How to add comment and attach document for a Support ticket? (Error: 403 Forbidden)

QualityHU

Feb 27, 2014, 11:53:01 AM2/27/14
to assembla...@googlegroups.com
Hi to All,

I can successfully - "post ticket",  - "upload file and attach to ticket",  and  "post comment to a given ticket"  via API _if_ the given user have Ticket tool permission: "Edit"

Now the problem:

I would like to post a _support_ ticket via API, and I do not want the user have Ticket tool permission, just want to give her/him Support tool permission: "Edit".
So I discovered there is an "is_support" field in ticket object (see doc:http://api-doc.assembla.com/content/ref/ticket_fields.html)
It says: "Virtual attribute used for support tickets creation. Pass true if you want the ticket to be created with Support tool permissions."

And it works... If I call POST ticket and fill the ticket object with this is_support=true, then even the user has no Ticket tool permission, but has Support Tool "Edit" permission it successfully creates a ticket.

Unfortunatelly with the very same user with the very same permission can not add documents or comments to the created support ticket: API Answers: 403 Forbidden
Please note: Everything works if I give Ticket Tool permssion "Edit" for the user. (what I do not want to)

Question: How to call the API for a successfully created support ticket with a user who have only Support Tool permission and have not Ticket tool permission to add document? and add comments??

Additional info:
Used API for document creation and adding:

Used API for comment creation and adding:

Thanks in advance

Stanislav Kolotinskiy

Mar 6, 2014, 3:15:52 AM3/6/14
to assembla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

user that creates the ticket should have Edit permission in Files tool in order to add documents. Unfortunately, adding comments to support tickets through API is not implemented.

Regards,
Stanislav