Getting ticket descriptions via API

j...@blackfordanalysis.com

Apr 22, 2016, 10:39:25 AM4/22/16
to Assembla API Development
Hi,

I'm attempting to get ticket XML including the description field.
It looks like the following should work:

curl -H "X-Api-key: <my_key>" -H "X-Api-secret: <my_secret>" https://api.assembla.com/v1/spaces/ricap3d/tickets.xml

However nothing is returned (not even 404 or such like).

My authentication is working since I can get ticket comments for individual tickets returned.

Am I using this wrongly? Or is there another way to get ticket descriptions out?

Regards,
John Gregor

Stanislav Kolotinskiy

Apr 25, 2016, 2:41:18 AM4/25/16
to assembla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

please add -i flag to curl so that it shows headers as well and please report response status.

Regards,
Stanislav

j...@blackfordanalysis.com

Apr 25, 2016, 4:10:11 AM4/25/16
to Assembla API Development
Hi Stanislav,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Adding the -i flag to the same command gives me:

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Server: cloudflare-nginx
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 08:04:56 GMT
CF-RAY: 2990497b9e5c367d-MAN

Regards,
John.

Stanislav Kolotinskiy

Apr 25, 2016, 4:17:37 AM4/25/16
to assembla...@googlegroups.com
So looks like auth didn't pass, and I see the reason. Auth headers names are case-sensitive, so it should have been X-Api-Key and X-Api-Secret (please note capital K and capital S). Please try again and let me know if that helps.

Regards,
Stanislav