500 Broken API: POST .../merge_requests/[merge_request_id]/versions/[version]/comments

Francis Robichaud

Feb 19, 2014, 9:15:54 PM2/19/14
to assembla...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
we're trying to add a comment on a merge request version and the server returns an error 500.

Merge Request Version Comments

We use several other APIs (both POST and GET) and this is the only one for which we're getting an error.

Stanislav Kolotinskiy

Feb 20, 2014, 2:49:36 AM2/20/14
to assembla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Francis,

looks like you're sending some invalid JSON. Here's the error message that we got:
lexical error: invalid char in json text.
                                       Build status: Failed <br/> Buil

Please make sure that you send valid JSON and try again.

Regards,
Stanislav

Stanislav Kolotinskiy

Feb 20, 2014, 4:22:16 AM2/20/14
to assembla...@googlegroups.com, frobi...@petalmd.com
From what I'm seeing, your JSON is invalid - you're sending stuff like {"content" => "test"} which looks like a Ruby hash not JSON. If you're using Ruby, use JSON.dump, otherwise please just make sure that you're generating valid JSON.

Regards,
Stanislav

On 02/20/2014 11:17 AM, Francis Robichaud wrote:
Thanks for the help. I've been trying several JSON messages for the past 20 minutes and the server keeps replying with either a 404 message or a JSON::Parse error message.

Francis