401 Unauthorized

Илья Зорин

May 13, 2014, 6:32:58 AM5/13/14
to assembla...@googlegroups.com
I am working under Assembla client for Androind for my bachelor degree work and I have faced with unexpected behaviour. I have no problems with authorization itself, but after about a half an hour of it my token became invalid and I got this message with 401 code:
{
    "error": "invalid_token",
    "error_description": "The access token provided is expired, revoked, malformed or invalid for other reasons."
}
Code 401 is not even mentioned in documentation. Any suggestions? Thank you for your help!

Stanislav Kolotinskiy

May 13, 2014, 6:47:28 AM5/13/14
to assembla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ilya,

access tokens are valid for 15 minutes. If you perform no requests during 15 minutes, it will expire and you'll have to get a new one either by using refresh token or by performing a new authorization request. Find out more at http://api-doc.assembla.com/content/authentication.html .

Regards,
Stanislav

ant...@2amigos.us

Feb 28, 2017, 2:48:36 PM2/28/17
to Assembla API Development
Hi,

I am trying to refresh tokens my self, and I have followed the instructions. Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong here?

PARAMETERS: array(4) { ["client_id"]=> string(22) "{CLIENTID}" ["client_secret"]=> string(32) "{CLIENT_SECRET}" ["grant_type"]=> string(13) "refresh_token" ["refresh_token"]=> string(32) "2dd60f85217a43844de6bc9192b84a8c" }

I do POST request, and I even removed the client id and the client secret from the POST params... and still, this is what I received:

Request failed with code: 400, message: {"error":"invalid_grant","error_description":"The provided access grant is invalid, expired, or revoked (e.g. invalid assertion, expired authorization token, bad end-user password credentials, or mismatching authorization code and redirection URI)."}

The funny part is that it worked before... now I constantly see that error not being able to see what is happening. The application has been registered, the test domains ok, the redirection url well written and the credentials are correct. Whats going on?

Stanislav Kolotinskiy

Mar 1, 2017, 2:42:44 AM3/1/17
to ant...@2amigos.us, Assembla API Development
Hi Antonio,

it actually just worked fine for me right now. Can you please recheck?

Regards,
Stanislav