ATG Fulfillment server was throwing ChainTimeoutException

Dino Johny

Aug 29, 2016, 6:24:52 PM8/29/16
to ATG_Tech

We are getting the following exceptions in the fulfillment server , saying loadOrder chain is locked and it results in bringing down the fulfillment server.

Caused by (#2):atg.service.pipeline.ChainTimeoutException: Timeout occurred waiting for chain [loadOrder] to be unlocked.

at atg.service.pipeline.PipelineManager.runProcess(PipelineManager.java:449)

at atg.commerce.pipeline.CommercePipelineManager.runProcess(CommercePipelineManager.java:123)

at atg.commerce.order.OrderManager.loadOrder(OrderManager.java:3090)

at atg.commerce.fulfillment.processor.ProcLoadOrderRepository.runProcess(ProcLoadOrderRepository.java:137)

at atg.service.pipeline.PipelineLink.runProcess(PipelineLink.java:255)

at atg.service.pipeline.PipelineChain.runProcess(PipelineChain.java:365)

at atg.service.pipeline.PipelineChainContext.runProcess(PipelineChainContext.java:120)

at atg.service.pipeline.PipelineManager.runProcess(PipelineManager.java:475)

As a temporary fix we will restart the fulfillment server , but seems to be happening again after few days which we are not sure.

Based on the suggestion from oracle we tried to increase the lock time out which seems to be ok for a while but happened again .

I wonder if somebody has encountered a similar issue and can pinpoint me for a permanent solution.

Regards,

Dino

Shailendra Pateria

Oct 10, 2016, 10:50:19 AM10/10/16
to atg_...@googlegroups.com
Have you enabled any log debugs which provides more information.

Cheers,
Shailendra

raj

Oct 6, 2017, 1:55:06 PM10/6/17
to ATG_Tech
I hope u were able to solve this issue.

Please guide me as we are also facing the same.

Ramakrishnan Subramani

Feb 24, 2020, 12:33:08 AM2/24/20
to atg_...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We are facing this issue in UpdateOrder chain.
Was this issue resolved?

Please help.

Regards,
Ram

Raj

Feb 25, 2020, 3:33:56 AM2/25/20
to ATG_Tech
Please enable logdebugs of Pipeline manager component and check the lock owner. Somewhere any owner is holding the lock over the chain.