemappings property.
>
> >     Component path:  <versioned_module>\config\atg\epub\file\typemappers\
>
> > 6. Configured the component VersionedLoaderEventListener with rootpath
> > details. Component path: <versioned_module>\config\atg\epub\file\
>
> >     rootPath=C:\\ATG\\ATG9.0\\<myApp>\\j2ee-apps\\myApp\\myApp.war
>
> > 7. Created the separate manifest file for the file folders and file assets.
> > Imported the file assets to the CA using RLClient.
> >    Run the RLClient for both the files.
>
> > In BCC we are able to browse and view the images and PDF files those we
> > have uplaoded.
> > We are able to download the images for any modification.
>
> > *For deplyoment we have made the following configuration:*

Rajinder S. Nagi

Jul 20, 2009, 10:04:49 AM7/20/09
to atg_...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

     Did u configured server bindings correctly in jboss, and what custom module are you implementing?

Thanks,
Best Wishes & Regards,
Rajinder S.Nagi
(ATG Dynamo & JBoss Architect)