Post Calculator causing NPE in loadRelatiionshipOblects

David Herman

Feb 17, 2009, 6:04:21 PM2/17/09
to ATG_Tech
We have a preCalculator defined in our item price engine. I was
experimenting with adding a postCalculator so I created a new class/
component that extends ItemPriceCalculator have it set in our
ItemPriceEngine postCalculators=/path/to/my/component and it all looks
fine in dyn/admin - everything resolves. However, when I go to price
an item I end up with

CONTAINER:atg.service.pipeline.RunProcessException: An exception was
thrown from the context of the link named [loadRelationshipObjects].;
SOURCE:java.lang.NullPointerException
at atg.service.pipeline.PipelineChain.runProcess
(PipelineChain.java:371)
at atg.service.pipeline.PipelineChainContext.runProcess
(PipelineChainContext.java:185)
at atg.service.pipeline.PipelineManager.runProcess
(PipelineManager.java:453)
at atg.commerce.order.OrderImpl.ensureContainers
(OrderImpl.java:1262)
at atg.commerce.order.OrderImpl.getShippingGroups
(OrderImpl.java:815)

Currently this is the entire block of my priceItem method:
if(isLoggingWarning()){
logWarning(String.valueOf(price));
}

Any idea whats causing this. I have confirmed that it is indeed the
post calc since i can remove it and remove the error then add it back
and get the error again.

manimozhian rathinam

Feb 17, 2009, 8:37:14 PM2/17/09
to atg_...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
  The pricing  is not set at all.If you check the price it may be 40.0.You can debug the code to get the root cause and also verify the configurations
Sai

Feb 18, 2009, 12:26:47 PM2/18/09
to ATG_Tech
Found the issue
The new calc was missing these 2 properties

loggingIdentifier=TheCalc
pricePropertyName=listPrice