Problem publishing and deploying binary file assets to production

Jatin Nayak

Jul 16, 2009, 11:14:03 AM7/16/09
to atg_...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

We have a requirement for managing and deploying the binary file assets like images and PDF files through BCC.

Environment: ATG9.0, JBoss4.2.3.GA

We have configured the CA and production environment for this.

For Managing the Assets:
We have did the following configurations:
    1. Extended the publishingFiles.xml by adding the sub-type for binary files.
    2. Configured our customized VFS for binary file assets. Also we have done the required configurations for the VersionManagerService and the typemappers.
    3. Imported the file assets to the CA using RLClient. We were able to view the assets uploaded successfully to CA in the RL browser.

In CA we are able to browse and view the images and PDF files those we have uplaoded.
We are able to download the images for any modification.

For Deploying the assets:

We have made the following configuration:
1. Created component J2EEContainer in the localconfig of our target production server. ( /atg/dynamo/service/j2ee/J2EEContainer )

     localDirectory={atg.dynamo.root}/j2ee-apps/myModule/myModule.war

2. Created a custom component with localDirectory and file name extensions, in the localconfig of our target production server. ( /atg/epub/file/ )

     $class=atg.service.vfs.SelectiveDeleteVFSService
    localDirectory={appModuleResource?moduleID=myModule&resourceURI=j2ee-apps/myModule/myModule.war}
    fileExtensions=jsp,jspf,JSP,JSPF,jpg,JPG,gif,GIF,PDF

3. In the production / target server we have included the PublishingWebAgent module.

    [ Modules on production server: B2BCommerce,   PublishingAgent,   DafEar.Admin,    PublishingWebAgent ]

     [ Modules on versioned server: DPS.Versioned,    B2BCommerce.Versioned,    DCS.CustomCatalogs.Versioned,    DCS-UI,   DCS-UI.management,   PubPortlet ]

Problem faced:

We are getting the following error while starting the production server.

11:52:31,953 ERROR [RmiServer] Unable to register atg/epub/AgentTransport to /atg/dynamo/server/RmiServer
java.rmi.AlreadyBoundException: atg/epub/AgentTransport
        at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl.bind(RegistryImpl.java:123)
        at atg.server.rmi.RmiServer.exportService(RmiServer.java:470)
        at atg.server.rmi.RmiServer.doStartService(RmiServer.java:403)
        at atg.nucleus.GenericService.startService(GenericService.java:496)
        at atg.nucleus.NucleusNameResolver.startService(NucleusNameResolver.java:1371)
        at atg.nucleus.NucleusNameResolver.configureAndStartService(NucleusNameResolver.java:1133)
        at atg.nucleus.NucleusNameResolver.createFromName(NucleusNameResolver.java:787)
        at atg.nucleus.NucleusNameResolver.createFromName(NucleusNameResolver.java:569)
        at atg.nucleus.NucleusNameResolver.createFromName(NucleusNameResolver.java:550)

Note: We have specified different RMI port numbers for both the servers.

Do we need to make any other configurations for the deployment process ?

 Thanks in advance,

 Jatin

--
Regards,