Issue setting up publishing agent

Harshil Desai

Feb 23, 2011, 2:26:40 AM2/23/11
to ATG_Tech, hde...@corbus.com
Hi
I am fairly new to ATG. I have setup BCC on my versioned module. But
now when i define the production agent for my target site, i get this
error:

12:41:15,596 WARN [ClientLockManager] The useLockServer property of: /
atg/dynamo/service/ClientLockManager is false and so global locking is
disabled
12:51:45,998 WARN [DeploymentServer] re-creating transport for agent
'prod_agent' due to error from transport : transport error from agent
'prod_agent'
12:52:15,627 ERROR [DeploymentServer] transport error from agent
'prod_agent'
java.rmi.NoSuchObjectException: no such object in table
at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:
247)
at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:
223)
at
atg.deployment.agent.RMIClientAgentTransport_Stub.getStatus(Unknown
Source)
at
atg.deployment.server.RMIServerAgentTransport.getStatus(RMIServerAgentTransport.java:
192)
at atg.deployment.server.AgentRef.getStatus(AgentRef.java:554)
at atg.deployment.server.AgentRef.getStatus(AgentRef.java:522)
at atg.deployment.server.Target.initializeAgents(Target.java:
490)
at atg.deployment.server.Target.initializeAgents(Target.java:
466)
at
atg.deployment.server.queue.DeploymentFulfiller.handleNextJobForTarget(DeploymentFulfiller.java:
487)
at
atg.deployment.server.queue.DeploymentFulfiller.performScheduledTask(DeploymentFulfiller.java:
323)
at atg.service.scheduler.Scheduler$1handler.run(Scheduler.java:
535)

I have checked the target server RMI port is working as i am able to
connect to it from command prompt.
Please let me know your thoughts.

KADINAMKULAM

Feb 23, 2011, 2:38:06 AM2/23/11
to ATG_Tech
Try these links you might get some get-thru

https://community.atg.com/message/2631
https://community.atg.com/thread/1340

/Kadinamkulam

Harshil Desai

Feb 24, 2011, 6:52:05 AM2/24/11
to ATG_Tech
Appreciate and thank Kadinamkulam for quick response.

On Feb 23, 12:38 pm, KADINAMKULAM <kadinamku...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Try these links you might get some get-thru
>
> https://community.atg.com/message/2631https://community.atg.com/thread/1340

Harshil Desai

Feb 24, 2011, 6:50:42 AM2/24/11
to ATG_Tech
The links were really useful. After doing a lot of tweaks and fixes
the publishing agent is up now.

One strange thing i faced: I had mentioned an entry for the
PublishingAgent module in the ATG-Required property of Manifest file
of my prod ear. But when i checked in the dynamo.env file this module
was missing. This was causing the issue: lookup not found for /atg/
epub/AgentTransport.

After adding this entry manually in the dynamo.env, everything worked.