Ticket is_support field causes errors and side effects (using XML)

QualityHU

Mar 5, 2014, 7:26:33 AM3/5/14
to assembla...@googlegroups.com
Hi to All,

This question may related with question "How to add comment and attach document for a Support ticket? (Error: 403 Forbidden)"

API message: POST ticket.

If I use the is_support field in the ticket object the ticket will be created with _private_ visibility regardless I use the permission_type = 2;
If I use the is_support field in the ticket object the tickets message followers and tags field will ignored, ticket created will have no tags, and followers

Please note: Simply commenting out the is_support from the message and changing nothing else the ticket is created properly, with public, and all tags and followers.

Well at this point we can suppose the guy (me) makes a syntax error with his is_support line in the message. But I do not think this us the case, here is why:

When I use the is_support field in the message, it _has_ the expected effect. (API will check permission against the Support Tool permission instead the Ticket Tool permission)
If the is_support is present in the message, then ticket can be created by the user which have Support Tool permission but have no Ticket Tool permission (correct), and if the is_support is no present in the message, then ticket can not be created (correct)
Interestingly it does not matter what is the value of the is_support field (0, 1, true, false, True, False, XXX) it regarded to TRUE. (implicates something wrong here)

Besides that our base error (Ticket is_support field causes errors and side effects (using XML) even if I successfully POST a ticket using is_support with a user, who have only Support Tool permission, the very same user can not attach doc and comment this ticket. See "How to add comment and attach document for a Support ticket? (Error: 403 Forbidden)"

Any ideas?

Stanislav Kolotinskiy

Mar 5, 2014, 7:32:40 AM3/5/14
to assembla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

is_support field was added to implement the very basic ability to create support tickets. Unfortunately, not everything is supported yet (documents and tags are among the unsupported stuff).
About the value of is_support param - if you passed any value for is_support, that implies that you want the ticket to be a support one.
Permission type is forced in cases when support tool permissions don't allow permission_type field to be edited.
I hope this helps.

Regards,
Stanislav

QualityHU

Mar 5, 2014, 7:48:40 AM3/5/14
to assembla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stanislav,

Thanks for the instant feedback. Could you read and comment my few days ago message also (there)...How to add comment and attach document for a Support ticket? (Error: 403 Forbidden)

Thanks
Gabor