java.lang.IllegalAccessError accessing class org.jboss.netty.handler.ssl.ImmediateExecutor from class com.ning.http.client.providers.netty.NettyAsyncHttpProvider$4

chapgood

Jun 23, 2015, 10:47:48 AM6/23/15
to asyncht...@googlegroups.com
In my efforts to update the Clojure client wrapping AHC, I am preparing an intermediate release that uses the latest 1.8.x release of AHC.  I'm mostly finished, but I have started seeing this exception sporadically when accessing a particular website:

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class org.jboss.netty.handler.ssl.ImmediateExecutor from class com.ning.http.client.providers.netty.NettyAsyncHttpProvider$4
at com.ning.http.client.providers.netty.NettyAsyncHttpProvider$4.getPipeline(NettyAsyncHttpProvider.java:385)
at org.jboss.netty.bootstrap.ClientBootstrap.connect(ClientBootstrap.java:212)
at org.jboss.netty.bootstrap.ClientBootstrap.connect(ClientBootstrap.java:188)
at com.ning.http.client.providers.netty.NettyAsyncHttpProvider.doConnect(NettyAsyncHttpProvider.java:1100)
at com.ning.http.client.providers.netty.NettyAsyncHttpProvider.execute(NettyAsyncHttpProvider.java:940)
at com.ning.http.client.AsyncHttpClient.executeRequest(AsyncHttpClient.java:499)

This happens when accessing an https URL, but I'm pretty sure that other https URLs are working.  And certainly http URLs work fine.  The application driving the client has worked fine for years with the previous client, so I'll bet I've not managed some of the differences between 1.7.10 and 1.8.16 correctly.

Does anybody have any ideas on where to look?

Regards,
Chris

Stéphane LANDELLE

Jun 23, 2015, 10:52:11 AM6/23/15
to asyncht...@googlegroups.com
Could you be running in an OSGI env? Or could you be shipping multiple versions of Netty 3?

Stéphane Landelle
Lead developer

chapgood

Jun 23, 2015, 1:42:03 PM6/23/15
to asyncht...@googlegroups.com
You nailed it.  io.netty/netty and org.jboss/netty.

Thanks a 10^9.

-C

Stéphane LANDELLE

Jun 23, 2015, 2:05:07 PM6/23/15