Small blog application

Patrick Mulder

Jan 18, 2013, 5:44:32 AM1/18/13
to Ashikawa AvocadoDB
Hello,

just a quick note, that in the context of #learningChef with Nathen
Harvey from Opscode, we plan to deploy a small ArangoDB/Rails app with
Chef. We recently did it for Rails and Mongoid, see:

http://www.nathenharvey.com/blog/2012/12/19/learning-chef-part-4/
(part 5 and 6 will be posted soon)

For our experiment, we need a Ashikawa based Rails blog app, and I
started a very basic app here: https://github.com/mulderp/arangoblog

Maybe you have feedback, if something nice can be included.

Cheers,

patrick
http://twitter.com/mulpat

Lucas Dohmen

Jan 19, 2013, 4:47:14 PM1/19/13
to ashi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patrick,

Sounds interesting! Thanks for keeping us in the loop :)
I will take a look at the application in the next few days and give you feedback
via Github :)

Best Wishes,
Lucas

Patrick Mulder

Jan 20, 2013, 3:41:24 AM1/20/13
to ashi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Lucas.

It's not much code right now, but just a basic Post class - actually, I was reminded by a Mongoid based CMS I discovered a while ago, maybe we could take some ideas from here too:  https://github.com/locomotivecms/engine/tree/master/app/models/locomotive