Time retrieved via API has its Begin-at timestamp mismatching timestamp displayed in Assembla

Pam

Mar 7, 2018, 2:50:34 AM3/7/18
to Assembla API Development

Hi,

We noticed something strange. We use the Assembla API to synch down time entries against tickets. We noticed the time stamp we get for tasks/begin-at and tasks/end-at appear to be 11 hours ahead of the time the task was recorded in Assembla.

For eg. We entered time in Assemble on 3pm Friday, Mar 2 (Sydney time) for 1 hour work. It shows up correctly on Assembla, but looking at the time record we synched down, we have the correct created-at and updated-at values, but begin-at and end-at appear to be 2am Saturday, Mar 3. These times are important as we bill client based on the these dates. Client will question that no work was carried out on that Saturday when in fact it was recorded in Assembla for Friday.

What could be the cause for this? We are in a timezone that’s 11 hours ahead of GMT. Could this be related?

Best regards,

Pam

Stanislav Kolotinskiy

Mar 8, 2018, 4:20:06 AM3/8/18
to Pam, Assembla API Development
Hi Pam,

can you please send me a private email with some details like a task ID, so that I can investigate further?

Regards,
Stanislav